USMB Coffee Shop IV

I hope I never happen to find myself relying on you for dessert! :lol:

I don't eat cheesecake at all. Yuck. I'm not a fan of cheese most of the time with dinner, certainly not as part of dessert. I also don't like sour cream.

And while I'm talking about putting non-dessert foods into dessert, what's with carrot cake? Why would you want to ruin a perfectly good cake by making it with carrots? I like carrots as a snack, or in salad, but cake? :p
Too bad. Both cheesecake (made with homemade cream cheese here) and carrot cake are absolutely delicious. I have people who request my carrot cake!
I add cream cheese to my carrot cake and then slather on a half inch of sour cream frosting that I make with a tablespoon of mayonnaise.
Ernie, or anyone else who has ideas, I need to bring a punch (non alcoholic) to a place with no fridge and I don't have a big budget for ingredients. Is there a two to three ingredient punch that you can pour into pitchers without fuss that tastes pretty good?

This is my go to recipe for a very quick and easy (and cheap) punch for a crowd.

EASY AND VERY GOOD PUNCH
1 liter cheap strawberry pop
1 (46 oz.) can pineapple juice
Mix together as you use it or make a big batch. Serve over ice. Serves about 20 people.
If you want a little extra pizzazz, drop in a package of strawberry Jello.

Hmmmm....really needs some Everclear, hun.

Naw. We serve it benign. And TheOldLady wanted a non alcoholic offering. :)

Oh and one more thing. I just got back from an errand that involved a short visit to an area park. And I observed several teens who were chaperoning little brothers or sisters or just helping out. All were staring at phones. So folks. . .

13529093_909390079187025_3709326425137078459_n.jpg

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Sunset over Lake Purdy, Alabama

130804-Lake-Purdy.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
I think of all of us, GW is the one most likely to survive if we are all forced to live off the land without benefit of computers, electricity, natural gas, etc

I will not survive if I cannot get my food from a supermarket. Which I think is a distinct possibility when we cannot trade with Europe, because some idiots voted to leave the EU.

Well I got up at six this morning again and painted for four hours. I am now ready to go back to bed for the afternoon.

I think of all of us, GW is the one most likely to survive if we are all forced to live off the land without benefit of computers, electricity, natural gas, etc

I will not survive if I cannot get my food from a supermarket. Which I think is a distinct possibility when we cannot trade with Europe, because some idiots voted to leave the EU.
Did you trade with Europe before EU?

I assume we did , but now they will want a new trade agreement, which could take years.

On the road home from a recharging camping trip. I wish I could teleport into my shower. lol. Have a Safe and Happy 4th of July, ya'll!
Now try that (camping) wearing wool, marching and "fighting", cooking over an open fire absorbing all that wood smoke into your clothes and skin for three days......... A shower suddenly becomes a little slice of heaven. :lol:

I assume we did , but now they will want a new trade agreement, which could take years.
I seriously doubt your trade with the EU will be suspended, the agreements are still in place as it will take some time before the UK officially leaves the EU and by then new agreements will have been reached.

Good morning, afternoon, evening, or Monday depending on your time zone everybody. Wishing safe travels for mdk and good Sunday for all. Looks like a break in the monsoon cycle here so its heating up pretty good in Albuquerque already. We'll probably be in the low 90's before the day is done and humidity is pretty high so it wears a body down more.

I think my bunny might be dying. He's been wobbly on his feet and falling over. He's hiding under the chair where he's been since last night when I let him out when I got home. I pulled him out to see if he was any better this morning, but he's not any better. I'll have to call a vet tomorrow and see if they can have a look at him.

I think my bunny might be dying. He's been wobbly on his feet and falling over. He's hiding under the chair where he's been since last night when I let him out when I got home. I pulled him out to see if he was any better this morning, but he's not any better. I'll have to call a vet tomorrow and see if they can have a look at him.
:(

Forum List

Back