USMB Coffee Shop IV

My other comment, directed at Nosmo, was that I have a Mossberg 500 as well. If he has any questions, I may be of some help. I've had it for over 30 years, I guess.

aerial-photograph-of-woodstock.jpg
Just found this photo of us together, Peach.

View attachment 63083 Just found this photo of us together, Peach.

I could not tell much from your photo as to where my group was, so I went to aerial Woodstock photos and I finally found one with me in it.
I have been looking to see if any had me and my friends and after all this time I have found one. :)

PHO-09Aug11-173658.jpg

That is me on the lower left corner peaking around the guy who has his arms up in the dark jacket.
That is my friend Jim who drove us there next to me with the light blue shirt and red headband.

My Ithaca is actually a Norinco 1201, Chinese made Ithaca 37 clone. Yeah, yeah I know but I bought it years ago very cheap and had no idea at the time, was looking for an inexpensive combat configured shotgun.

ace58a3972bbe80ea4820155c81c48cf.jpg

I could not tell much from your photo as to where my group was, so I went to aerial Woodstock photos and I finally found one with me in it.
I have been looking to see if any had me and my friends and after all this time I have found one. :)

PHO-09Aug11-173658.jpg

That is me on the lower left corner peaking around the guy who has his arms up in the dark jacket.
That is my friend Jim who drove us there next to me with the light blue shirt and red headband.
Topless chick in the center?

PHO-09Aug11-173658.jpg

You wish!
I said lower left. :biggrin:

It's a Mossburg 500 something.

Thanks for the information. It was a treatise on the history of shotguns and fascinating!
A VERY brief, very incomplete history, thanks for not being bored....... :D

Here's a cleaning video specifically for a Mossberg 500, it's not as daunting as it might appear.

My guns, except for my carry gun and a rifle by the back door, are kept unloaded. They get a test fire or 2 or 10 and a thorough cleaning once a year and are kept (long guns) standing up with a lightly oiled rag loosely inserted in the barrel. This keeps dust and moisture from getting down the barrel. Never put anything tightly into a gun barrel. Could get very messy if you forget to take it out.

Mine is in a gun case upright in one of the new closets. This weekend I'll unload and clean it, if I can go step by step with Ringel's video.

I would fire a few rounds out of it, so you now what to expect from a 12 gauge before tear down and a thorough cleaning.
Additionally, consider keeping the weapon out of the case. Think about how long it would take you to arm yourself if you were woken up by the sound of your front door being breeched.

I did fire it a few times. And I think it's safer in the house if it's just a little more secured. Thanks for the advice!

PHO-09Aug11-173658.jpg

You wish!
That's a topless guy, I think :D

PHO-09Aug11-173658.jpg

You wish!
Is that you just to the right of the guy with the red bandanna?

A VERY brief, very incomplete history, thanks for not being bored....... :D

Here's a cleaning video specifically for a Mossberg 500, it's not as daunting as it might appear.

My guns, except for my carry gun and a rifle by the back door, are kept unloaded. They get a test fire or 2 or 10 and a thorough cleaning once a year and are kept (long guns) standing up with a lightly oiled rag loosely inserted in the barrel. This keeps dust and moisture from getting down the barrel. Never put anything tightly into a gun barrel. Could get very messy if you forget to take it out.

Mine is in a gun case upright in one of the new closets. This weekend I'll unload and clean it, if I can go step by step with Ringel's video.

I would fire a few rounds out of it, so you now what to expect from a 12 gauge before tear down and a thorough cleaning.
Additionally, consider keeping the weapon out of the case. Think about how long it would take you to arm yourself if you were woken up by the sound of your front door being breeched.

I did fire it a few times. And I think it's safer in the house if it's just a little more secured. Thanks for the advice!

I don't think you have to worry about Daisy.... If you want it in a case, then keep it in the case, but please practice getting it in hand and off safety until it becomes muscle memory. I tell you, I got bored standing 8 feet from a target and drawing my weapon and getting a shot off, but it came in handy by giving me enough time to see an empty hand. That practice saved a man's life.

I'm so tired of being tired. And thankfully, the roofers will be done. So one more day of 4hours of sleep, then I can go back to 6 hours if I'm lucky.

I also discovered that my joints do better in cold weather rather than warm weather. Ever since winter hit, I have been doing pretty good, joint wise. Now that its been in the 80's, I ache all over. I've been looking at rentals in Wyoming. If I can find something we can afford...then we have a place to focus on if the landlord ever asks for his house back.

Meanwhile...I find it harder to stay up to the wee hours like I have been doing. Just not enough sleep since the roof thing, so...I'm off to bed.
Nighters, coffee shoppers.

PHO-09Aug11-173658.jpg

You wish!

Yes

Happy Thursday everybody.

Hope all is well with everyone.

I have been pretty busy having to take care of hubby. His MS has kicked in pretty badly.
Yesterday is was his poor head, now it has moved down to his legs. :frown:
(snip)

I think I do remember you saying way back when that your hubby was dealing with MS, Peach, but sorry he's having this bad flare up. I have a family member and friends who are dealing with it, and have a sense of what you both are going through. Would you mind if I put you two on the vigil list?

No - but thank you, it will go back into remission eventually.
I use prayer when he has the really bad ones and is in the hospital. :)
Flair ups are often throughout the year. Mostly when the seasons change, then goes back into remission.
My problem is trying to keep him less inactive during them. :biggrin:
When he actually rests it goes back into remission quicker, than when he forces himself to walk during them.

Best wishes for a quick recovery! My mom is also very stubborn about getting rest.

PHO-09Aug11-173658.jpg

Awesome picture! I see you peaking out there in the corner! :)

PHO-09Aug11-173658.jpg

Awesome picture! I see you peaking out there in the corner! :)

Did you get a look at the outfit? :lmao:Light pink and blue collar.
If you think that's wild I had one even worse that was lime green and navy blue.
I loved the wild colors. So funny now.

PHO-09Aug11-173658.jpg

You wish!

Yes
Pretty close to what I saw in my head all these years.

Forum List

Back