USMB Coffee Shop IV

I hate it when I read a really good post late at night, and then try to find it the next day, and can't. Wahhhhhh.

Been there. Done that. But what I really hate is running across one of my own posts that I have absolutely no recolllection whatsoever of posting it.

Bunny update please.

Okay, bunny update: I brought him to the vet yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, they don't specialize in "exotic pets" (which is what they consider a bunny - can you believe that? Lots of people have pet bunnies!), but they are the only emergency animal hospital in my area, so they agreed to see him. I brought him in and just for them to look at him it cost $110. They say they think he might have a bowel obstruction or something like that. It can be deadly to a rabbit. They said he was also dehydrated and said they thought he was demonstrating abdominal pain, although I haven't noticed that. This is mostly just guess work though. We are just trying to treat him as if he has a bowel obstruction and see how it goes. He did poop last night. He was so frightened at the vet that he peed (which I was concerned about - he hasn't been peeing like he normally does).

He was doing really bad yesterday. He was very lethargic and not at all like his normal self, so I had to bring him to the emergency vet hospital.

So anyways, they gave me two medicines for him to take via feeding syringe and some liquid food. He LOVES the medicine. He was lapping that stuff up. He hates the liquid food though. He won't let me get it near his mouth. He freaks out. He did eat a couple of strawberries and some Timothy hay this morning. He won't touch his regular food though. I don't know why. I washed his bowl well and put brand new food in there this morning, and he still shows no interest in it.

Okay, sorry that was so lengthy. Anyways, he seems to be doing a little better this morning. Not as lethargic and, like I said, he ate a little bit. Still hasn't peed yet today.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention, so on top of that $110 to just have him seen by the vet, of course I had to pay for the medicines and the food. So the total bill was $190 - and change. I think that is outrageous. They were very nice though and of course they thought Bunny was the sweetest. :) I'm just hoping this treatment works. If not, I'm going to ask them for an antibiotic to treat an ear infection and/or a urinary tract infection, because I think it could be one of those things possibly.

Then you understand my loved one's concern when her sort of husband spent $2,500 for treatment for his French lopeared bunny and more than $4,000 for his cat. But honestly any kind of pet anymore is just as much or more expensive than a human kid when you take them to the doctor.

I just ordered some antihistimines for my little temporary foster dachshund--$1.00/pill and I am supposed to give her one morning and evening. One a day seems to be doing the trick though--she was terribly itchy and scratching like mad from apparent allergy. So I'm giving her one a day. But my gosh, for $5 or $6 bucks you can get the same amount of antihistimine for people.

I hate it when I read a really good post late at night, and then try to find it the next day, and can't. Wahhhhhh.

Been there. Done that. But what I really hate is running across one of my own posts that I have absolutely no recolllection whatsoever of posting it.

LOL!! I have never ever done such a thing! :eusa_liar:

Oh what I hate most of all is posting something, and someone quotes it, and I go look, and I spelled a bunch of words wrong, and the post doesn't even make sense. I do that when I am I a hurry.

Sorry about hogging the CS, but this is the first time in weeks that the board has worked well for me. Just catching up.
I put up another cord of firewood this weekend and cleared out a lot of slash and trash from around the Willow place. Fortunately, there were no firework launching revelers around our place this year. The pain of last year's fire is still vivid enough and people are being careful.
I'm becoming quite to social butterfly this year. After enjoying a day with Sheila, and Mr. Sheila, an old friend of mine is coming up with her hubby the end of July. She dated a buddy of mine but has found "true love" with her current man. They'll be borrowing my commuter truck and I will exact my price for that, a couple of days catching up at the Willow joint.

You never hog the CS my friend. And your posts are interesting.

Was thinking about you not responding well to calculus. I didn't event attempt it, but I think it must be like learning a foreign language. You struggle and struggle and then one day, voila, you've got it. Our son, now a successful professional engineer, breezed through all the math except for calculus. He flunked Calculus 1 twice before he finally hired a tutor to help him through it. And one day the light bulb came on for him. On the third attempt he earned an A as he also did effortlessly with Calculus 2 and 3. We (and he) is so glad he didn't give up.

Then there are the others that frustrate the hell out of the rest of us. You know the type. When it is pure Greek to the rest of us, it comes intuitively and effortlessly for them.
Oh, I know about that bulb snapping on. Algebra was like that for me. Then one day, I was struggling with quadratic equations and the sun rose in my head. I found them to be almost as intriguing (and challenging) as crossword puzzles. By the time I attempted Calculus, I had already pretty much settled on a second career. My first career involved languages and did not require much math. That second career involved electricity (as mentioned), and electricity is much more involved with trigonometry.

Bunny update please.

Okay, bunny update: I brought him to the vet yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, they don't specialize in "exotic pets" (which is what they consider a bunny - can you believe that? Lots of people have pet bunnies!), but they are the only emergency animal hospital in my area, so they agreed to see him. I brought him in and just for them to look at him it cost $110. They say they think he might have a bowel obstruction or something like that. It can be deadly to a rabbit. They said he was also dehydrated and said they thought he was demonstrating abdominal pain, although I haven't noticed that. This is mostly just guess work though. We are just trying to treat him as if he has a bowel obstruction and see how it goes. He did poop last night. He was so frightened at the vet that he peed (which I was concerned about - he hasn't been peeing like he normally does).

He was doing really bad yesterday. He was very lethargic and not at all like his normal self, so I had to bring him to the emergency vet hospital.

So anyways, they gave me two medicines for him to take via feeding syringe and some liquid food. He LOVES the medicine. He was lapping that stuff up. He hates the liquid food though. He won't let me get it near his mouth. He freaks out. He did eat a couple of strawberries and some Timothy hay this morning. He won't touch his regular food though. I don't know why. I washed his bowl well and put brand new food in there this morning, and he still shows no interest in it.

