USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good morning, coffee shop people! It is really chilly this morning, only in the 20s. Brrr.
cold.gif

Good morning, coffee shop people! It is really chilly this morning, only in the 20s. Brrr.
cold.gif

Chris!!! Been missing you. And yes, it is cold lots of places today. We still have snow on the ground from yesterday's snow storm which was welcome, but high winds are forecast for today which makes the chill extra fun.

But what about the new job? Any chance to really work it to see how you'll like it yet?

I just watched a flick, "Maleficent". A different twist to an old story. And the added bonus of having Angelina Jolie in a starring role! She's an extremely attractive woman who actually puts her money where her mouth is when it comes to trying to make the world better.
Try to find this one. Sigourney Weaver as the bad girl. Loved it. I liked Maleficent too.

Snow White: A Tale of Terror (1997) - IMDb

Funny-memes-my-favorite-part-of-winter-is.jpg

Yeah. That karma thing. I am hunkered in front of my heater and still freezing. It's about 59 degrees today. For us californies...that is COLD.

Funny-memes-my-favorite-part-of-winter-is.jpg

Yeah. That karma thing. I am hunkered in front of my heater and still freezing. It's about 59 degrees today. For us californies...that is COLD.

But even you Californians had a tornado in this mess that we've all been having--at Denair soutrh of Modesto.

We did? Modesto is an extended armpit of Bakersfield, so I haven't heard about it. The valley sucks, so I don't pay much attention to what goes on there since it took me almost 30 years to get the hell out of there.
However....the inlaws live in Modesto. I called her earlier and she still has not returned my call.

Just talked to her. Her phone was charging. Yeah, she said the rain was going sideways along with the trees and its the first time she ever saw such a thing. She also said her son in law asked them to move to Hawaii and live with them but she was afraid to and I said I agreed with her. It SOUNDS nice, but with WWIII starting up...does she really want to be stuck on an island in the middle of the pacific with a bunch of hawaiians that hate her cuz she is a haolie? And she said thats what she is afraid of.

OH yeah. Hawaii sounds wonderful...but not nowadays. Too scarey.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's sore hand,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern with a special RIP for Bert.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

DSC_0048_400x400.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

Finally upgraded the wife's laptop to Win 10, had to buy a new Windows key as the Win 7 I loaded on it was from a computer that already is using it so was not "A Genuine Copy........." When it upgraded I thought it had done a clean install even though I told it not to because it loaded a new version of Firefox and wiped out all her bookmarks and all the icons I had on her taskbar were gone. Luckily it didn't delete the programs that were already on the computer and luckily I backed all her bookmarks up a couple of weeks ago.

cold.gif

Chris!!! Been missing you. And yes, it is cold lots of places today. We still have snow on the ground from yesterday's snow storm which was welcome, but high winds are forecast for today which makes the chill extra fun.

But what about the new job? Any chance to really work it to see how you'll like it yet?

Thanks, sweetie! :smiliehug: I hope things are going well for you and yours!

I'm finishing my training this week. It's been a long training session because I had to train for a few days on each shift. I'm exhausted though. Working all of these different shifts is really messing with my sleep schedule!

No snow here yet, but we did have some frost on the ground yesterday and today.

cold.gif

I'm finishing my training this week. It's been a long training session because I had to train for a few days on each shift. I'm exhausted though. Working all of these different shifts is really messing with my sleep schedule!

Ah still training. That no doubt adds to the stress and that will exacerbate the fatigue. But I do hope you are enjoying the experience anyway.

cold.gif

Ah still training. That no doubt adds to the stress and that will exacerbate the fatigue. But I do hope you are enjoying the experience anyway.

Yeah, I've learned a lot. Tomorrow is my last day training though! :eusa_dance: I will probably be covering a lot for people taking holiday vacations in the next couple/few months. We'll see how it goes. My regular job is pretty flexible when it comes to hours, so that is a plus. :)

cold.gif

Yeah, I've learned a lot. Tomorrow is my last day training though! :eusa_dance: I will probably be covering a lot for people taking holiday vacations in the next couple/few months. We'll see how it goes. My regular job is pretty flexible when it comes to hours, so that is a plus. :)

A little nosy none-of-her-business Mama Fox advice: You need to take very good care of you while working two jobs. You already indicated it is changing your sleep patterns and you can't do much about that other than to do your best to get your normal ration of sleep somehow. But do watch your diet--keep refined sugars/processed foods to a minimum and get plenty of good protein and veggies. And get some positive exercise--a brisk 20-minute walks, work out on a treadmill or cycle, go for a swim if you have access etc. It will make a difference in your stamina and alleviate the fatigue.

(I worked more than one job at a time for a lot of years. GW also can probably empathize with the difficulty of juggling sleep cycles and managing your health holding multiple jobs.)

Forum List

Back