USMB Coffee Shop IV

It's okay, it wasn't funny at the time but the way I presented it was supposed to be funny....... :D
Metamucil is basically ground psyllium husks, add to water and swallow. In the stomach it expands to a gelatinous mass, carbs also have a tendency to expand in the stomach........ Mix the two and the result was a severely distended stomach causing a very uncomfortable stomach ache, very uncomfortable. Live and learn....... :lol:
It's okay, it wasn't funny at the time but the way I presented it was supposed to be funny....... :D
Metamucil is basically ground psyllium husks, add to water and swallow. In the stomach it expands to a gelatinous mass, carbs also have a tendency to expand in the stomach........ Mix the two and the result was a severely distended stomach causing a very uncomfortable stomach ache, very uncomfortable. Live and learn....... :lol:

I recommend the ground flax seed I add to my breakfast shake every morning. Loaded with all the omega fatty acids, especially Omega 3. And because it is extremely high fiber, it provides all the benefits of Metamucil without the unwanted side effects. Of course the Omega fatty acids boost health in general and have been proven to lower cholesterol and relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis, RA, and other autoimmune uglies.

I do recommend buying the whole seeds--you can get them pretty cheap on Amazon--and grinding what you will consume fresh just before consuming them for maximum health benefit. I just throw a couple of tablespoons of whole seeds into my coffee grinder and it fluffs them up in a hurry. Then the ground flaxseed can be mixed with cereal, oatmeal, or just about anything without altering the taste or texture. They have a very faint nutty taste and they are sooooo good for folks.

And like with any other high fiber product, it is important to drink plenty of water.
Water? What's that?
Water, when added to malted barley, eventually becomes scotch.
I hate scotch.........
That's OK...leaves more for the rest of us who appreciate the finer things in life.
Like Scuzweiser............ the champaign of trailer trash.........? :eusa_whistle:

:D

How about a nice bottle of Domaine Coche-Dury Corton-Charlemagne.........

The war of the fences continues. First, the goats tore themselves holes in the existing fences. They walked through them like the didn't exist. I had ordered some electrified netting but it hadn't arrived yet, so I strung 100' of chainlink along the front fence. The next day, the electric stuff arrived. I put that up along the back fence. Danged goats learned to respect that barrier pretty quickly.
The partner is healing well and is spending more time at his place now. With the semester over, I'll have time to catch up some of my postponed projects. Maybe I'll finally get the finishing touches on the over-sized cribbage board I'm building for my buddy's birthday. That and the wine rack have been hanging around for way too long.

Dallas Stars win game six tonight to force game seven wednesday GO STARS.
images

I recommend the ground flax seed I add to my breakfast shake every morning. Loaded with all the omega fatty acids, especially Omega 3. And because it is extremely high fiber, it provides all the benefits of Metamucil without the unwanted side effects. Of course the Omega fatty acids boost health in general and have been proven to lower cholesterol and relieve symptoms of osteoarthritis, RA, and other autoimmune uglies.

I do recommend buying the whole seeds--you can get them pretty cheap on Amazon--and grinding what you will consume fresh just before consuming them for maximum health benefit. I just throw a couple of tablespoons of whole seeds into my coffee grinder and it fluffs them up in a hurry. Then the ground flaxseed can be mixed with cereal, oatmeal, or just about anything without altering the taste or texture. They have a very faint nutty taste and they are sooooo good for folks.

And like with any other high fiber product, it is important to drink plenty of water.
Water? What's that?
Water, when added to malted barley, eventually becomes scotch.
I hate scotch.........
View attachment 74266
In my case it's where's the rumps........

Oh there they are........

537306_10200678495798391_1949181053_n.jpg
Too many choices!

I've got a pretty good idea what the 'unwanted side effects' of Metamucil might be. If you've ever watched a documentary about WWII and 'buzz bombs' the dreaded V-1 rockets that plagued England during the war, you might have a good idea of the 'unwanted side effects' I've been having. Those buzz bombs would fly across the channel and onto English soil all the while emitting a throbbing pulsing buzz sound. When the sound stopped, the bomb would plummet to the ground and explode.

Well, after eating a heaping bowl of Rice krispies augmented with a handful of dried cranberries, I tend to pass wind. A long throbbing, pulsing buzzing sound followed by silence and culminating in an explosion, of sorts. I gotta get a cheeseburger every now and then.