Okay, sorry that was so lengthy. Anyways, he seems to be doing a little better this morning. Not as lethargic and, like I said, he ate a little bit. Still hasn't peed yet today.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention, so on top of that $110 to just have him seen by the vet, of course I had to pay for the medicines and the food. So the total bill was $190 - and change. I think that is outrageous. They were very nice though and of course they thought Bunny was the sweetest. :) I'm just hoping this treatment works. If not, I'm going to ask them for an antibiotic to treat an ear infection and/or a urinary tract infection, because I think it could be one of those things possibly.
Good luck with the bunny. Livestock, including goats, are susceptible to twisted gut. That's when their digestive system gets knotted up and out of sync. Bunnies my be no different. It's most often fatal.
I think vets must be psychic to some extent. I took my old lady cat to the vet last week. The "cyst" on her side had finally ruptured and become septic. The vet took immediate action, surgically removing the growth. Oddly, I had taken my entire rainy-day slush fund with me. The bill cost all I had on hand, plus a bit more! Paying almost a $1000 for a 21-yr-old cat...I must be insane!!!
I still wish you best of luck with your bunny. Old cat actually seems more spry since her surgery. I suppose a year or two more of her excellent company might be worth the expense. (What cost love?)

Bunny update please.

Find a vet in your area that does take exotic pets, if you live near a major metropolitan area that should be easy. The last time we took Jasper in he was running a fever and looked like he was on death's doorstep, it cost us almost $500 and that was not even an emergency vet, it was the visit, treatment, labs, etc.

Well, I'm going to have to wait on that because after spending almost $200, I'm broke now! One of my friends thinks I'm nuts for spending that much on a rabbit that I found, but I love my bunny! :(
If you can, consult with a vet and make sure that the antibiotics you plan to use are suitable for your bunny, and what dosage works.

Have done three hours painting today while listening to Beethoven's ninth symphony, Mahler's second symphony and Paul McCartney's, 'band on the run'. I do not usually listen to music, so it makes a nice change to listen while painting. It takes some of the strain out of it.
Beethoven and Mahler...yeh, that works for me. Paul McCartney, not so much. I'm cleaning out the attics and other places and have come across some of my old paintings. I'm kinda thinking that maybe I should take up a brush and pallet again when I retire. Do, please, post pics of your works.

I have posted some of my paintings on a thread called 'my paintings' in the arts and craft forum.
Most of them are over ten years old, because I have not painted for that long. But I have decided to try and use up eight big canvases I have and give the paintings to a hospital. So that I leave something behind me in this world. There is a project to display work in hospitals in England.
I started a large painting (six feet wide) just over a week ago and I am posting updates to in on my thread. I thought it might interest people to see the creative process underway. So I have posted photos of the picture as it develops.
Another reason for doing that is to try and commit myself to working on it because I get apathetic and despondent and start thinking it will never be any good and I will never finish it. So by sharing the process of struggling with the picture I have more reason to keep at it.
I'll go look for your thread...thanks!

I think of all of us, GW is the one most likely to survive if we are all forced to live off the land without benefit of computers, electricity, natural gas, etc

I will not survive if I cannot get my food from a supermarket. Which I think is a distinct possibility when we cannot trade with Europe, because some idiots voted to leave the EU.
You can always escape to Alaska!

yep, if the SHTF, I plan on going to live with GW.
You'll be most welcome, too, Sheila...just make sure you bring Mr. Sheila! His talent will be valued.

Raining here, still. Sheila, you came at a great time. Things were super nice, but not wet yet. We put up another cord of firewood in the rain this past weekend. Of course, I get to do most of the hard work, the partner being restricted to the wood splitter (due to his injury).
I'm pleased to report, my hip seems to have enjoyed some kind of physical epiphany. The constant pain is gone (touch wood). Maybe moving something over a 100 lbs of hay down to the goats did the trick because since I did that, the hip's been so much better. Odd...

Was back up in the hundreds the last couple of days and supposed to last through next week, I will be looking forward to the 80s up at Fort Stanton this weekend. It's currently 90 and breezy which means it's warm but not uncomfortable.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Sunset over Stonehenge

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Got up at five thirty AM, early enough to see the Fox cubs playing, as they mostly only come out at night now.
Did two hours of painting before feeling fatigued, now I am going back to bed.

I watched a movie with the little one on the big TV in the living room last night. Her bed's mattress is on the floor in there, she and her mom have watched movies the past couple of nights before mom has to go to bed for work. Last night it was late, both in the movie and the day, and the little one was getting tired. First she told me that if she fell asleep during the movie to leave the TV on so it wouldn't be too dark. Then she said I had to come sleep out on the mattress with her when I went to sleep. Then she grabbed my hand and fell asleep holding it against her.

I don't want to have to get a regular job instead of doing this! :(

Bunny update please.

Find a vet in your area that does take exotic pets, if you live near a major metropolitan area that should be easy. The last time we took Jasper in he was running a fever and looked like he was on death's doorstep, it cost us almost $500 and that was not even an emergency vet, it was the visit, treatment, labs, etc.

Well, I'm going to have to wait on that because after spending almost $200, I'm broke now! One of my friends thinks I'm nuts for spending that much on a rabbit that I found, but I love my bunny! :(
If you can, consult with a vet and make sure that the antibiotics you plan to use are suitable for your bunny, and what dosage works.

Of course. :) Bunny seems to be doing much better today. He isn't very active, but he is more alert and eating now. Still, he doesn't seem to be peeing much though. If he doesn't pee today, I'm going to call the vet and tell them about it. He was dehydrated they said, so maybe he is just retaining that water?

Forum List

Back