USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sunday morning Daisy the Mutt and I were taking our walk in the park. It was a beautiful summer day. Not a cloud in the sky, a gentle breeze was blowing from the west. We did our three laps and got back into the car.

That's when I heard a loud CRACK! That was followed by a thump and another large CRACK! I looked in the rear view mirror and saw half a huge maple tree thud into the ground right above the water fountain! Not more than 25 seconds earlier, Daisy was lapping water from the dog dish provided by the park and I was taking a sip from the water fountain. Had we tarried, the both of us would be nothing more than a couple of greasy patches on the ground.

I've never seen anything like it. A large tree in full leaf split in two. And the falling limbs took out three arbor vitae beneath them. Right where the squirrels and chipmunks Daisy loves to chase live.

Was it a sign of impending danger? Was it providence that Daisy and I were finally back in the safety of the car? Or was it merely a coincidence?
Definitely your guardian angel on duty.

I just purchased Mahler's symphony number 3 on Amazon. I tried to buy in in the shops today but they did not have it in stock, so I purchased symphony's number one and five instead. Listened to symphony number one but I much prefer number two, and as far as I recall I like number three best.

I think the spirit world is ever present behind the scenes, and they often inspire people to do things.

The Comedian Flip Wilson done a whole bit on just this very subject...

upload_2016-7-11_18-39-43.png

Hello! Just dropping in to give you an update on Bunny's condition (for those that care anyways - lol). He is doing much better. Almost back to his old self. :) I'm so relieved that I didn't have to put him down.

Hello! Just dropping in to give you an update on Bunny's condition (for those that care anyways - lol). He is doing much better. Almost back to his old self. :) I'm so relieved that I didn't have to put him down.

Well we'll keep you too on the vigil list until he's completely back to his old self. But so happy for you. (and him)

Mornin' all, looking at our 17th or 18th straight 100+ degree day and it's supposed to last through the weekend. A few years ago we had bought a hand held shower head at a junk shop for a few dollars, when we moved in here I put it in the wife's bath and another we had in my bath, the existing shower heads in each were mostly clogged by mineral build up. Yesterday the hose in the wife's shower burst so moved my hand held over to her shower and took the old one I'd pulled from my shower and soaked it all night in CLR, clean as a whistle and all the little sprayers on the head are no longer clogged. Probably just stick with that shower head as the only time I use the hand held part is to clean the shower and that's just a convenience factor.
Been busy lately trying to get things accomplished so I haven't even been on the board much. Hope everyone is doing well, will talk with ya later.

Mornin' all, looking at our 17th or 18th straight 100+ degree day and it's supposed to last through the weekend. A few years ago we had bought a hand held shower head at a junk shop for a few dollars, when we moved in here I put it in the wife's bath and another we had in my bath, the existing shower heads in each were mostly clogged by mineral build up. Yesterday the hose in the wife's shower burst so moved my hand held over to her shower and took the old one I'd pulled from my shower and soaked it all night in CLR, clean as a whistle and all the little sprayers on the head are no longer clogged. Probably just stick with that shower head as the only time I use the hand held part is to clean the shower and that's just a convenience factor.
Been busy lately trying to get things accomplished so I haven't even been on the board much. Hope everyone is doing well, will talk with ya later.

Where did you get the CLR to soak your shower head in? Mine needs that treatment badly.

Added later: what I've read about CLR though scares me to death.

Last edited:

Well we'll keep you too on the vigil list until he's completely back to his old self. But so happy for you. (and him)

Thanks Foxy! :smiliehug:

Where did you get the CLR to soak your shower head in? Mine needs that treatment badly.

Added later: what I've read about CLR though scares me to death.
CLR = Calcium Lime Rust, you can find it at Walmart, Albertsons, etc.

5110jmjAIML._AC_UL320_SR204,320_.jpg

When you're finished soaking the shower head wash it well with hot water and dish soap to get any residual CLR off, mainly to get rid of any Propylene glycol butyl ether the only ingredient in CLR that might cause physical damage.

CLR Calcium, Lime, Rust Cleaner Cleaner Rating

Have no idea what happened but around 1pm I had a banana, something I normally don't do. Picked up a bunch yesterday and they're ripening fast. About an hour later I had a nasty upset stomach, so bad I went to bed and slept for 4 hours. Unfortunately it was still upset when I woke up, alka seltzer didn't help nor did multiple back end expulsions of semi solid waste....... Crackers for dinner....... *sigh*
Wonder if I picked up a stomach bug yesterday at Wally World from some clueless moron who doesn't know how to wash their hands.

Have no idea what happened but around 1pm I had a banana, something I normally don't do. Picked up a bunch yesterday and they're ripening fast. About an hour later I had a nasty upset stomach, so bad I went to bed and slept for 4 hours. Unfortunately it was still upset when I woke up, alka seltzer didn't help nor did multiple back end expulsions of semi solid waste....... Crackers for dinner....... *sigh*
Wonder if I picked up a stomach bug yesterday at Wally World from some clueless moron who doesn't know how to wash their hands.

Hope you're feeling fit as a fiddle come morning.

I got three numbers and a lucky star on the euro lottery, and all I got was a lousy tenner. I thought I would get at least a hundred pounds, but even with three numbers and two stars they only got £45.

I got three numbers and a lucky star on the euro lottery, and all I got was a lousy tenner. I thought I would get at least a hundred pounds, but even with three numbers and two stars they only got £45.
Hey, you've done better than me.

There are seven numbers in the euro lottery. five numbers and two lucky stars. You would think I would win more than ten pounds for getting four of the numbers.
I got five numbers out of six, on the national lottery in 1998 and won £1182 but I have paid it all back by now.

I think of all of us, GW is the one most likely to survive if we are all forced to live off the land without benefit of computers, electricity, natural gas, etc

I will not survive if I cannot get my food from a supermarket. Which I think is a distinct possibility when we cannot trade with Europe, because some idiots voted to leave the EU.
You can always escape to Alaska!

yep, if the SHTF, I plan on going to live with GW.
You'll be most welcome, too, Sheila...just make sure you bring Mr. Sheila! His talent will be valued.

He and possibly our two sons as well.

Why was your tongue touching your hands?

Why was your tongue touching your hands?
Leftovers........

Forum List

Back