Meanwhile, on our walk on Sunday afternoon, Daisy and I experienced a small slice of unpleasantness. Daisy was playing with a couple of kids, rolling over, sitting up and begging and I had her perform her 'stick 'em up! BANG!' trick. The little girls squealed with delight and begged their mother to let them pet her.

Along came an obviously overfed hillbilly wearing a Duck Dynasty t-shirt and a dirty leather hat. He had two small boys of his own. Daisy frolicked up to them ready, willing and able to perform for them as well. That's when the brute put out his Brogine clad foot and kicked her away!

"You don't have to kick my dog!" I said.

"That dog does not get around my kids!" answered Li'l Abner.

"That dog is not going to bite your kids" I said "She just wants to play and charm them."

"Kids first and dogs last!" came his reply.

I wonder how one feels kicking a 13 pound miniature poodle. Does it make you feel more manly? More mature? And I wonder if he thinks it's fun to kick little dogs?

I should have kicked him in the jewels just to experience the sensation of kicking something for myself.

After he waddled away, the mother of the kids Daisy had been playing with said, in a loud and confident voice, "Sir, We love your dog!"
Anyone kicks my dog does not get words. They get a foot in their ass, even though it is a fragile foot. And if that doesn't work out, I have my walking stick. And no, I don't care if I go to jail. Fucker that hurts or kicks my dog is going to be hurting when I get done.

Good morning everybody. Send me some reinforcing vibes today. I am MCing our Senior Saints luncheon and it is on me to explain to them that they are 'too old' to attract new retirees to the group and we need to change our name to remove all vestiges of ageism and redirect our focus and ministry. Sixty is indeed the new 40 and most senior citizens don't see themselves as senior citizens and don't want to be thought of as senior citizens. (We do like the very few perks that come with it of course.)

I don't envy me this task.

Good morning everybody. Send me some reinforcing vibes today. I am MCing our Senior Saints luncheon and it is on me to explain to them that they are 'too old' to attract new retirees to the group and we need to change our name to remove all vestiges of ageism and redirect our focus and ministry. Sixty is indeed the new 40 and most senior citizens don't see themselves as senior citizens and don't want to be thought of as senior citizens. (We do like the very few perks that come with it of course.)

I don't envy me this task.
Nope, you're not going to be very popular today........ You have my sympathies and my prayers. :thup:

Trying to start some new paintings, but I have forgotten all the rules of perspective. I have not done any paintings for over five years so it's not surprising. I want to do a five foot high picture of the inside of a cathedral with tiled flooring. But I cannot remember how to get the position of the vanishing points to make the tiles. I used to know how to do it as the picture below shows.
$Gothic-nightmares.jpg
I photographed it before it was finished. In the finished picture all the windows had stained glass in them.

Send me some reinforcing vibes today

I cannna do no vibes no more
My vibes are busted ! I used to do vibes, but they seem to have drained away as part of the ageing process.

Dajjal put his vibes in his mattress... :up:

What a talent you have sir... Your paintings are beautiful... Hopefully you feel blessed to have such a marvelous eye and steady hand.

So back from the Senior Saints luncheon and ya'll must have sent some kind of vibes my way because it went great. We had a great group, great food, and my presentation was well received. And now I don't have to worry about it any more until at least fall. So on with the week. . .

Trying to start some new paintings, but I have forgotten all the rules of perspective. I have not done any paintings for over five years so it's not surprising. I want to do a five foot high picture of the inside of a cathedral with tiled flooring. But I cannot remember how to get the position of the vanishing points to make the tiles. I used to know how to do it as the picture below shows.
View attachment 74355 I photographed it before it was finished. In the finished picture all the windows had stained glass in them.
35-Fluchtpunkt-Zimmer-1.jpg

UVA_Vanishing_Point-0291.jpg

It's been a long while since I commented here last, so I'll update you. Two weeks ago I was diagnosed with high cholesterol, and am currently waiting to discuss dietary options with my General Physician. Perhaps people have noticed a change in my behavior on this board since then, well it kinda hit me hard. But I know it was due to my negligence and no other. Some of my behavior has been... inexcusable.

On the upside, I have dropped 10 pounds since then. I'm taking something called "Apple Cider Vinegar" pills in an effort to help cut the weight. I'm starting dead lifts beginning at 40 lbs and working my way up to hopefully 150 in six months. I'm about to start taking 1 mile walks at least twice weekly.

Well, I hope all of you had a good day today. See ya.

Forum List

Back