USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning folks

Bottom's up :coffee:

View attachment 77196

Where I live used to be a farming community years and years ago. I have a hard time just finding a fruit and veggie stand around here now. Even when I was growing up, my town was much more rural. It was a very small town when I was a kid and now it's big enough to be considered a city. Kind of sucks actually. I miss the small town feel.

Chris glad to hear you had a relaxing time...

I did. I just wish the weather was a bit better. Monday and Tuesday were awesome. Tuesday night we had some T storms and it cooled down a lot. Wednesday was okay at the beach because it's pretty hot at the beach, so it was like in the 70s and that was kind of nice. Yesterday was a bit chilly on the beach and today was even colder. Only got rain Tuesday night though, so I can't complain. All in all, I had a really good time and got to hang out with some really nice people. :)

Haven't had the money or energy to keep up with keeping the pool as clean as I should, pool chemicals ain't cheap so I have green, yellow and black algae. Yesterday hit it with PH reducer, the PH was through the roof, last night I picked up the rest of what I needed, just finished brushing the pool, backwashing and rinsing it. When I finished brushing it the water was a lovely shade of green....... Added double the chlorine and in about an hour I'll vacuum it, rebackwash and rinse plus the PH is creeping back up so I'll have to add some more reducer. Later I'll have to look to buying a phosphate treatment as I'm betting the phosphate level is high which tends to negate the effects of the chlorine, feed the algae and raise the PH levels.

You were this close to biofuel...
Soylent Green is people!:eek-52:

Well, it wore me out, but I finished the damn dresser. Yes, birds again. They sell. So why change a known money maker?

2d7ykj9.jpg

I was so worn out today and yesterday, that I couldn't do leaves...so I used a fan brush dipped in orange and yellow for "blossoms". Just dab, and yer done.

Two more to go now. I don't think I have it in me to do the highboy. This one about killed me, so I can imagine how I will feel with a highboy.
That's beautiful, Gracie. I wish I were closer, I'd love to come pick up some of your work!

Put a new batch of mead into the primary fermenter yesterday. Before I pitched the yeast, I measured the sugar content with the hydrometer. If the scales are correct (and they are, I checked), I should end up with a pyment (mead made with grapes for flavor) with a finished alcohol content of between 20% and 22%. Dat's gonna be some azz-kickin' good hootch!
Got our first hay of the year in. The trailer-load is under tarps for now and I have to go unload and stack the hay on the truck. It looks like rain, so I'd better pull my head out and get busy. So much to do, so little time or energy!

Got our first hay of the year in. The trailer-load is under tarps for now and I have to go unload and stack the hay on the truck. It looks like rain, so I'd better pull my head out and get busy. So much to do, so little time or energy!

First cuttin'...
My back hurts and leg cramps for sure tonite,,,

clover?
fescue?
fireweed?
alfalfa?

First cuttin'...
My back hurts and leg cramps for sure tonite,,,

clover?
fescue?
fireweed?
alfalfa?
We're too acidic for alfalfa. Mostly timothy or brome, or with luck, orchard grass. The current crop is green, leafy, and smells like heaven. Whenever possible, we pick it up fresh from the field. I'm about as pleased as I can be that at my age I can still stack a couple of tons of "grass".

Last week I picked up a store made pound cake, yup, waaaaaaay too sweet. Found a recipe online for a cream cheese/almond meal pound cake, it's in the oven now, hope it turns out good. :thup:

Last week I picked up a store made pound cake, yup, waaaaaaay too sweet. Found a recipe online for a cream cheese/almond meal pound cake, it's in the oven now, hope it turns out good. :thup:

Sweet stuff is good!
It came out pretty good but if you like sweet the recipe only calls for 1/4 cup sugar and even my wife and I think it needs a little more. We'd put in maybe 1/3 cup, the typical American who only likes the taste of flavored sugar would probably use 3/4 to 1 cup.

Sweet stuff is good!
It came out pretty good but if you like sweet the recipe only calls for 1/4 cup sugar and even my wife and I think it needs a little more. We'd put in maybe 1/3 cup, the typical American who only likes the taste of flavored sugar would probably use 3/4 to 1 cup.

I do like sweet stuff, as long as it's in moderation. I get sick of it sometimes and then switch to salty stuff.

Forum List

Back