USMB Coffee Shop IV

Happy Saturday! :)

704bb4199f0b361cbb08eb1bf8e1677c.jpg

Good morning all. Hope everybody is having a good Saturday. Ringel and probably Mrs. R are at Fort Stanton today for the Civil War reenactment big deal--he is acting as a civilian I believe. Dajjal is puzzling over his greenery. Hombre and I are puzzling over what to do about our back yard, especially that pesky retaining wall plus having all the carpet and all the furniture in the great room cleaned. It would be so nice to be rich, but oh well. We can't have everything.

So what's everybody doing this weekend?

The same thing I do almost every weekend......watch TV and play video games! :p

Can't argue with that. Sound good to me. :)

It was 95 degrees here yesterday. It was a hot one!
Sounds chilly........ :eusa_whistle:

It's chilly today. It's only supposed to get up to about 66 degrees, and it's overcast too.

And our forecast is for it to go to 99 this afternoon. Let's split the difference. I'll subtract 16 degrees from my score and you add 16 degrees to yours.

Sounds like a plan. Can I get some sunshine with that? :D

It was 95 degrees here yesterday. It was a hot one!
Sounds chilly........ :eusa_whistle:

It's chilly today. It's only supposed to get up to about 66 degrees, and it's overcast too.

And our forecast is for it to go to 99 this afternoon. Let's split the difference. I'll subtract 16 degrees from my score and you add 16 degrees to yours.

Sounds like a plan. Can I get some sunshine with that? :D

We definitely have abundant sunshine to share so yeah, I'll throw that in at no charge. :)

Just got back from Fort Stanton, lot's of people, a whole lot more than I was anticipating. Left early, it had hit the low 90s and by early afternoon the breeze had stopped and the heat just wore me out. By 3PM I was pretty tired but storm clouds were moving in, the storms were all around us and we'd get spits of rain but what was the most refreshing was the temp dropped, the sun went behind the clouds and the wind licked up. Still by 3:30 I was spent and even though they were going to feed my at 6PM I simply had to go home. Left at 4, hit rain just a few miles up the ridge, wet roads all the way through Ruidoso, temp hit 56 degrees by the time I went over Apache Summit, back into sunshine and 90s a few miles outside of Tularosa. Literally when I drove into Tularosa I drove into a major dust storm with wind gusts that were buffeting my truck, when I left Tularosa the dust storm ended and the temp went up to 101. Stayed sunny and hot till I hit Chaparral on the TX, NM border then more rain and temps in the 70s, by the time I drove into north El Paso it was back up to 100 and I was in the middle of anther dust storm.......

Just got back from Fort Stanton, lot's of people, a whole lot more than I was anticipating. Left early, it had hit the low 90s and by early afternoon the breeze had stopped and the heat just wore me out. By 3PM I was pretty tired but storm clouds were moving in, the storms were all around us and we'd get spits of rain but what was the most refreshing was the temp dropped, the sun went behind the clouds and the wind licked up. Still by 3:30 I was spent and even though they were going to feed my at 6PM I simply had to go home. Left at 4, hit rain just a few miles up the ridge, wet roads all the way through Ruidoso, temp hit 56 degrees by the time I went over Apache Summit, back into sunshine and 90s a few miles outside of Tularosa. Literally when I drove into Tularosa I drove into a major dust storm with wind gusts that were buffeting my truck, when I left Tularosa the dust storm ended and the temp went up to 101. Stayed sunny and hot till I hit Chaparral on the TX, NM border then more rain and temps in the 70s, by the time I drove into north El Paso it was back up to 100 and I was in the middle of anther dust storm.......

That sounds like it could be a typical summer day in Albuquerque just staying in one spot. :) But did you have a good time until you got tired?

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Sunset over Gulf of Mexico, Clearwater Beach, Florida

Sunset%20Over%20the%20Gulf%20of%20Mexico,%20Clearwater,%20Florida.jpg

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Yes!

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,

Yes!

You're as much a beach girl as our Sherry, Kat. And you live in a state that has one. You ought to move there. :)

I'm wondering how they got that angle for the photo though. Doesn't the Gulf coast of Florida face south or east? Might be just enough variances along the coast to give a body a western view though. Never been there. Want to go before I die.

Last edited:

That sounds like it could be a typical summer day in Albuquerque just staying in one spot. :) But did you have a good time until you got tired?
Yeah, had a good time, met lots of people, picked the brains of some very knowledgeable people. There were people participating all the way from Phoenix and Abilene, there was a Tombstone contingent there and of course some local Mescalero Apaches.

Yeah, had a good time, met lots of people, picked the brains of some very knowledgeable people. There were people participating all the way from Phoenix and Abilene, there was a Tombstone contingent there and of course some local Mescalero Apaches.

The Mescaleros are interesting people. Who would have thought they would enjoy a Civil War reenactment though?

The Mescaleros are interesting people. Who would have thought they would enjoy a Civil War reenactment though?
It's was a living history timeline from the 1850s up through the 1870s, the Civil War reenactors were only a small part of the whole, most there were doing 1850s pre-war and post war 1870s.

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,

Yes!

You're as much a beach girl as our Sherry, Kat. And you live in a state that has one. You ought to move there. :)

I'm wondering how they got that angle for the photo though. Doesn't the Gulf coast of Florida face south or east? Might be just enough variances along the coast to give a body a western view though. Never been there. Want to go before I die.

South or West.

Florida_Political_Map_Kwh.png

You can see Clearwater just above Tampa Bay, center west side of the state.

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,

Yes!

South or West.

You're right. I can see how that would provide a western view. Thanks. I picked that beach as one that would be fairly close to Sherry and WelfareQueen

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,

Yes!

South or West.

Look just below Jacksonville, you'll see a little town called Green Cove Springs, spent 1969 there at the old Naval housing site while my dad did a one year tour in Nam.

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,

Yes!

South or West.

Look just below Jacksonville, you'll see a little town called Green Cove Springs, spent 1969 there at the old Naval housing site while my dad did a one year tour in Nam.

I don't know how I have missed Florida in all my world travels, but I would like to visit there. I have a shirttail cousin here with kids in Florida. Maybe I can accompany her on one of her trips over there to see them.

Forum List

Back