🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

I think we have achieved Peak Quinoa.

I noticed a couple of years ago that trendy restaurants started serving dishes with quinoa as a featured ingredient (especially the ubiquitous Kale & Quinoa Salad!).

Last night, our the Chinese restaurant at which mr. boe and I dined served kale and quinoa dip. And now today I read that MCDONALDS is serving quinoa.

The latter is proof that we have achieved Peak Quinoa.

That is my theory, and I'm stickin' with it.

I don't know for certain, but I don't recall ever even tasting quinoa, much less ordering or buying something with quinoa in it.

Having lived in the Oakland-Berkeley-SF triangle for many years, I first encountered Quinoa as an undergrad at Berkeley. It's really frightening how many hideous vegan restaurants are swarming through the area.

You know, I am all for nutritious and healthy. But if it doesn't taste good I am not going to eat it despite its billing as nutritious and healthy. I am probably less of a meat/fish/poultry eater than most of you not as a moral choice but just because my preferences have changed over the years. But I don't expect to ever become vegetarian 100% and certainly will never be vegan.

Does quinoa taste good?

Quinoa doesn't have much flavor on its own - it's just an ingredient, imo.

I've had some delicious dishes which featured it. One of my favorite restaurants has a Kale Quinoa salad, which despite my making fun of the concept, is incredibly delicious. It's dressed with shaved parmesan and toasted pumpkin seed - really quite yummy!

I actually enjoy some vegetarian and vegan cuisine - I just can't stand the self-absorbed ideology of the Twoo Beweevahs.
You might find it ironically amusing that many paleo recipes use vegetarian
/vegan side dishes

Happy New Year gallantwarrior. (((hugs))) ... btw do you remember seeing my feet?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Happy New Year backatcha! Those do look familiar. Call me if you get a chance.

Over the weekend I will!

Hey MeBelle. Good to see you here too. I've missed you.

Hi Foxy! Happy New Year!! Nice to see you also...it's been a very busy year! (((hugs)))

I don't know for certain, but I don't recall ever even tasting quinoa, much less ordering or buying something with quinoa in it.

Having lived in the Oakland-Berkeley-SF triangle for many years, I first encountered Quinoa as an undergrad at Berkeley. It's really frightening how many hideous vegan restaurants are swarming through the area.

You know, I am all for nutritious and healthy. But if it doesn't taste good I am not going to eat it despite its billing as nutritious and healthy. I am probably less of a meat/fish/poultry eater than most of you not as a moral choice but just because my preferences have changed over the years. But I don't expect to ever become vegetarian 100% and certainly will never be vegan.

Does quinoa taste good?

I've had some delicious dishes which featured it. One of my favorite restaurants has a Kale Quinoa salad, which despite my making fun of the concept, is incredibly delicious. It's dressed with shaved parmesan and toasted pumpkin seed - really quite yummy!

I actually enjoy some vegetarian and vegan cuisine - I just can't stand the self-absorbed ideology of the Twoo Beweevahs.

So is it a thickening or binding agent like flour? Or does it have some nutrition value more than other ingredients we more commonly have on hand? Otherwise, why feature it?

It's a high protein "grain". For people who don't eat meat, it is something that can be combined with other plants to create whole protein. I'm in no way a vegetarian, but I like a balanced, healthy diet with fresh ingredients. Sometimes, I just feel like a vegetable salad for dinner (i.e. the kale and quinoa) - such a combination is healthier than iceberg lettuce!

It's also used as a base ingredient (or co-ingredient) in making gluten-free pasta, for those of us who know what wheat can do to us yet still love our pasta.

It's damn expensive though. Usually I get the rice-based pasta.

So I had to share this somewhere --- I was injured this morning by ......... wait for it....

Hobbes.

I've been hobbled for several weeks with some kind of muscle pull in my left leg that has me walking unnaturally. It's almost healed by now. Or was, until this AM, when I was ambling out to the car and Hobbes, as he often does, jumped out to pounce on me. As I have trained him. But he was heading literally straight for where my foot was about to land so I took a sudden evasive maneuver, twisting my left knee and going down in a yelping heap. It was very painful. Hobbes just ran away in search of the next bug.

