USMB Coffee Shop IV

You want to talk bad about a vegetable...
Okra sucks wind...
Slimy as snot on a doorknob...

View attachment 77418

This is the way okra is to be eaten. Nothing slimy about it and one of the most flavorful veggies ever. . . .

upload_2016-6-8_0-20-41.png

Tomorrow we have a guy coming to give us an estimate for a new high end central air and heating unit with installation.
Our old swamp cooler does not work very well at all.
We are figuring on around 10,000.00 or so. We will know for certain by tomorrow afternoon when he comes by.
This is going to be nice having a air conditioner because the swamp cooler does not work well at all in the rain. :)

We love our Master Cool that is a high end swamp cooler. But it would be nice to have both furnace and a/c during the transition months between winter and summer--with our system you have to shut down one when the other is fired up for service.

For sure refrigerated air has some benefits over the swamp cooler, but we sure don't miss the $200+ electric bills we had in Kansas. Even our oversize Master Cool only uses $25 to $50 max per month of electricity even when it is running at maximum.

It's a plus for us because our bills are over 360.00 a month in the winter. :)
200.00 year round would be very nice.

Wow. Why would gas and electricity be so much more expensive there? Especially in the winter when your winters aren't all that cold?

Here's mud in your eye!!! :coffee:

For those folks that are age deprived and don't know the sound and aroma of a percolated pot of coffee. This was the sound and smell of hauling your butt out of bed just about everywhere.

Starbucks my a#@

History of the Coffee Maker

I had a percolator just like that when Hombre and I first married. Made the world's best coffee.

Absolutely despise okra in any way shape or form, love guacamole (avocados) and like peas. Oh and maple is for pancakes and waffles, not meats of any kind, that's disgusting.

Stick the peas under the table for the dog they said.

No dog I said, lots of peas.

As a kid I was not allowed to leave the table until I had eaten my lima beans. And since they turned my stomach and I was sure I would throw up if I ate one, I hid a lot of them under the dining room rug.

Absolutely despise okra in any way shape or form, love guacamole (avocados) and like peas. Oh and maple is for pancakes and waffles, not meats of any kind, that's disgusting.

I can eat English peas but would not intentionally choose them. Love black eyed peas though. Avocados are okay, especially in guacamole, but I am not overly fond of that. Agree maple does not belong in meat.

And anybody who doesn't like well seasoned and perfectly breaded and fried okra is just. . . well. . .deprived.

I always wonder what the people who first ate some of this stuff were thinking. Oh, that snail just left a slimy trail across the rock. I wonder if he would taste good without the shell?

Gee, these shells are hard to get apart, but when you do there is a gelatinous mass I could choke down!

Hmmm...octopus looks like rubber, feels like rubber, probably tastes like steak?

I always wonder what the people who first ate some of this stuff were thinking. Oh, that snail just left a slimy trail across the rock. I wonder if he would taste good without the shell?

Gee, these shells are hard to get apart, but when you do there is a gelatinous mass I could choke down!

Hmmm...octopus looks like rubber, feels like rubber, probably tastes like steak?

Or the first guy who decided to eat the hard shelled thing that fell out of the chicken's butt?

Forum List

Back