USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm almost afraid to ask you guys to caption this one. :)

12963586_1025989347486850_7770961325802023398_n.jpg
God I hate menopause......

I just back from urgent care. I have an allergic reaction to some insect bit. Shot of cortisone and taking benadrl now. I'm waiting for my kids to get home from school.

The weather is beautiful and I'm counting the many blessings I have in my life.

Wishing the best of all for all of you.

Hope you feel better soon.

I got done with work about an hour ago, and now I have to stay up because I have to take my car back to the shop. Something else is wrong with it and it's making funny noises. I'm starting to get really annoyed about it. I'm only a few months away from paying it off, and it's only 5 years old!! I was hoping to keep it for at least 2 more years after I paid it off because I don't want to have make car payments every darn month!!! It would be nice if I could get the car fixed and not keep having problem after problem! So, it's not worth it to go to bed now and only sleep for a couple of hours, so I have to stay awake and have the mechanic look at my car again. Hopefully he can fix it today and I can have my car back tonight. :mad: I'm so aggravated about car problems.

Lame. Sorry to hear about your car troubles.
It always seems to work that way. We paid off the Jeep last year and not a week later we had to purchase a new car b/c mine went to that big dealership in the sky. lol. It was fun not having a car payment for that week.
It helps, being a mechanic. My main commuter is a '87 Jeep Cherokee that runs great. But given the number of Jeeps, of all vintages, you see up here, I'm guessing they're a pretty good choice for long-lasting, robust stamina.

I got done with work about an hour ago, and now I have to stay up because I have to take my car back to the shop. Something else is wrong with it and it's making funny noises. I'm starting to get really annoyed about it. I'm only a few months away from paying it off, and it's only 5 years old!! I was hoping to keep it for at least 2 more years after I paid it off because I don't want to have make car payments every darn month!!! It would be nice if I could get the car fixed and not keep having problem after problem! So, it's not worth it to go to bed now and only sleep for a couple of hours, so I have to stay awake and have the mechanic look at my car again. Hopefully he can fix it today and I can have my car back tonight. :mad: I'm so aggravated about car problems.

It always seems to work that way. We paid off the Jeep last year and not a week later we had to purchase a new car b/c mine went to that big dealership in the sky. lol. It was fun not having a car payment for that week.
It helps, being a mechanic. My main commuter is a '87 Jeep Cherokee that runs great. But given the number of Jeeps, of all vintages, you see up here, I'm guessing they're a pretty good choice for long-lasting, robust stamina.

We have a two-door Sahara and we love it. Transformer! lol

I just heard a news report about a man in Leominster who was killed while cutting down a tree branch in a bucket truck. The man apparently wasn't wearing a harness and the branch hit the bucket, and the man fell out from 60 feet and was killed. That's scary to me because my son does that for a living. He not only works in a bucket but he also "spikes" up the trees when they can't reach it or get to it with the bucket. He's only 21, so he is still fearless. I'm going to text him right now and tell him that he'd better wear his harness and be careful!

It is scary when our kids have dangerous jobs (our son) or are the fearless types that aren't the most safety conscious (our daughter). But what are you going to do?
My son is Special Forces in the Army. Does that count as dangerous?

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk

We have a two-door Sahara and we love it. Transformer! lol
I liked my Subaru, and the Honda Civic I used to own. Neither is very good for towing a trailer full of hay or a stock trailer, so I tend to stick with my Dodge trucks for work and the Jeep was a gimme. Jeep's cheaper to run than the Dodge.

• Thanks
Reactions: mdk
Hello everyone, just checking back in to see if anybody still remembers me.
Howdy, Sheila!

Howdy, how're all y'all today?
I all am quite fine. Two new kids and more expected any time. I love when the kids come, they are too cute and add some frisk to the herd. The partner is waiting to find out when his surgery will be and I am playing nursemaid. That makes the world's worst patient paired with the world's worst nurse.
How are you doing?

