USMB Coffee Shop IV

One acre of new fencing installed, weathered/damaged spots all patched up.
Garden soil mixed and cooking until April.
16 lambs ready for the auction.
Filled the first egg carton of the year.
Barn roof wind damage repaired.

Was gonna plant two Apple trees today, but since I slipped another disc in my back, I think I'll head on over to the urgent care clinic in a few hours instead...

View attachment 66460

Feel better! :)

Where has Peach been? I miss her daily funnies! :(

Happy Wednesday!

CciY6dgWEAEzCXc.jpg

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the concern.
Hubby is not doing so well right now and I have to do everything.
His legs are not working very well and he has a bladder infection. The Doc put him on penicillin for 5 days.
No real time to come in and type, but I am reading off and on when I do have some time outs. :)

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the concern.
His legs are not working very well and he has a bladder infection. The Doc put him on penicillin for 5 days.
No real time to come in and type, but I am reading off and on when I do have some time outs. :)

So sorry to hear that, Peach. I hope he recovers soon, and you do need time-outs too. :)

I ordered a new solid oak bookcase to replace the old particleboard that was starting to fall apart.
Here is what it looks like.
Contemporary 24"x 60" Oak Bookcase, Light - BCC246012L
I ordered it on Friday and got it yesterday afternoon.
It looks great in the hallway, being light oak it makes it look bigger. It's not a very big hallway.

Hubby decided to help and moved the old book shelf outside and promptly stepped off the cement front porch (2 ft. high from the grass ground) with the
bookshelf and then got mad at the bookshelf for falling apart after he landed on top of it. :lmao:
He wasn't hurt and got up and then started cursing at it as he picked up the pieces and threw them into the back of his truck.
Life is never dull here at the old peach homestead. :)

I ordered a new solid oak bookcase to replace the old particleboard that was starting to fall apart.
It looks great in the hallway, being light oak it makes it look bigger. It's not a very big hallway.

Hubby decided to help and moved the old book shelf outside and promptly stepped off the cement front porch (2 ft. high from the grass ground) with the
bookshelf and then got mad at the bookshelf for falling apart after he landed on top of it. :lmao:
He wasn't hurt and got up and then started cursing at it as he picked up the pieces and threw them into the back of his truck.
I had a much easier snafu yesterday morning. Opened the back slider curtains, as I do every morning, and the adjustable, sliding pole came apart dropping the curtains and curtain rings on the floor. Some bubble gum, paper clips and duck tape aught to do the trick............

One acre of new fencing installed, weathered/damaged spots all patched up.
Garden soil mixed and cooking until April.
16 lambs ready for the auction.
Filled the first egg carton of the year.
Barn roof wind damage repaired.

Was gonna plant two Apple trees today, but since I slipped another disc in my back, I think I'll head on over to the urgent care clinic in a few hours instead...

View attachment 66460

Oh ouch. We better put you in the bad back division on the vigil list. Hope you can get relief quickly.
You've been a busy fellow Six. But filled the first egg carton? It has been so long since we had chickens it never occurred to me that they didn't lay during the winter. Somehow I recall ours did. But can't be sure now as I was a kid at the time.

I had a much easier snafu yesterday morning. Opened the back slider curtains, as I do every morning, and the adjustable, sliding pole came apart dropping the curtains and curtain rings on the floor. Some bubble gum, paper clips and duck tape aught to do the trick............

Been there, done that. But I was naked and soaped up at the time and needed to finish my shower. Pretty big deal then.

It's so good to know somebody else's love of their life is a calm, cool headed, and rational being at such times. (cough) Mr. Peach and Hombre may have been separated at birth. :)

Hi Chris,
Thanks for the concern.

I hear that and send blessings and healing vibes for both you and the Mister.

OMG!! Who would have thought delivering a pizza would involve such effort. I ordered a small pepperoni pizza, well-done, over two hours ago. It finally arrived but turned out to be a large pizza with PINAPPLE on it!!! I'm a person who believes pineapple has no business on a pizza. Dealing with the pizza place, my sister, and the daughter on Skype, all at once! I am generally good at multi-tasking but this take the...pizza!

Lol! I love pineapple and bacon pizza.

The combo never occurred to me but I think I might like that too. I wonder if you can get it from Pizza Hut?

Oh by the way, the bookcase is really nice. Our el cheap particle board ones are still holding together though so I have no justification to replace them.

I still want to know what (or who) Dhara is adopting.
Four children who have been living with us since 11/1/13. Three girls, aged 7,10 and 12 and one boy aged 16.

Wow that's something Dhara. You are taking on a large family there but you must love those kids. Good for you.
I'm only taking on half the family. Three younger girls aged 3.4 and 5 are being adopted by another family in the county, and their two brothers, aged 9 and 14 are with their bio dad.

It's so good to know somebody else's love of their life is a calm, cool headed, and rational being at such times. (cough) Mr. Peach and Hombre may have been separated at birth. :)

I probably would have hurt myself kicking the broken dresser or throwing pieces around. :lol:

Gallantwarrior's birthday sneaking up on us yesterday reminded me. The new USMB software doesn't accommodate posting of birthdays like the old V-bulletin software did--I asked C_K about it. So for the Coffee Shop crowd, I have birthdays (day and month only - no years) for:

COFFEE SHOP BIRTHDAYS

Sherry
Daisy the Mutt
NosmoKing
gallantwarrior (just added)
Sfc Ollie
Dajjal
BigBlackDog
Spoonman
Ernie S.
ChrisL
Gracie
Peach174
Foxfyre
Montrovant
WelfareQueen
Kat

A couple of you have so far gently declined to provide such important date.

But any of the rest of you who are comfortable doing so, please post your birthdate - day and month only is asked for - or PM it to me so I can get you on the list.

Last edited:
Four children who have been living with us since 11/1/13. Three girls, aged 7,10 and 12 and one boy aged 16.

Wow that's something Dhara. You are taking on a large family there but you must love those kids. Good for you.
I'm only taking on half the family. Three younger girls aged 3.4 and 5 are being adopted by another family in the county, and their two brothers, aged 9 and 14 are with their bio dad.

Wow. It does seem a shame to have to split up the family that way though I can understand how it would be unfeasible for an adoptive family to take on all.

Wow. It does seem a shame to have to split up the family that way though I can understand how it would be unfeasible for an adoptive family to take on all.
They are at least in the same county. We see them all the time.

Forum List

Back