USMB Coffee Shop IV

I have vicodins. Plenty of them. But...I only take one or half of one at night just before I go to bed. I do not take it during the day. I need my wits about me. Todays tylenol did just fine. Tomorrow, I will take another one if it is needed. If not, I will deal with this as I have been...which is trying like hell to ignore it.
My nightly vicodin is my sigh of relief when I crawl into my recliner in my jammies. My reward for dealing with this during the day. In short...my after work cocktail. :lol:

I ate one scrambled egg with Mrs Dash (trying to cut out the salt intake), then laid down and slept for an hour. Then I ate a nice salad only and had some hot green tea. So far, throbs here and there but nothing major. No tears anyway. Whew!

I noticed that if I get "stopped up" and am eating the wrong foods....once the "stopping up" passes, my joints feel better. Which proves my theory and what I have read on google and bing, that foods you eat do affect how your body reacts. So...I'm sticking with veggie and fruit snacks for the rest of the night, and maybe tomorrow for a "fast" to clean everything out of my body. Then, I start the mediterranean diet, (gluten free of course).
I found this on google and bookmarked it. Interesting.

If you scroll down half way, it gives a meal plan menu.

Mediterranean Diet 101: A Meal Plan That Can Save Your Life

What a terrible diet for me.....I don't eat any seafood. :p

I actually have considered trying something like Soylent. It sounds terrible, but it's a sort of shake which supposedly has everything your body needs; according to the maker, you could eat nothing else and be healthy (you still need to drink, of course). I've read a few stories from people who have tried it as an exclusive diet for a short time and they were positive about the health aspects. The problem is that you are having the same thing every day. Maybe if I could only eat Cheez Its or Goldfish I could do that, but I don't know if I could only have one thing all the time otherwise. :lol: Still, it's something I've thought about trying just to see how it might improve my issues with a delicate digestive system.

I ate one scrambled egg with Mrs Dash (trying to cut out the salt intake), then laid down and slept for an hour. Then I ate a nice salad only and had some hot green tea. So far, throbs here and there but nothing major. No tears anyway. Whew!

I noticed that if I get "stopped up" and am eating the wrong foods....once the "stopping up" passes, my joints feel better. Which proves my theory and what I have read on google and bing, that foods you eat do affect how your body reacts. So...I'm sticking with veggie and fruit snacks for the rest of the night, and maybe tomorrow for a "fast" to clean everything out of my body. Then, I start the mediterranean diet, (gluten free of course).

I actually have considered trying something like Soylent. It sounds terrible, but it's a sort of shake which supposedly has everything your body needs; according to the maker, you could eat nothing else and be healthy (you still need to drink, of course). I've read a few stories from people who have tried it as an exclusive diet for a short time and they were positive about the health aspects. The problem is that you are having the same thing every day. Maybe if I could only eat Cheez Its or Goldfish I could do that, but I don't know if I could only have one thing all the time otherwise. :lol: Still, it's something I've thought about trying just to see how it might improve my issues with a delicate digestive system.

My surgeon put me on a product called Boost - available at your local pharmacy or grocery store. It is loaded with high protein, fiber, and multi vitamins and minerals--they taste good and one pretty well knocks down your appetite for some time. Now that my protein and albumin have returned to normal after my surgery, I no longer have to take it. And I miss it.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we're still keeping vigil for

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Spoonie, Ringel, 007, Hombre, Sheila, Alan, & GW's sore backs,
Sherry’s Mom,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Noomi’s Auntie Marj,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. BBD's knee,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie and Colonel,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Foxfyre's sore back and painful shoulder,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Chris's new job,
GW's new job,
Gracie's sore hand,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And all others we love and hold in concern with a special RIP for Bert.

And the light is left on for Freedombecki, Againsheila, Alan1 and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

12219600_10206011718508257_8985989625684128741_n.jpg

P.S. Sometimes in the editing of the vigil list or when I have switched computers, somebody gets dropped that is supposed to be on it. This will always be inadvertent and if ya'll would call it to my attention, it would be much appreciated.

My surgeon put me on a product called Boost - available at your local pharmacy or grocery store. It is loaded with high protein, fiber, and multi vitamins and minerals--they taste good and one pretty well knocks down your appetite for some time. Now that my protein and albumin have returned to normal after my surgery, I no longer have to take it. And I miss it.
I've seen the Boost thing. Might give it a try. Currently, I am drinking one Ensure a day. Sometimes two.

Hmm. Interesting! But I think I will stick with Ensure milk chocolate flavor. I love that stuff. And there is not much difference between the two products except for one very important factor.....Boost does not have omega 3s. Ensure does. So Ensure it is for me!

Boost vs. Ensure | LIVESTRONG.COM

Last edited:
Good morning all. We are having a nice breakfast of crepes suzette, bacon, orange slices, and coffee. A bright crisp--okay cold--autumn morning in Albuquerque. It has been a strange fall--some of the trees are way past peak color and losing their leaves, others are at peak way late in the season, and some are still green. No explanation....just another weird season in New Mexico.

Hmm. Interesting! But I think I will stick with Ensure milk chocolate flavor. I love that stuff. And there is not much difference between the two products except for one very important factor.....Boost does not have omega 3s. Ensure does. So Ensure it is for me!

Boost vs. Ensure | LIVESTRONG.COM
I'm one of those who positively hate chemical cocktail manufactured shakes, they taste chalky and chemical. The only shakes I ever liked were the all natural and then only strawberry.

The board is not what it was in days gone by. Very personal attacks with increased partisanship and stupidity. Going to take a long break.

I miss many of our friends who used to visit the Coffee Shop almost every day but we can't make people love us and/or some simply have other priorities and we've acquired new friends too and we manage to keep personal attacks and partisanship and stupidity to a minimum in here. Gracie is right that sometimes we do need a break, but you would be missed. You can do what I do--come here to the Coffee Shop to enjoy people and do my political and social issues debating mostly elsewhere.

Been thinking about this for awhile, the bold part makes the most sense to me. I like making captions in the Pets - Cat Lovers thread too. The rest of the board is just hopeless.

Dwelling on the negative is not me. So my achy breaky friends, how are we going to make your mornings better? Herbs? Light exercise? No caffeine? (There, I said it) <ducks>

The board is not what it was in days gone by. Very personal attacks with increased partisanship and stupidity. Going to take a long break.

I miss many of our friends who used to visit the Coffee Shop almost every day but we can't make people love us and/or some simply have other priorities and we've acquired new friends too and we manage to keep personal attacks and partisanship and stupidity to a minimum in here. Gracie is right that sometimes we do need a break, but you would be missed. You can do what I do--come here to the Coffee Shop to enjoy people and do my political and social issues debating mostly elsewhere.

Been thinking about this for awhile, the bold part makes the most sense to me. I like making captions in the Pets - Cat Lovers thread too. The rest of the board is just hopeless.

And there you go. You don't have to give up those of us who like you and don't hassle you in the Coffee Shop in order to give up the numbnuts elsewhere on the board. :)

Dwelling on the negative is not me. So my achy breaky friends, how are we going to make your mornings better? Herbs? Light exercise? No caffeine? (There, I said it) <ducks>
Funny pics...good stuff! I don't go to pet threads so seeing some cute and funny cat and dog and animal memes would be great.:)

Forum List

Back