Does anyone here watch Friday Night Tykes: Steel Country? This horror of a show was filmed in the county I was born and raised. I played football aganist everyone of these teams as kid and in high school.

I try to avoid those horror of shows. :)

Same here. The fact that it was filmed in my area has compelled me, though. I am wanted to see if much has changed since I played. Hint: it hasn't. lol

That's why I have suffered through so many episodes of "Breaking Bad". Despite its rave reviews, I find it a decidedly depressing show, but watch it for glimpses of Albuquerque where I live and where it was filmed.

My sister lent me the entire series of "breaking bad", and I enjoyed it. If you found it hard going I definitely cannot recommend the TV series of "Spartacus", as that is full of extreme violence. You see peoples heads cut off in camera. I don't know how they film such things, unless it is all computer graphics that are totally realistic.
I am following "game of thrones" and my sister is buying me series five for my birthday.
"Game of Thrones" can be pretty gory, too. I follow GofT and "Highlander". I like those costume dramas and fictions. I haven't seen "Breaking Bad", though. "Spartacus" was bloody as hell, I'll agree.

Howdy, Sheila!

I all am quite fine. Two new kids and more expected any time. I love when the kids come, they are too cute and add some frisk to the herd. The partner is waiting to find out when his surgery will be and I am playing nursemaid. That makes the world's worst patient paired with the world's worst nurse.
How are you doing?

Falling apart, but still here. Had surgery on my foot, ended up not being able to walk for two years, I finally get that all fixed and my hand acts up, had to have surgery on it the day before Thanksgiving. Still working on getting it better, though it will never be as it was, I have arthritis too and that isn't going away dog gone it. Good news.. hubby retired. We are celebrating our 35th anniversary in May by going on a cruise.

Does anyone here watch Friday Night Tykes: Steel Country? This horror of a show was filmed in the county I was born and raised. I played football aganist everyone of these teams as kid and in high school.

I try to avoid those horror of shows. :)

Same here. The fact that it was filmed in my area has compelled me, though. I am wanted to see if much has changed since I played. Hint: it hasn't. lol

That's why I have suffered through so many episodes of "Breaking Bad". Despite its rave reviews, I find it a decidedly depressing show, but watch it for glimpses of Albuquerque where I live and where it was filmed.

My sister lent me the entire series of "breaking bad", and I enjoyed it. If you found it hard going I definitely cannot recommend the TV series of "Spartacus", as that is full of extreme violence. You see peoples heads cut off in camera. I don't know how they film such things, unless it is all computer graphics that are totally realistic.
I am following "game of thrones" and my sister is buying me series five for my birthday.

No, I don't watch "Spartacus" or "Game of Thrones" because I know I would not enjoy them. I am to the stage of life that I seek things that make me smile, give me a lift, are inspiring or encouraging or just great escapism without all all the IMO unnecessary gratuitous sex and violence. Something like the movie "Speed" for instance that gives you all the thrill, sense of danger, excitement etc. of a mad bomber that wrecks and threatens deadly havoc, but there is no gratuitous gore or blood etc. I loved the movie "Armageddon" for the same reasons though I think their special effects were so drawn out and excessive as to be boring at times.

I am the kind of person who can watch Disney's "Cinderella" and just lose myself in the fairy tale I grew up with. I absolutely loved it.
Have you seen the new, updated version of "Cinderella"?

Howdy, Sheila!

How are you doing?

Falling apart, but still here. Had surgery on my foot, ended up not being able to walk for two years, I finally get that all fixed and my hand acts up, had to have surgery on it the day before Thanksgiving. Still working on getting it better, though it will never be as it was, I have arthritis too and that isn't going away dog gone it. Good news.. hubby retired. We are celebrating our 35th anniversary in May by going on a cruise.
Congratulations on the anniversary! 35 years with the same person? That's wonderful!
Getting older, and the "equipment" wearing out truly sucks. I sure feel my "long teeth" at times. At least a cruise is designed for folks to just relax and enjoy without necessarily indulging in excessive physical demonstrations.
Good to see you back in the CS.

Forum List

Back