USMB Coffee Shop IV

I've got a pretty good idea what the 'unwanted side effects' of Metamucil might be. If you've ever watched a documentary about WWII and 'buzz bombs' the dreaded V-1 rockets that plagued England during the war, you might have a good idea of the 'unwanted side effects' I've been having. Those buzz bombs would fly across the channel and onto English soil all the while emitting a throbbing pulsing buzz sound. When the sound stopped, the bomb would plummet to the ground and explode.

Well, after eating a heaping bowl of Rice krispies augmented with a handful of dried cranberries, I tend to pass wind. A long throbbing, pulsing buzzing sound followed by silence and culminating in an explosion, of sorts. I gotta get a cheeseburger every now and then.

Meanwhile, on our walk on Sunday afternoon, Daisy and I experienced a small slice of unpleasantness. Daisy was playing with a couple of kids, rolling over, sitting up and begging and I had her perform her 'stick 'em up! BANG!' trick. The little girls squealed with delight and begged their mother to let them pet her.

Along came an obviously overfed hillbilly wearing a Duck Dynasty t-shirt and a dirty leather hat. He had two small boys of his own. Daisy frolicked up to them ready, willing and able to perform for them as well. That's when the brute put out his Brogine clad foot and kicked her away!

"You don't have to kick my dog!" I said.

"That dog does not get around my kids!" answered Li'l Abner.

"That dog is not going to bite your kids" I said "She just wants to play and charm them."

"Kids first and dogs last!" came his reply.

I wonder how one feels kicking a 13 pound miniature poodle. Does it make you feel more manly? More mature? And I wonder if he thinks it's fun to kick little dogs?

I should have kicked him in the jewels just to experience the sensation of kicking something for myself.

After he waddled away, the mother of the kids Daisy had been playing with said, in a loud and confident voice, "Sir, We love your dog!"

I've got a pretty good idea what the 'unwanted side effects' of Metamucil might be. If you've ever watched a documentary about WWII and 'buzz bombs' the dreaded V-1 rockets that plagued England during the war, you might have a good idea of the 'unwanted side effects' I've been having. Those buzz bombs would fly across the channel and onto English soil all the while emitting a throbbing pulsing buzz sound. When the sound stopped, the bomb would plummet to the ground and explode.

Well, after eating a heaping bowl of Rice krispies augmented with a handful of dried cranberries, I tend to pass wind. A long throbbing, pulsing buzzing sound followed by silence and culminating in an explosion, of sorts. I gotta get a cheeseburger every now and then.

Meanwhile, on our walk on Sunday afternoon, Daisy and I experienced a small slice of unpleasantness. Daisy was playing with a couple of kids, rolling over, sitting up and begging and I had her perform her 'stick 'em up! BANG!' trick. The little girls squealed with delight and begged their mother to let them pet her.

Along came an obviously overfed hillbilly wearing a Duck Dynasty t-shirt and a dirty leather hat. He had two small boys of his own. Daisy frolicked up to them ready, willing and able to perform for them as well. That's when the brute put out his Brogine clad foot and kicked her away!

"You don't have to kick my dog!" I said.

"That dog does not get around my kids!" answered Li'l Abner.

"That dog is not going to bite your kids" I said "She just wants to play and charm them."

"Kids first and dogs last!" came his reply.

I wonder how one feels kicking a 13 pound miniature poodle. Does it make you feel more manly? More mature? And I wonder if he thinks it's fun to kick little dogs?

I should have kicked him in the jewels just to experience the sensation of kicking something for myself.

After he waddled away, the mother of the kids Daisy had been playing with said, in a loud and confident voice, "Sir, We love your dog!"

I admire your restraint in how you dealt with a no class type kicking your dog. I'm not sure I would have been as civilized.

image.jpeg

Not yet, will do that tonight.
Saturday was another road trip up to Alamogordo, then home. Was busy with stuff around the house then made the mistake of taking my Metamucil and eating a bunch of carbs immediately afterwards........ That's a mistake I won't make again....... Pretty much was incapacitated the rest of the night.

Oh dear. I almost hit the 'funny' button and then thought that really would not be appropriate.

