USMB Coffee Shop IV

Tomorrow we have a guy coming to give us an estimate for a new high end central air and heating unit with installation.
Our old swamp cooler does not work very well at all.
We are figuring on around 10,000.00 or so. We will know for certain by tomorrow afternoon when he comes by.
This is going to be nice having a air conditioner because the swamp cooler does not work well at all in the rain. :)

Tomorrow we have a guy coming to give us an estimate for a new high end central air and heating unit with installation.
We are figuring on around 10,000.00 or so. We will know for certain by tomorrow afternoon when he comes by.
This is going to be nice having a air conditioner because the swamp cooler does not work well at all in the rain. :)

We love our Master Cool that is a high end swamp cooler. But it would be nice to have both furnace and a/c during the transition months between winter and summer--with our system you have to shut down one when the other is fired up for service.

For sure refrigerated air has some benefits over the swamp cooler, but we sure don't miss the $200+ electric bills we had in Kansas. Even our oversize Master Cool only uses $25 to $50 max per month of electricity even when it is running at maximum.

We love our Master Cool that is a high end swamp cooler. But it would be nice to have both furnace and a/c during the transition months between winter and summer--with our system you have to shut down one when the other is fired up for service.

For sure refrigerated air has some benefits over the swamp cooler, but we sure don't miss the $200+ electric bills we had in Kansas. Even our oversize Master Cool only uses $25 to $50 max per month of electricity even when it is running at maximum.

It's a plus for us because our bills are over 360.00 a month in the winter. :)
200.00 year round would be very nice.

Swamp coolers require a dry environment to work properly, if the outside humidity gets over 35% it's ability to cool is effectively negated. Swamp coolers also only cool the house about 10 - 15 degrees cooler than the outside temp so if it's up in the high 90s, low 100s the house is warm.
What I'd like is both AC and evaporative systems installed, electronic damper control to switch from one to the other as needed.

Cruise is over...:( Had great fun. GW is a wonderful host. Took a goodie bag I thought was appropriate, I was out goodie bagged. GW gave us all kinds of cheese and fish and wine and Alaskan sweatshirts, etc. That on top of taking us all over the place, GW is a great host. Thank you so much for making our trip one never to forget.

Cruise is over...:( Had great fun. GW is a wonderful host. Took a goodie bag I thought was appropriate, I was out goodie bagged. GW gave us all kinds of cheese and fish and wine and Alaskan sweatshirts, etc. That on top of taking us all over the place, GW is a great host. Thank you so much for making our trip one never to forget.
Tolja! GW rocks! Did ya give him a hug for me?
And did ya take pics while sightseeing? Hope so cuz I wanna see!

Tolja! GW rocks! Did ya give him a hug for me?
And did ya take pics while sightseeing? Hope so cuz I wanna see!

Yep, gave hug, took pics. Haven't uploaded them to the computer yet.

I still regret that GW and we missed each other when he came through Albuquerque. But maybe another time. Glad you had a great time though Sheila. We still remember how great our Alaskan cruise was. They really are memorable vacations.

Quick meal if anyone is interested.
Took a pound of breakfast sausage, cooked it crumbled.
1 bag frozen cut green beans (I'd use mixed veggies but the wife refuses to eat peas).
About 2 cups leftover white rice.
Cooked the sausage, added rice and green beans with a tsp of oil. Added about a Tbsp of onion powder, tsp of ground ginger, a little extra salt and pepper and a quarter tsp garlic powder.
Sauteed the whole till everything was hot.
:thup:

Sounds delish, but the only sausage I have in the fridge is the maple. I don't think that would go well.:(
And I too refuse to eat peas. Yuck! Maybe replace it with brocoli?

Swamp coolers? Like you guys have a swamp within a hundred miles. Nice that you pay $50 a month so frogs can be in a climate controlled environment though.

upload_2016-6-7_23-5-13.png

They thought it was funny.

You all are welcome!!! Most of the stuff was home-made (except the hoodies...hope they fit). I thought the red baseball cap and purple hoodie might work out for you, Sheila. Hope Mr. Sheila's goodies worked out for him. Let me know whether y'all survive the goodies! I enjoyed spending the day with you guys. It was my first real day off in...I cannot recall. Luvs ya, Sheila! And if Mr. Sheila ever has some pics to sell, let me know.

Forum List

Back