USMB Coffee Shop IV

I think my bunny might be dying. He's been wobbly on his feet and falling over. He's hiding under the chair where he's been since last night when I let him out when I got home. I pulled him out to see if he was any better this morning, but he's not any better. I'll have to call a vet tomorrow and see if they can have a look at him.

Blood sugar issues?

I don't think so. I feed him a high quality food, but I suppose it's possible. A diabetic rabbit? Lol.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Sunset over Boston Harbor:

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I think my bunny might be dying. He's been wobbly on his feet and falling over. He's hiding under the chair where he's been since last night when I let him out when I got home. I pulled him out to see if he was any better this morning, but he's not any better. I'll have to call a vet tomorrow and see if they can have a look at him.

Blood sugar issues?

I don't think so. I feed him a high quality food, but I suppose it's possible. A diabetic rabbit? Lol.

It is possible for a rabbit to develop diabetes.

Good morning all. So far this morning. . .

upload_2016-7-5_9-15-17.png

. . . as we had some thoughtless neighbors who set off fireworks late LATE into the night last night and we are keeping a mini dachshund who barked at this situation late LATE into the night last night. But I'm sure my attitude will adjust shortly.

Have done three hours painting today while listening to Beethoven's ninth symphony, Mahler's second symphony and Paul McCartney's, 'band on the run'. I do not usually listen to music, so it makes a nice change to listen while painting. It takes some of the strain out of it.

Have done three hours painting today while listening to Beethoven's ninth symphony, Mahler's second symphony and Paul McCartney's, 'band on the run'. I do not usually listen to music, so it makes a nice change to listen while painting. It takes some of the strain out of it.

Avoid Paint it Black

WOW! Wondering if that is real. And if it is, trying to figure out how the baker got the blue field in there without making that whole layer blue.

I don't think they did. I think the cake would just be the red and white layers and the blue is added afterward, probably just painted on food coloring or something along those lines. ;)
That would be a blue layer, sliced stacked and cut in half. the top 7 layers of red and white stripes are trimmed and the blue fit in place. Cool concept and not too hard to do.

I thought it would be easier to just paint the blue on after, plus that would allow every piece to have the full colors instead of some just having the stripes. :dunno:

Maybe. That would be one way. It is beautiful but I can't wrap my mind about how to make it come out like that if the color is baked in.
http://lifehacker.com/how-to-make-an-american-flag-cake-for-the-4th-of-july-5923413

Avoid Paint it Black
Was'nt that the rolling stones?

You can paint' the sun into the night time, and paint the daytime black. Bob Dylan.

Partied at my partners' house lats night. Our tree service buddy brought the bucket truck and lifted the kids 3 or 4 at a time 50 feet up so they could watch 3 shows at once. Once, Foley, Orange Beach and Gulf Shores fireworks were done, 5 or 6 of us set off our own show which lasted another 35 minutes. We had about 400 mortar shells (2") and some other shells and big blocks of cool stuff.
A customer retired from his fireworks store about 6 months ago and we got about $1,200 retail for a few cocktails. There are a couple short videos on Facebook. I'll see if I can get them onto Doc's page.
I did well this year. Nothing blew up in my face, though Max and I both had close calls. One of mine went off about 6 feet off the ground and I was showered with sparkley things. One of his went off in the tube.

:( Oh nooo

Checking out early tonight and probably won't be back tonight. All have a good evening.

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Sunset over Lake Michigan:

cfbaddc652098297a8ce90febecfe9c0.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
It's county fair season here in the Rust Belt. County fairs are magical places where townies get to smell cow manure and the country folk get to see the bright lights of the carnival rides. A dusty midway, games of chance, deep fried everything, blue ribbons for quilts and canned tomatoes and prize pigs. A chance to watch a demonstration of the latest and greatest kitchen gadgets, a wonder towel that can suck up and hold a quart of milk, a paring knife that can transform a russet potato into a starchy slinky, a gizmo that, when plunged into a navel orange can bring forth juice.

But at the Canfield Fair fifty years ago was the greatest, most bizarre and memorable thing a young boy could wish for. A combination of Evel Knievel, Tarzan and Let's Make a Deal!

There was a game booth where, for a mere quarter, you could take a chance on winning either a stuffed panda the size of a Volkswagen or the consolation prize. I kinda wanted the consolation prize. Above the booth, actually on the roof of the booth, there was a steel vertical hoop about seven feet in diameter. Little thirty watt incandescent light bulbs ringed the hoop. But, mounted on a tiny toy bicycle that ran the inner diameter of that hoop was a live monkey.

I can't recall what the contestant had to do; toss a ball, throw a dart, smack something with a hammer. But if you failed, bells rang and the little light bulbs raced around the hoop and that poor monkey went for a ride on that bicycle.

We did not consider the obvious animal cruelty involved. We had no thought of the ASPCA. But damn! That monkey was funny!

Last edited:

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,

Sunset over Anchorage Ak

e316f5d0c3b83a8853be6c6ec574c08c.jpg
That's the "Sleeping Lady", or Mt. Susitna. I see that beauty every day I work!

I just got back a little while ago from taking something called the COMPASS test, it's a placement test for colleges. I'm trying to get into an online course from an in-state tech school. I did great until I got to the algebra, then I didn't remember how any of that shit gets done. :p
Took algebra 3 times (including college), aced it every time...... I couldn't do an algebraic equation today if my life depended on it. :lol:
Only class I ever failed in HS was Algebra. Later, I aced Trigonometry...and figured out Algebra at that point in time. Gotta have AG to work through Trig.

Algebra was always a mystery to me until I purchased a book on it that started out by saying. Algebra is very confusing because unknown numbers are represented by letters. I figured that is why I could never understand it.

I qualified as an electronics repair man without passing the algebra part of the exam. Because I got all the fractions and transposition of formulas correct. I could understand formulas because they were composed of letters that stood for something real like A for Amps and V for Volts.
Electrical work is trig. I figured that out when I had to learn to become an airplane mechanic. I did give calculus a run but ended up drooling over my chin.

Forum List

Back