Bowled over by a cat. I take the shame.

Does quinoa taste good?

So is it a thickening or binding agent like flour? Or does it have some nutrition value more than other ingredients we more commonly have on hand? Otherwise, why feature it?

It's a high protein "grain". For people who don't eat meat, it is something that can be combined with other plants to create whole protein. I'm in no way a vegetarian, but I like a balanced, healthy diet with fresh ingredients. Sometimes, I just feel like a vegetable salad for dinner (i.e. the kale and quinoa) - such a combination is healthier than iceberg lettuce!

It's also used as a base ingredient (or co-ingredient) in making gluten-free pasta, for those of us who know what wheat can do to us yet still love our pasta.

I avoid rice - especially white rice. And I don't have pasta or bread very often - so when I do, I want the real stuff.

Does quinoa taste good?

Well I may have to look into it. I don't have a gluten intolerance but cook for a lot of folks who do, so I'm always looking for good alternatives. And happy to see you too Pogo. :)

Does quinoa taste good?

I avoid rice - especially white rice. And I don't have pasta or bread very often - so when I do, I want the real stuff.

We eat a lot of rice and other grains. I can live without pasta or bread, but have folks who eat at our table regularly (including Hombre) who consider a meal without bread an unpardonable sin. So like I told Pogo, I'm always interested in good alternatives for those who can't have ordinary wheat products.

So I had to share this somewhere --- I was injured this morning by ......... wait for it....

Hobbes.

I've been hobbled for several weeks with some kind of muscle pull in my left leg that has me walking unnaturally. It's almost healed by now. Or was, until this AM, when I was ambling out to the car and Hobbes, as he often does, jumped out to pounce on me. As I have trained him. But he was heading literally straight for where my foot was about to land so I took a sudden evasive maneuver, twisting my left knee and going down in a yelping heap. It was very painful. Hobbes just ran away in search of the next bug.

Well sorry for your pain my friend, but I have it on good authority and speak from experience that few of us have escaped any form of injury from the furry friends who own us. At least I don't worry so much about you falling out of a tree trying to rescue him.

It is so FRELLING COLD in Oaklandtown today that my freshly made cappuccino is already luke warm.

Meh.

Props for the Farscape dialect usage. :)

I am so frelling gratified that you GROKked the reference!
And now you're channeling Valentine Michael Smith!

I had to look that name up. What do you know, that's a book I've read.....but it was long enough ago I didn't remember the name at all. :)

8427307-happy-new-year-written-in-the-sand-of-a-beach.jpg
Happy New Year Sherry

Hobbes.

Sudden evasive maneuvers are more a cat thing. Like when a hooman is about to step on us....

some shots of the sunset. while i was off this week redid one of the bathrooms. new tile floor, vanity, toilet and tub.

Attachments

• dec1.JPG
    dec1.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 35
  • dec2.JPG
    dec2.JPG
    120.5 KB · Views: 19
  • dec3.JPG
    dec3.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 54

Does quinoa taste good?

I do too, but wheat makes ya fat. Rice doesn't.

It is so FRELLING COLD in Oaklandtown today that my freshly made cappuccino is already luke warm.

Meh.

Props for the Farscape dialect usage. :)

I am so frelling gratified that you GROKked the reference!

While I grokked the meaning of the word, I didn't remember where it came from, drokk it!

*That might be a bit too obscure, although Dajjal might know it*

"Farscape"?

That's that thar metallic staircase up outside da winda, ain't it?

Yeah, it's pretty funny when someone who hasn't been around in months actually speaks to me.:lol: Thanks, Spoonie.:)
Sherry, you're always a favorite. Hope all is well

You're very kind, and I've always been a fan of your beautiful pics.:thup:
I took a few thousand of them over the summer. i could be boring you all to death lol

Forum List

Back