USMB Coffee Shop IV

Bummer, I got woken up at 4AM by a loud crashing noise. I was dozing and I was not sure if I dreamed it. So I got up and searched the flat for burglars and found the toilet ceiling has fallen down. There are lumps of plaster everywhere including down the toilet. I will have a clean up job in the morning. I am still awake at 5AM because it disturbed me too much to get back to sleep, so I thought I might as well do some web surfing.
WTF?!! Do you know what caused that?

Caught up!!!
It's nut-numbing cold here. Single digits late night and early morning. At least there's enough snow to keep the ground frozen and fairly level.
I caught wind of a sale at Bass Pro up here, flannel-lined work pants for a decent price. I got me a pair and they are wunnerful! I might go get another pair.
I've almost finished Christmas shopping. I have a small package for my daughter and family and I've some small things for my friends. Still a couple of things to go, but that will come after pay day. I'm buying a chainsaw lumber mill for my partner (if he doesn't like it, I'll gladly take it back!) The partner asked what I might like and I found a really great cast iron cooking set at Bass Pro and Lehman's has a nice non-electric washing machine I wouldn't mind having...

Couldn't sleep, finally went out around 3:30 and woke up an hour ago. It's breeze, cool and rainy, perfect sleeping weather....... :D
Me too. Dozed off about 2 hours ago and now I am wide awake. I hope I can fall asleep again at midnight. Otherwise, its going to be a lonnnnnnnng night of games on the pc. IF the power stays on with this wind. Our area is known for blackouts a the mere wisp of one and it is blowing like crazy right now.

Shrunk to the size of a pencil and put in a blender? First I am writing names on the side of the blender. Somebody is paying for this big time. Then I am going to put my feet on one side and hands on the opposite and work my way to the top.
I would BE the pencil and write STOP ...TIP OVER.

Bummer, I got woken up at 4AM by a loud crashing noise. I was dozing and I was not sure if I dreamed it. So I got up and searched the flat for burglars and found the toilet ceiling has fallen down. There are lumps of plaster everywhere including down the toilet. I will have a clean up job in the morning. I am still awake at 5AM because it disturbed me too much to get back to sleep, so I thought I might as well do some web surfing.
WTF?!! Do you know what caused that?

The neighbours toilet upstairs overflowed years ago and there were cracks in my plaster, so it was just waiting to fall down. I have laid awake tonight inventing a system of screwing a board up to stop any more plaster falling. After all I don't want a lump of plaster on my head while I am having a shit. Ha, ha.

It finally got cold enough in England today for me to put on the heating for the first time this year.
Really? We've been dipping to single digits now for a few weeks. Colder 'n a witches tit here. But, hell, it's Winter in Alaska...would we really expect anything less? Stay warm!

I did not need any heating today, its back to mild temperatures. I am sitting typing in nothing but a T shirt at 4AM and I am not cold.

Couldn't sleep, finally went out around 3:30 and woke up an hour ago. It's breeze, cool and rainy, perfect sleeping weather....... :D
Me too. Dozed off about 2 hours ago and now I am wide awake. I hope I can fall asleep again at midnight. Otherwise, its going to be a lonnnnnnnng night of games on the pc. IF the power stays on with this wind. Our area is known for blackouts a the mere wisp of one and it is blowing like crazy right now.

I cannot sleep either so I am web surfing. Here is a site you might find interesting. It is the site of an old friend of mine.

One in a Hundred - Introduction

Thanks, but I have my fav haunts.....Pinterest, Tumblr, DeviantArt, Twitter, stumbleupon, and of course YouTube watching others play games I can't play. Just finished watching Rise Of The Tomb Raider-Lara Croft and now watching some guy play Fallout.
For now, I am good. Just waiting for Walking Dead to come on.

Thanks, but I have my fav haunts.....Pinterest, Tumblr, DeviantArt, Twitter, stumbleupon, and of course YouTube watching others play games I can't play. Just finished watching Rise Of The Tomb Raider-Lara Croft and now watching some guy play Fallout.
For now, I am good. Just waiting for Walking Dead to come on.

You watch games but don't play them ? Why not have a go? I am in between games at the moment or I would probably be playing one using headphones to spare the neighbours, since it is still only 4.25 AM.

Goddamit, my computer is playing up. My typing is usually bad , and I have to correct it, but I seem to be missing out letters even though I am hitting them.
No, I restarted my computer, and it seems ok now.

I do play games with my mouse but not the keyboard. My fav game is Frog Drink Water.