I went ahead and hit the funny button. :p

I have a bunch of problems with my digestive system, I feel fine laughing at belly problems (when they aren't my own). :lol:

Yeah, but you have this mean streak in an unmean sort of way.
It's okay, it wasn't funny at the time but the way I presented it was supposed to be funny....... :D
Metamucil is basically ground psyllium husks, add to water and swallow. In the stomach it expands to a gelatinous mass, carbs also have a tendency to expand in the stomach........ Mix the two and the result was a severely distended stomach causing a very uncomfortable stomach ache, very uncomfortable. Live and learn....... :lol:
Not yet, will do that tonight.
Saturday was another road trip up to Alamogordo, then home. Was busy with stuff around the house then made the mistake of taking my Metamucil and eating a bunch of carbs immediately afterwards........ That's a mistake I won't make again....... Pretty much was incapacitated the rest of the night.

Oh dear. I almost hit the 'funny' button and then thought that really would not be appropriate.

I have a bunch of problems with my digestive system, I feel fine laughing at belly problems (when they aren't my own). :lol:

It's okay, it wasn't funny at the time but the way I presented it was supposed to be funny....... :D
Metamucil is basically ground psyllium husks, add to water and swallow. In the stomach it expands to a gelatinous mass, carbs also have a tendency to expand in the stomach........ Mix the two and the result was a severely distended stomach causing a very uncomfortable stomach ache, very uncomfortable. Live and learn....... :lol:

I recommend the ground flax seed I add to my breakfast shake every morning. Loaded with all the omega fatty acids, especially Omega 3. And because it is extremely high fiber, it provides all the benefits of Metamucil without the unwanted side effects. Of course the Omega fatty acids boost health in general and have been proven to lower cholesterol and relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis, RA, and other autoimmune uglies.

I do recommend buying the whole seeds--you can get them pretty cheap on Amazon--and grinding what you will consume fresh just before consuming them for maximum health benefit. I just throw a couple of tablespoons of whole seeds into my coffee grinder and it fluffs them up in a hurry. Then the ground flaxseed can be mixed with cereal, oatmeal, or just about anything without altering the taste or texture. They have a very faint nutty taste and they are sooooo good for folks.

And like with any other high fiber product, it is important to drink plenty of water.
Water? What's that?

I recommend the ground flax seed I add to my breakfast shake every morning. Loaded with all the omega fatty acids, especially Omega 3. And because it is extremely high fiber, it provides all the benefits of Metamucil without the unwanted side effects. Of course the Omega fatty acids boost health in general and have been proven to lower cholesterol and relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis, RA, and other autoimmune uglies.

I do recommend buying the whole seeds--you can get them pretty cheap on Amazon--and grinding what you will consume fresh just before consuming them for maximum health benefit. I just throw a couple of tablespoons of whole seeds into my coffee grinder and it fluffs them up in a hurry. Then the ground flaxseed can be mixed with cereal, oatmeal, or just about anything without altering the taste or texture. They have a very faint nutty taste and they are sooooo good for folks.

And like with any other high fiber product, it is important to drink plenty of water.
Water? What's that?
Water, when added to malted barley, eventually becomes scotch.

Water? What's that?
I hate scotch.........

Water? What's that?
I hate scotch.........
image.jpeg

Water? What's that?
I hate scotch.........
Good! More for me.

Water? What's that?
I hate scotch.........
View attachment 74266
In my case it's where's the rumps........

Oh there they are........

537306_10200678495798391_1949181053_n.jpg

Water? What's that?
I hate scotch.........
View attachment 74266

Drink enough rum you will see that double.

Water? What's that?
I hate scotch.........
View attachment 74266

Drink enough rum you will see that double.
For me that would probably be one glass...... I quit drinking alcohol decades ago.

Water? What's that?
True. Water should always be processed through some type of grain in order to ensure that all the fish pee flavor has been eliminated.

Water? What's that?
I hate scotch.........
That's OK...leaves more for the rest of us who appreciate the finer things in life.

Greetings!
Beautiful here. Temperatures are staying around high 40s to mid 50s. I even rained a little be today. We've needed rain, it's been bone dry so far this year.
The last two kids were born a couple of nights ago. The larger of the two didn't make it, but the survivor is about as cute as imaginable. She's all black with long ears sticking straight out from her head.

Water? What's that?
True. Water should always be processed through some type of grain in order to ensure that all the fish pee flavor has been eliminated.
It would be best if that water, added to malted barley, were stored for a number of years in oaken barrels. I believe 12 years might eliminate any contaminates, but if one might hold those barrels for say 20 years, the effect should be spectacular.

Forum List

Back