USMB Coffee Shop IV

Today has been frustrating to say the least. Yesterday receive a note from the IRS that our tax return was missing a form 8962, Premium Tax Credit the at tax software apparently missed when I filed. Okay, download the pdf, print it out (with the instructions) then proceed to spend all morning trying (unsuccessfully so far) to convert it to plain understandable English.......... I have 20 days from the date on the letter to reply........ Not happy.

Bummer. I hate when that happens. The last 2 years I've been using H&R Block with no problems. But last year I bought software twice from TurboTax trying to get the form I needed without success and they may have lost a customer forever.

Have you tried this?
2015 Form IRS 8962 Fill Online, Printable, Fillable, Blank - PDFfiller

Today has been frustrating to say the least. Yesterday receive a note from the IRS that our tax return was missing a form 8962, Premium Tax Credit the at tax software apparently missed when I filed. Okay, download the pdf, print it out (with the instructions) then proceed to spend all morning trying (unsuccessfully so far) to convert it to plain understandable English.......... I have 20 days from the date on the letter to reply........ Not happy.

Bummer. I hate when that happens. The last 2 years I've been using H&R Block with no problems. But last year I bought software twice from TurboTax trying to get the form I needed without success and they may have lost a customer forever.

Have you tried this?
2015 Form IRS 8962 Fill Online, Printable, Fillable, Blank - PDFfiller
I still have the tax software, I'll redo it with the proper forms then send it back in. Fortunately I printed out the return, unfortunately I forgot to back up the digital copy so I'll have to reinput everything, not that big of a deal though.

Gulf Coast is your answer then, Chris. 9 or 10 month beach season and a pretty low cost of living. You can buy a great house for under $100,000 and pay $300/year property tax. My January heating bill was $110 and in August last year my electric bill was $140.

Ernie is going to have the entire Coffee Shop moving to the gulf coast. :)
I can use the customers

RkU6_quote_IMG_1654.JPG

Good morning everybody. Everyone must be sleeping in this morning.

We had our system changed over from heating to cooling yesterday after a week of really warm--high 70's, low 80's--temps. So of course today we will struggle to get to 70 and will be in the mid 60's tomorrow. It never fails. But it gives me a few more days to wear my fleece jackets that I like.

The coffee is hot and good, and it looks like a good day.

Well, we had some peeks of sunlight yesterday, then it clouded over again and today it's all cloudy again. :cry: I miss the sunlight!

This too shall pass Chris. Trust me. It may take hours, days, weeks, months. . . .(I'm kidding, I'm kidding). . .but it will pass.

It's a pretty safe bet you would be miserable in GW's Alaska though. And probably here though we have pretty close to 365 days of sunshine and plenty of warmth here, but it is a looooooooong way to any large body of water, let alone an ocean. And when you compare what you see when you look out your windows and the kind of terrain you see when you look out of windows here, well, it is an acquired taste and takes some getting used to.

Well, we had some peeks of sunlight yesterday, then it clouded over again and today it's all cloudy again. :cry: I miss the sunlight!

This too shall pass Chris. Trust me. It may take hours, days, weeks, months. . . .(I'm kidding, I'm kidding). . .but it will pass.

It's a pretty safe bet you would be miserable in GW's Alaska though. And probably here though we have pretty close to 365 days of sunshine and plenty of warmth here, but it is a looooooooong way to any large body of water, let alone an ocean. And when you compare what you see when you look out your windows and the kind of terrain you see when you look out of windows here, well, it is an acquired taste and takes some getting used to.

It's supposed to be nice on Monday. :) I would never live in Alaska. Lol. I would visit but would never want to live there. Too cold for me!

Well, not a great game for the little one. She gave up a goal when she played goalie and the team lost 4-1. However, there is apparently going to be one more game, another makeup game because of a previous cancellation. So still one more chance to end with a win!

I just realized that I forgot to post this on May 4:

HAPPY SIXTH BIRTHDAY TO THE COFFEE SHOP
The original USMB Coffee Shop opened on 5-4-2010 and acquired 80,455 posts and 3,285,729 views before it closed on 7-30-13.

USMB Coffee Shop II opened on 7-30-13 and acquired 25,935 posts and 486,351 views before it closed on 4-14-14.

USMB Coffee Shop III opened on 4-15-14 and closed on 5-15-14 with 2,803 posts and 32,229 views.

Versions 1, 2, and 3 acquired about another 100,000 views after they were closed and before they were deleted and sent into oblivion.

USMB Coffee Shop IV opened on 5-15-14 and has acquired 33,993 posts and 698643 views.

That is a total of 143,186 posts and 4,502,952 views since the Coffee Shop opened on May 4, 2010.

A total of roughly 423 USMB members have made at least one post in the Coffee Shop. (I say roughly because there are a few who changed names sometime during the six years and may be registered twice, but there are probably not even as many as ten of those.)

Long live the Coffee Shop.

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Gracie's eye surgery and stop smoking project,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

upload_2016-5-7_20-38-14.png

It is Mother's Day and it has been really run reading Facebook today. Everybody waxes nostalgic on Mother's Day like on no other. Motherhood is one of the most demanding, frustrating, exasperating, terrifying, exhausting jobs on the face of the planet, and absolutely the most rewarding that I imagine none of us mothers would have missed for the world. And of course motherhood wouldn't be possible without the dads.

Happy Mother's Day all.

Forum List

Back