USMB Coffee Shop IV

Drat, there is something wrong with 'steam' and I cannot connect to it to play my game. I never liked steam and preferred the days when games were just on your computer, not registered over the internet.

Drat, there is something wrong with 'steam' and I cannot connect to it to play my game. I never liked steam and preferred the days when games were just on your computer, not registered over the internet.

I agree completely. I bought Batman : Arkham Origins a while back from Amazon. I just wanted to play on my own, not do anything online. However, playing the game requires you log in to Steam and enter a code.....which wasn't included in my game. I was able to get my money back from the seller, but I never did play the game. Why do I need an online code to play a single player game? :mad:

I agree completely. I bought Batman : Arkham Origins a while back from Amazon. I just wanted to play on my own, not do anything online. However, playing the game requires you log in to Steam and enter a code.....which wasn't included in my game. I was able to get my money back from the seller, but I never did play the game. Why do I need an online code to play a single player game? :mad:

I dunno, but I got onto steam just now and got killed really quickly every time I tried to play the game. I am very low on ammo and surrounded by killer robots and soldiers. You can't shoot the robots, and I have no grenades left. Bummer !

I am eagerly awaiting Uncharted 4, which is due out Oct 9th. No, I will not be playing it. I will watch someone else play it on youtube. :lol:

Every once in a while steam goes down for maintenance. I fought using Steam for years but with almost all new games it's the way things are going. If you want to buy any newer EA games you'll have to use their online site call Origin, don't even think about it unless you have DDR3 technology, a quad core CPU, a 1GB graphics card (minimum) and at least 8GBs of RAM or the games will be "choppy" at best.

Every once in a while steam goes down for maintenance. I fought using Steam for years but with almost all new games it's the way things are going. If you want to buy any newer EA games you'll have to use their online site call Origin, don't even think about it unless you have DDR3 technology, a quad core CPU, a 1GB graphics card (minimum) and at least 8GBs of RAM or the games will be "choppy" at best.

Why do you have to have all that just to play a game? Scam! :D

Better technology produces better games. Example of the advances in graphics. (Note: the better the graphics the more power needed, the more more advanced/fast hardware required).
Call of Duty 1 released in 2003.

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare released in 2014.

HUGE difference in graphics rendering!!! A computer built in 2003 would probably not be able to play the last one, the technology wasn't there except in really high end systems and even then the DirectX version needed to play it wasn't developed in 2003.

Being bad tonight, making beef tips with rice.......

Slow-Cooker-Beef-Tips.jpg

Better technology produces better games. Example of the advances in graphics. (Note: the better the graphics the more power needed, the more more advanced/fast hardware required).

HUGE difference in graphics rendering!!! A computer built in 2003 would probably not be able to play the last one, the technology wasn't there except in really high end systems and even then the DirectX version needed to play it wasn't developed in 2003.

I'm not really a gamer. I know what you mean though. Computers and programs become obsolete every few years it seems. Hard to keep up. Lol. :D

I'm not really a gamer. I know what you mean though. Computers and programs become obsolete every few years it seems. Hard to keep up. Lol. :D

A few decades ago I read a short story (sci-fi) where all the actors were basically just the voices and the "bodies" that the computer generated characters from. Everything was ultra realistically generated computer movies, we're headed in that direction.

I got all caught up in that vid, but shoot'em'ups aren't my thang. Still..the graphics are awesome! I was gonna ask what happens if you shoot your own man, but I saw where it didn't do anything to him. Good. That is a LOT of guys running around and it would suck to shoot one of your own troop!

A few decades ago I read a short story (sci-fi) where all the actors were basically just the voices and the "bodies" that the computer generated characters from. Everything was ultra realistically generated computer movies, we're headed in that direction.

Which means hoity toity celebs better be afraid. Very afraid.

Some movies are already like that.

I got all caught up in that vid, but shoot'em'ups aren't my thang. Still..the graphics are awesome! I was gonna ask what happens if you shoot your own man, but I saw where it didn't do anything to him. Good. That is a LOT of guys running around and it would suck to shoot one of your own troop!

No, there is friendly fire in the game unless it's turned off. If you shoot one of your own it's the same as dying, you start over from the last checkpoint or last saved point.

Greetings, All!
Glad to see life goes on.
I should have gotten a lot more done last night. I had only one flight, got my mandatory company training completed, although I found no volunteers for a practical application of "Sexual Harassment Training", but figured I could find some other venue to practice. Unfortunately, grading papers while my co-workers are present is....difficult. Whoever though guys would be such gossipy blabbermouths!?

Did you see 300, Ringel? There was a LOT of really good computer animation in that. :D The new Jurassic Park I think the dinosaurs are mostly computer animation. It sure looks realistic though! :)

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre,
Gracie's Karma,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

6284271535_bd43f7f9d6_z.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Medical School Test

When I was young, I decided I wanted to be a doctor, so I took the entrance exam to go to Medical School .

One of the questions asked us to rearrange the letters PNEIS into the name of an important human body part which is most useful when erect.
Those who answered 'spine' are doctors today.
The rest of us are sending jokes via the internet.

I am not sure what processor I have, but I do have 8gigs of ram and a 1 gig video card. I played 'wolfenstein the new order' with no problems.

Forum List

Back