USMB Coffee Shop IV

I tried a raw oyster once when I was 20....... Like swallowing a massive wad of snot. I almost blew my groceries.

I don't eat anything I can eat without swallowing.

What about Jello?

You have to swallow Jello. But that raw oyster, it just slides right down without any effort from me. Not for me thanks.

I've never tried oysters. I was guessing that Jello might be similar. :p

Yesterday we hit the upper 90s, by the time the sun went down t-storms moved through and dropped the temp down to 89, at that temp with the strong breeze we shut off the swamp coolers and were quite comfortable........ From today through Friday it's supposed to hit the low 100s.

Okay, I gotta say, this mead GW gave me is strong...one glass and I feel, well, I wouldn't drive like this.....Thanks GW, this is great stuff.

And you got it through customs? Oh wait, you probably didn't stop over in Canada since you cruised both ways.

I went to one of my seven year old grandnephew's baseball games yesterday. I had a couple thoughts spring to mind. First, I was impressed by the energy of these kids! Boundless, limitless energy in everything they did. So much human energy that I swear I could see it radiating from them like shimmering cosmic rays. They run EVERYWHERE! I, by comparison, meander everywhere. If the building caught fire, I would stroll from the scene.

The ball attracts kids as moths to a porch light. A shallow pop fly to left field drew the left fielder,the third baseman, the center fielder, the short stop, the second baseman, the right fielder. No body got under it to make the catch, but the team made an effort.

Once a ball is released to the team taking the field between innings, everyone wants it thrown to them. "Aiden! Jhett! Connor! Maddox! Cooper!" Everyone called for the ball to be thrown their way. And these are first names. Not a Dan or a Dave or a Jim or a Jeff among them. Hell, for all I know, there might have been a kid named Listerine or Ajax on the diamond.

The opposing team was sponsored by a local chain of conveinence stores. Sheetz. Before they left the dugout, I could hear the team shout "One! Two! Three! Sheetz!" I wonder what the team sponsored by Steinberg and Steinberg Financial Services L.L.C. shouts?

But above all else was fun. Giggles of glee, laughs of pure delight. They were having fun, alright. And while they cannot completely shed all that energy, they were doing their level best not to conserve it.

I mentioned the verve of the players to my sister-in-law who gently reminded me that I have over fifty years on those kids. Ah! Youth! Why hast thou forsaken me?

Last edited:
Okay, I gotta say, this mead GW gave me is strong...one glass and I feel, well, I wouldn't drive like this.....Thanks GW, this is great stuff.
Oh, did I tell you that the mead a strong-ish, Sheila? (Depending on what it's made with, my mead runs between 9% and 14% alcohol content.) Good thing about it, though, no hangover! Which version have you tried?

Oh, did I tell you that the mead a strong-ish, Sheila? (Depending on what it's made with, my mead runs between 9% and 14% alcohol content.) Good thing about it, though, no hangover! Which version have you tried?

The Strawberry....

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Gracie's fur friend Karma,
Mr. And Mrs. Gracie in difficult transition
Gracie's eye surgery and stop smoking project,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

View from the top of Magazine Mountain, highest point in Arkansas where Foxfyre and Hombre will be for the next several days.

upload_2016-6-8_23-50-32.png

Morning all. Hombre and I are off to Texas so I won't be on much today if at all. Will try to check in one more time before we leave for Arkansas. I seriously doubt I will have access to Wi-Fi there so may be off the grid for a few days but never fear. I'm fine. And will appreciate all of you holding the fort here.

Morning all. Hombre and I are off to Texas so I won't be on much today if at all. Will try to check in one more time before we leave for Arkansas. I seriously doubt I will have access to Wi-Fi there so may be off the grid for a few days but never fear. I'm fine. And will appreciate all of you holding the fort here.
Ar kansas? Wifi? I think they're still using pony express......... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back