USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm almost afraid to ask you guys to caption this one. :)

12963586_1025989347486850_7770961325802023398_n.jpg

You asked for it.

1282jl.jpg

Good morning everybody. The storm, such as it was, seems to have cleared the area for now. Most of it was well south of us anyway, which is why Ringel got more rain than we did, but every little bit helps. Finishing up my breakfast shake and then off to Sprouts for fresh produce and several other chores I have been putting off until it is feasible to put them off anymore. But all is well for now.

Hope everybody else is looking forward to a good Saturday.

A gal needs to be careful when she goes to one of those remote ATMs. This one never goes without her Smith & Wesson. Smith is on the left, and Wesson is on the right.

12472722_1023842347651863_5866418540536900456_n.jpg

Dammit, I want to play doom 4 when it is released, but the specifications keep rising. I would need a whole new computer with an I7 processor and 4 gig video card. I am just not going to buy a new computer to play one game.

Well I just stopped by to sign off and I'm still on my way to bed. So until tomorrow. . .

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Ringel for wellness, rest, healing, and extra strength,
Nosmo's mom,
Mrs. Ringel's knee,
Pogo's brother,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
For every happiness for Sherry and WQ,
Sherry’s Mom,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Gracie's eye surgery
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Nosmo's eye surgery,
Rod, GW's partner,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Spoonman, Freedombecki, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

And happy AgainSheila is off the 'light left on' list for now.

View attachment 70743

Foxy, you can take my brother off the list if you like. He's been up and around for some time.
Don't nuttin' keep him down. He's defiant that way.

Food for thought -- today's birthdays:

Hugh Hefner is 90 years old today. :ack-1:

Also Tom Lehrer is 88.

We just like to be silly sometimes. Welcome in!

Greeting! Pogo say this nice part USMB and I come for see.

I maybe express idea to get start. I like picture with these dogs above but I am not understand why is joke? Who is Smith or Wesson that make them dog funny?

"Smith and Wesson" is the name of a gun maker, so it refers to that. :)

We just like to be silly sometimes. Welcome in!

By way of introduction y'all ---- this is Tatyana, she arrived a few days ago and created an intro thread but it was late at night and some of our more callous members were less than welcoming and/or bent on bringing in politics, religion and so forth, which was challenging for her linguistic abilities as motivations can be subtle. Tatyana's just a nice girl who wants to work on learning English and not interested in politics or controversy (for now anyway). I suggested that rather than give up on USMB she might check in here for the simple and congenial conversation she needs.

Tatyana is a ballet dancer. I am delighted she didn't give up and checked in here. :)

I maybe express idea to get start. I like picture with these dogs above but I am not understand why is joke? Who is Smith or Wesson that make them dog funny?

Normally Foxfyre does this, but welcome to the Coffee Shop! Here is your first-timer's complementary beverage. :)

th-coffee-420x0.jpg

Is Foxy OK? I haven't been here in a while and I notice no signoff list posted last night.

Welcome Татьяна, but we need to figure out a way to type your name on our English keyboards. :) So sorry some of our countrymen treated you poorly. We have wonderful people here, but we also have some childish jerks. Hopefully we can explain our jokes in the Coffee Shop and you might be teased just a wee bit all in fun, but I pray nobody will ever be mean or cruel to others in the Coffee Shop. And no worries if you don't understand everything. I am impressed by anybody who can converse in two or more languages as most of us have trouble with just one. But thanks to Pogo for introducing you to us and again, welcome, welcome. Oh, and I love Ballet.

Your first timer's (in the Coffee Shop) complimentary beverage:

15814650524_e06b4b78c0_o.jpg

Good morning everybody. The storm, such as it was, seems to have cleared the area for now. Most of it was well south of us anyway, which is why Ringel got more rain than we did, but every little bit helps. Finishing up my breakfast shake and then off to Sprouts for fresh produce and several other chores I have been putting off until it is feasible to put them off anymore. But all is well for now.

Hope everybody else is looking forward to a good Saturday.
And we didn't get much rain.

Welcome! Like all languages there are nuance, subtleties and slang that can be difficult to translate so you'll have to bear with us (means, have patience with us).
Yes we do joke (banter) back and forth on occasion but in the coffee shop it's all in fun.
Again, welcome, hope you enjoy you visits. :thup:

Forum List

Back