Frog Drink Water

Warning. If you do not mute the sound..the song with be stuck in yer head but you gotta unmute it so you can tell when the frog is full cuz it giggles.

11811332_993014687435074_554229019139087285_n.png

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's sore hand,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern with a special RIP for Bert.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

1280px-Albert_Bierstadt_-_Mountain_House.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.
I guess you can take the new job off for now, Foxy. I was informed that they won't be hiring before the end of Spring semester, which means I'll be working graves at the airport at least until next Fall, if I get hired for the university gig.

But you still want the job don't you? So let's leave it there until the matter is settled.

I ate one scrambled egg with Mrs Dash (trying to cut out the salt intake), then laid down and slept for an hour. Then I ate a nice salad only and had some hot green tea. So far, throbs here and there but nothing major. No tears anyway. Whew!

I noticed that if I get "stopped up" and am eating the wrong foods....once the "stopping up" passes, my joints feel better. Which proves my theory and what I have read on google and bing, that foods you eat do affect how your body reacts. So...I'm sticking with veggie and fruit snacks for the rest of the night, and maybe tomorrow for a "fast" to clean everything out of my body. Then, I start the mediterranean diet, (gluten free of course).
I found this on google and bookmarked it. Interesting.

If you scroll down half way, it gives a meal plan menu.

Mediterranean Diet 101: A Meal Plan That Can Save Your Life

What a terrible diet for me.....I don't eat any seafood. :p

I actually have considered trying something like Soylent. It sounds terrible, but it's a sort of shake which supposedly has everything your body needs; according to the maker, you could eat nothing else and be healthy (you still need to drink, of course). I've read a few stories from people who have tried it as an exclusive diet for a short time and they were positive about the health aspects. The problem is that you are having the same thing every day. Maybe if I could only eat Cheez Its or Goldfish I could do that, but I don't know if I could only have one thing all the time otherwise. :lol: Still, it's something I've thought about trying just to see how it might improve my issues with a delicate digestive system.

My surgeon put me on a product called Boost - available at your local pharmacy or grocery store. It is loaded with high protein, fiber, and multi vitamins and minerals--they taste good and one pretty well knocks down your appetite for some time. Now that my protein and albumin have returned to normal after my surgery, I no longer have to take it. And I miss it.
I've seen the Boost thing. Might give it a try. Currently, I am drinking one Ensure a day. Sometimes two.
Close to the end of his life, my Dad was drinking Boost. I'm not sure how much it really helped him, though.

I was instructed to take it to re-establish my albumin and protein levels after my surgery. Both had returned to normal when I had my last blood tests so I discontinued the Boost because I don't need the extra calories and I take good vitamin and mineral supplements. Still working to get my iron levels back up to normal and then should be good as new.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's sore hand,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern with a special RIP for Bert.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

DSC_0048_400x400.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

I went to bed last night around 12:30 and just woke up. Coffee's almost done and the cats have had breakfast.
Three days ago I finally forced myself to pull the musket kit out of the closet and get the tools out to work on it, still tackling it a little bit at a time but at least it's helping to slowly pull me out of my funk.
The wife and I went for a drive on Friday, she would see a painting or something she likes and comment the I could do that, my usual response over the last decade has been extremely negative plus it would piss me off. I realized Friday that I felt no passion for anything, no motivation or desire to do even the things I used to love to do and that the only thing keeping me sane is doing the house chores that at least give me a small measure of accomplishment.

I went to bed last night around 12:30 and just woke up. Coffee's almost done and the cats have had breakfast.
Three days ago I finally forced myself to pull the musket kit out of the closet and get the tools out to work on it, still tackling it a little bit at a time but at least it's helping to slowly pull me out of my funk.
The wife and I went for a drive on Friday, she would see a painting or something she likes and comment the I could do that, my usual response over the last decade has been extremely negative plus it would piss me off. I realized Friday that I felt no passion for anything, no motivation or desire to do even the things I used to love to do and that the only thing keeping me sane is doing the house chores that at least give me a small measure of accomplishment.

You are describing the classic symptoms of reactive depression. Been there, done that. You have been going through a very difficult time for some years now and you probably have not really talked out your frustrations, fears, disappointments, and anger with anybody. That is a tremendous amount of stress heaped on anybody--even the good things pile on the stress when they involve major life changes. See if the VA would pay for some counseling sessions or you may find what resources are available to you here: Veterans Crisis Line | Hotline, Online Chat & Text

Your wife is probably not your best lifeline for the kind of frank discussion you need to have with somebody competent. Talking it out may not be a cureall, but it sure won't hurt and it usually does help.

Forum List

Back