🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

USMB Coffee Shop IV

Oh, and this is all ESPN's fault. I don't have cable with ESPN, so I am missing the MSU v. Alabama game. Hence your pain and suffering here.

Well, I was rooting for MSU, but. . . .you sorta didn't really want to watch that game.

But you can still root for Michigan against Florida today? I think it is today. But since Sherry and WQ will no doubt be rooting for Florida I have to stay neutral until after the game. :)

Last edited:
And it is New Year's Day once again. And wishing good fortune, good health, joy, laughter, and love for all the denizens and friends of the Coffee Shop and USMB:

226408-Happy-New-Year-To-All-My-Friends.jpg

Well, they are always saying this causes cancer or that causes cancer, and then it doesn't, and the it does again. Our water, our food, our air. Something's gonna kill ya eventually! :lol: Might as well be a good meal!
I like my good meals to be organic
I like my good meals to be dead cows or pigs. If these genetisists really want to do something that will benefit mankind, they should genetically engineer a cow/pig. I could live on fillet mig bacon.

Well, they are always saying this causes cancer or that causes cancer, and then it doesn't, and the it does again. Our water, our food, our air. Something's gonna kill ya eventually! :lol: Might as well be a good meal!
I like my good meals to be dead cows or pigs. If these genetisists really want to do something that will benefit mankind, they should genetically engineer a cow/pig. I could live on fillet mig bacon.

I still enjoy both but my tastes have changed over the years, and given a choice I will usually choose fish, chicken, or turkey over red meat. Albertson's has been offering a smoked turkey breast in their deli section that is to die for. So good. . .

I still enjoy both but my tastes have changed over the years, and given a choice I will usually choose fish, chicken, or turkey over red meat. Albertson's has been offering a smoked turkey breast in their deli section that is to die for. So good. . .
I love turkey but rarely eat chicken except for my grandmother's battered chicken wings that I absolutely love. I eat very little finned fish but crayfish, shrimp lobster scallops cooked oysters... I would be quite happy with a diet of shell fish. (preferably with bacon involved)

I have to head back to Doc's to get set up for the Rose Bowl.
We packed the place for the cotton bowl. about 10, when the Crimson Tide left the field, we stowed the 135" screen and in 2 minuted we were rocking to The Jason Abel Project. Champagne on the house at midnight (a whole darned case...)

Oh, and this is all ESPN's fault. I don't have cable with ESPN, so I am missing the MSU v. Alabama game. Hence your pain and suffering here.

Well, I was rooting for MSU, but. . . .you sorta didn't really want to watch that game.
ROLL TIDE

They were indeed outstanding. And I will root for them to win the championship now.

I was hoping for more competition. Maybe a couple TDs in the 3rd quarter to hold interest.

As expected, right after the game, the band started their first set with Sweet Home, Alabama.

I think we have achieved Peak Quinoa.

I noticed a couple of years ago that trendy restaurants started serving dishes with quinoa as a featured ingredient (especially the ubiquitous Kale & Quinoa Salad!).

Last night, our the Chinese restaurant at which mr. boe and I dined served kale and quinoa dip. And now today I read that MCDONALDS is serving quinoa.

The latter is proof that we have achieved Peak Quinoa.

That is my theory, and I'm stickin' with it.

I noticed a couple of years ago that trendy restaurants started serving dishes with quinoa as a featured ingredient (especially the ubiquitous Kale & Quinoa Salad!).

Last night, our the Chinese restaurant at which mr. boe and I dined served kale and quinoa dip. And now today I read that MCDONALDS is serving quinoa.

Um, WTF is Quinoa? :dunno:

WTF is quinoa?

I was just reading about how unsentimental the younger 'millenial' general is when it comes to mementos, keepsakes, and stuff handed down. They are interested in keeping the collage of their sports medals or the stuff they created in gradeschool or boxes of old greeting cards, post cards, and letters. If it can't be stored digitally, they don't want that stuff or our hand me down heirloom furniture, crystal, china, and sterling. Also they aren't interested in owning and maintaining huge estates but enjoy living amongst 'where the action is' close to movies and restaurants and stores. Stuff their parents force on them generally wind up in thrift shops or the dump.

Me? Not having the stamina to be as active as I once was, I enjoy having the comforts of my home around me and I still hold onto stuff not because I particularly like it or it has any use, but strictly for the sentimental value.

But nothing stays the same and the culture changes and there is something to say for a simpler lifestyle too.

As Boomers shed their stuff, their offspring reject it

By the way, congratulations to grandpa Mr. H and I am really happy he and Avg Joe stopped by today. Everybody who has made the Coffee Shop what it has been over the years is important and it feels good when each and every one stops by to say hi or share a thought or catch us up on what's going on.

Forum List

Back