USMB Coffee Shop IV

Soylent Green? :ack-1:
Don't knock it till you've tried it........ :lol:

Now available in multi-flavored packs......... And it's own cookbook.

soylent-green-20110222-123658.jpg

Do those crackers look appetizing to you?
Hell no. And the name sucks too. Especially for us older whippersnappers.

I just got back from a yard sale. Um. Wait. OUTSIDE antique store wannabe with prices to match. I didn't buy a damn thing. Like..uh...are you CRAZY???

So...took the dogs to the beach which I could not get to cuz its high tide and instead just wandered the cliffs nearby to look for lizards. Came home, told Mr Gracie about the...cough...sale....and now I am fixin' to take another tylenol. Its not as bad as it was but its enough to make me wince now and then. No wincing today. Things to do.

Foxfyre, et al,

Yes ... BUT!

By the way, nobody has noticed that it is Friday the 13th?]
(COMMENT)

As long as you are not a TEMPLAR Knight, Defender of the Faithful, a true Chevalier de Strasse, or a rich Catholic with wealth that has captured the Pope's eye --- you'll be OK.

Most Respectfully,
R

Soylent Green? :ack-1:
Don't knock it till you've tried it........ :lol:

Now available in multi-flavored packs......... And it's own cookbook.

soylent-green-20110222-123658.jpg

Do those crackers look appetizing to you?

You do know they are made out of people? I just had to say it in case some of you had not seen the film.
I prefer my people roasted on an open fire with cannibals dancing round in glee, warchant carols being sung by a choir and lady fingers crisped and dipped in ghee. Everybody knows, some liver and some fava beans will help to make the evening bright.........

Last edited:
The board is not what it was in days gone by. Very personal attacks with increased partisanship and stupidity. Going to take a long break.

I miss many of our friends who used to visit the Coffee Shop almost every day but we can't make people love us and/or some simply have other priorities and we've acquired new friends too and we manage to keep personal attacks and partisanship and stupidity to a minimum in here. Gracie is right that sometimes we do need a break, but you would be missed. You can do what I do--come here to the Coffee Shop to enjoy people and do my political and social issues debating mostly elsewhere.

Been thinking about this for awhile, the bold part makes the most sense to me. I like making captions in the Pets - Cat Lovers thread too. The rest of the board is just hopeless.

It's definitely a good idea to step away from the political areas of the board sometimes. They can be pretty frustrating.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's sore hand,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern with a special RIP for Bert.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

1280px-Albert_Bierstadt_-_Mountain_House.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Happy Saturday everybody. Hope all are looking forward to a good weekend.

Was just reading an article about an odd question Goldman Sachs includes in its job interviews, presumably to test the applicant's ability to think outside the box, think creatively, or maybe sense of humor:

"If you were shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender, how would you get out?"

To me it was a fairly easy question. I would flatten myself against the side to be out of reach of the blades and gather enough material to build a platform under my feet until I could reach the top, punch off the lid, and slither out.

Shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender? First I am writing names on the side of the blender. Somebody is paying for this big time. Then I am going to put my feet on one side and hands on the opposite and work my way to the top.

So when I put together my PC, a couple of parts had mail-in rebates. Unfortunately, those rebates come in the form of prepaid cards. The first one almost got thrown away because my employer thought it was one of those junk mail credit cards. The second one has apparently been sitting on the kitchen counter, but I did not notice, because I thought it was one of those BS junk mail cards. :p

Forum List

Back