USMB Coffee Shop IV

Last weekend of the Balloon Fiesta this weekend, and though we almost always have a balloon or two or three or so aloft in our western skies year round, weather permitting, we will miss the plethora of colorful balloons during the festival. I won't miss the traffic from the hundreds of thousands of extra people in town.

hot-air-balloon-festival-albuquerque-nm.jpg
IMG_960X365_09RYBAL201301.jpg
4.jpg
balloonfiesta-Sklute2_9425.jpg

5 days without cigarettes and 3 without Bert.
Still no sign of the old boy, though I've made calls to the pound, talked to neighbors and spent hours searching.
The nicotine patches are keeping people I encounter safe from harm and me safe from further harming myself.
I'm still coughing and gagging and the dogs definitely need a bath, (sense of smell is acute) but so far, so good.

I really want a cigar and have some REALLY good ones, but I do believe I'll wait a while before I take that chance.

So sorry Ernie.
Did you think to look for him in the crawl space under the house?
It's closed up pretty good. At this point, I'm pretty confident that he's not close to the house.

Only in Albuquerque. . .this happens when the 'box' isn't working. The 'box' is what makes Albuquerque so popular for ballooning--different layers of air are moving in all different directions so all a balloon has to do is elevate or lower to find wind in a direction the pilot wants to go. In this case, the balloons got caught in a strong current that was carrying them south and in serious danger of entering the airport air space which would net them a huge fine. So to avoid that, they set down anywhere they can. :)

1383074_10152488440408386_588616813344801290_n.jpg

Last edited:
5 days without cigarettes and 3 without Bert.
Still no sign of the old boy, though I've made calls to the pound, talked to neighbors and spent hours searching.
The nicotine patches are keeping people I encounter safe from harm and me safe from further harming myself.
I'm still coughing and gagging and the dogs definitely need a bath, (sense of smell is acute) but so far, so good.

I really want a cigar and have some REALLY good ones, but I do believe I'll wait a while before I take that chance.
''

Miss me yet?

:smoke:

I've mentioned it before, the wife has popcorn in the evening and usually only eats about a quarter of it, in the moring we toss it in the back yard. All sorts of birds come and eat it but there's one pigeon in particular who is always waiting before anyone else gets there, he goes through and finds all the unpopped kernels first. He's also become fairly unafraid, he'll walk the 3' high metal fence separating the pool from the grassy yard are right in front of the cats and land in the yard looking for food just a few feet from the cats. He'll walk the fence up to within a foot of me begging for food. Fearless little shit..... :lol:
There are times when cats lack the wisdom to leave well enough alone...to their great chagrin.
5d426ead88de86950ba36b9bd91c8e37.jpg
Huh4A.jpg

Meanwhile...today I changed my bedroom around (all by myself!..yay me!), took stuff to the patio room to take pics to put on CL to get rid of it cuz I am plumb outta room, and what is left over is for the new roomie that is moving in on the 15th.
Tomorrow, we have to paint the room, steam clean the carpet and get it all ready for him. And...Sunday is my 63rd birthday AND....The Walking Dead starts that day, so I consider it my birfday prezzie. :lol:

lol. I hope that cat being hauled off by the eagle got away safe! When I had chickens, my cat thought she would strut her stuff. Chickens are usually chicken....not these ladies. They surrounded her and began to peck at her. Cat learned real fast to leave the hens alone. :lol:

lol. I hope that cat being hauled off by the eagle got away safe! When I had chickens, my cat thought she would strut her stuff. Chickens are usually chicken....not these ladies. They surrounded her and began to peck at her. Cat learned real fast to leave the hens alone. :lol:
One of the urban legends up here is the froo-froo dog travelling with its owners in a motor home and the dog gets snatched at a rest stop. It's not as much a legend as people would think. Every spring I worry about my new kids because there is a nesting pair of eagle nearby. Goat kid is just about right to snatch and take home to the eaglets for lunch. Cats and small dogs are not spared the attentions of out larger raptors, either. Sad to day, Nature is a be-atch sometimes.

I just finished my first batch of spelt flour crackers, with flax, sesame, and sunflower seeds. They're really tasty if a little chewy. Part of my long term diet changes include using "ancient" grains instead of modern, commercially produced wheat. Of course, that means I'll be making lots of my own baked goods, since "ancient" grains haven't really caught on with the mainstream diner.
Here's a pretty good article that describes some of the differences between spelt and modern wheat:
BENEFITS OF SPELT VERSUS COMMON WHEAT

I just finished my first batch of spelt flour crackers, with flax, sesame, and sunflower seeds. They're really tasty if a little chewy. Part of my long term diet changes include using "ancient" grains instead of modern, commercially produced wheat. Of course, that means I'll be making lots of my own baked goods, since "ancient" grains haven't really caught on with the mainstream diner.
Here's a pretty good article that describes some of the differences between spelt and modern wheat:
I've been missing bread, lemme tell ya. And pasta. I'll check out the link.

I've always wondered if ancient grains are taken from archeologically sites......... :eusa_whistle:

I've always wondered if ancient grains are taken from archeologically sites......... :eusa_whistle:
Actually, lots of them are simply still grown in places where they've been grown for many generations who never heard of the concept of selective breeding.

Forum List

Back