USMB Coffee Shop IV

Physical therapy for me tomorrow. Never had it done before, so I have no clue what to expect. They said wear something comfortable and to be there at noon. Doc set up the appt for me, and they said they would help me with managing my RA. I'm kinda nervous about someone bending my joints around all twisty turny. :(
My experience with physical therapy involved levitating my butt about 3 feet off the chair. Then the therapist gives some exercises to do yourself that resemble self-inflicted agony. Good luck, Gracie! It will all be worth it in the end, it does work.

Yesterday I stepped out to go to the store and there was a convoy of Gambel's quail making their way up the side street. Later that day I saw another convoy of quail running around the parking lot of a Walgreens.

Gambels_Quail_Glamor_Ned_Harris.jpg

Never seen quail up close before, kinda cool. :thup:
Those little fellows are common where my parents used to live in Carson City. One evening, several dozen, probably more like hundreds, marched through the yard and literally over the house. They just went up on the roof and kept on going, jumping off the other side. I was hard pressed not to knock and arrow to my bow. Cheeky little bastages!

My trip was a waste of time. He did nothing except massage my hand and say it will be hard for me to do with my left hand and I need someone to do it for me. Or to use a tennis ball to roll around in my palm. Then he printed out 2 pieces of paper with graphs on how to exercise my joints. I said thanks, but I didn't need them cuz I already have been doing those things compliments of youtube and google websites.

He didn't ask about my knees, hips, shoulders, feet. He seemed bored. I was ready to go. So I did.

My aunt who lives in El Paso used to keep birds, all kinds of birds! She even had an aviary in the back yard with all kinds of finches and button quail. She had military and hyacinth macaws, love birds, just about any kind of bird you could legally own. She had one sun conure that hated me and challenged me whenever I walked by its cage. I'm not a bird fan.

My trip was a waste of time. He did nothing except massage my hand and say it will be hard for me to do with my left hand and I need someone to do it for me. Or to use a tennis ball to roll around in my palm. Then he printed out 2 pieces of paper with graphs on how to exercise my joints. I said thanks, but I didn't need them cuz I already have been doing those things compliments of youtube and google websites.

He didn't ask about my knees, hips, shoulders, feet. He seemed bored. I was ready to go. So I did.
Maybe you need to find a better therapist? Have you thought of finding a good chiropractor?

Nah. I can deal with this on my own. Everything is right here in front of me via the pc on how-to's.
I will never...ever...go to a chiropractor. Ever. *shuddering*

So, I'm making a balsamic-habanero reduction for a recipe I'm using. It's very simple, 2 cups balsamic vinegar, squeeze a lime into it and put the rest of the lime in, seed and pit a habanero pepper, but it into pieces and add that. Let the mess cook over very low heat until it's about half of what you started with. I have to go outside for a while. My eyes are burning! Hope the cats don't perish while I'm gone!

My aunt who lives in El Paso used to keep birds, all kinds of birds! She even had an aviary in the back yard with all kinds of finches and button quail. She had military and hyacinth macaws, love birds, just about any kind of bird you could legally own. She had one sun conure that hated me and challenged me whenever I walked by its cage. I'm not a bird fan.

I had a little parakeet that used to try to hump people's fingers all the time. Lol. :D A pervakeet.

I've mentioned it before, the wife has popcorn in the evening and usually only eats about a quarter of it, in the moring we toss it in the back yard. All sorts of birds come and eat it but there's one pigeon in particular who is always waiting before anyone else gets there, he goes through and finds all the unpopped kernels first. He's also become fairly unafraid, he'll walk the 3' high metal fence separating the pool from the grassy yard are right in front of the cats and land in the yard looking for food just a few feet from the cats. He'll walk the fence up to within a foot of me begging for food. Fearless little shit..... :lol:

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's Karma,
Ernie's Bert,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

12141726_1099225820095228_1877603615557827087_n.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Good new, Gracie.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Ernie's Bert,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

776bee8328d63892e14ab744cd1d8c8f.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I got the liver results back for Karma....and it is normal! YAY!!! Thank you all for prayers for her! She is going to be fine. :)

You can take her off the list now, Foxfyre. Thank you so much. :huddle:

Very good news Gracie and I am very happy for you and Karma. :)

When my birdy died I had so much seed left that I fed it to the street pigeons for a year. After that I still feed them some of my left over bread. Pigeons survive in every city in the world and I like to feed them. I fed some today when I went to town to get my weekend food.

5 days without cigarettes and 3 without Bert.
Still no sign of the old boy, though I've made calls to the pound, talked to neighbors and spent hours searching.
The nicotine patches are keeping people I encounter safe from harm and me safe from further harming myself.
I'm still coughing and gagging and the dogs definitely need a bath, (sense of smell is acute) but so far, so good.

I really want a cigar and have some REALLY good ones, but I do believe I'll wait a while before I take that chance.

Still no sign of the old boy, though I've made calls to the pound, talked to neighbors and spent hours searching.
The nicotine patches are keeping people I encounter safe from harm and me safe from further harming myself.
I'm still coughing and gagging and the dogs definitely need a bath, (sense of smell is acute) but so far, so good.

I really want a cigar and have some REALLY good ones, but I do believe I'll wait a while before I take that chance.

So sorry Ernie.
Did you think to look for him in the crawl space under the house?

Hang in there Ernie. As a former smoker, I can assure you that it is worth it.

Forum List

Back