USMB Coffee Shop IV

You folks are just going to freak...

My favorite cake and yes my mother made for me was Mayonnaise cake.:biggrin:
Wha...wha...what? Got the recipe? I make my own mayonnaise, so it might be worth the try.

Is there anything you don't make? I'm going to take a bunch of that stuff you gave us to my sisters for the 4th and we're having a taste test. I'll bring one bottle of mead with us, that'll leave us with one bottle of mead left, I think I'm going to need the recipe....
Always glad to oblige, as long as you have a year+ to wait. I keep notes on what I make because so much takes a lot of time. Cheese and mead both take time to "become". It's not that difficult, though. Let me know and I'll post the recipe for the mead you liked best.

I think of all of us, GW is the one most likely to survive if we are all forced to live off the land without benefit of computers, electricity, natural gas, etc.

Just noticed this and am going to have to research it. I do love cucumbers. . .

13339602_1226921387338672_7719660948443901992_n.jpg
Those look like baby pickles to me! I just discovered a recipe for making pickled veggies by recycling the pickle juice from store-bought pickles.

I think of all of us, GW is the one most likely to survive if we are all forced to live off the land without benefit of computers, electricity, natural gas, etc

I will not survive if I cannot get my food from a supermarket. Which I think is a distinct possibility when we cannot trade with Europe, because some idiots voted to leave the EU.
You can always escape to Alaska!

I think my bunny might be dying. He's been wobbly on his feet and falling over. He's hiding under the chair where he's been since last night when I let him out when I got home. I pulled him out to see if he was any better this morning, but he's not any better. I'll have to call a vet tomorrow and see if they can have a look at him.
Best wishes, hope all goes well for your bunny.

Have done three hours painting today while listening to Beethoven's ninth symphony, Mahler's second symphony and Paul McCartney's, 'band on the run'. I do not usually listen to music, so it makes a nice change to listen while painting. It takes some of the strain out of it.
Beethoven and Mahler...yeh, that works for me. Paul McCartney, not so much. I'm cleaning out the attics and other places and have come across some of my old paintings. I'm kinda thinking that maybe I should take up a brush and pallet again when I retire. Do, please, post pics of your works.

Sorry about hogging the CS, but this is the first time in weeks that the board has worked well for me. Just catching up.
I put up another cord of firewood this weekend and cleared out a lot of slash and trash from around the Willow place. Fortunately, there were no firework launching revelers around our place this year. The pain of last year's fire is still vivid enough and people are being careful.
I'm becoming quite to social butterfly this year. After enjoying a day with Sheila, and Mr. Sheila, an old friend of mine is coming up with her hubby the end of July. She dated a buddy of mine but has found "true love" with her current man. They'll be borrowing my commuter truck and I will exact my price for that, a couple of days catching up at the Willow joint.

Sorry about hogging the CS, but this is the first time in weeks that the board has worked well for me. Just catching up.
I put up another cord of firewood this weekend and cleared out a lot of slash and trash from around the Willow place. Fortunately, there were no firework launching revelers around our place this year. The pain of last year's fire is still vivid enough and people are being careful.
I'm becoming quite to social butterfly this year. After enjoying a day with Sheila, and Mr. Sheila, an old friend of mine is coming up with her hubby the end of July. She dated a buddy of mine but has found "true love" with her current man. They'll be borrowing my commuter truck and I will exact my price for that, a couple of days catching up at the Willow joint.

You never hog the CS my friend. And your posts are interesting.

Was thinking about you not responding well to calculus. I didn't event attempt it, but I think it must be like learning a foreign language. You struggle and struggle and then one day, voila, you've got it. Our son, now a successful professional engineer, breezed through all the math except for calculus. He flunked Calculus 1 twice before he finally hired a tutor to help him through it. And one day the light bulb came on for him. On the third attempt he earned an A as he also did effortlessly with Calculus 2 and 3. We (and he) is so glad he didn't give up.

Then there are the others that frustrate the hell out of the rest of us. You know the type. When it is pure Greek to the rest of us, it comes intuitively and effortlessly for them.

Bunny update please.

Okay, bunny update: I brought him to the vet yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, they don't specialize in "exotic pets" (which is what they consider a bunny - can you believe that? Lots of people have pet bunnies!), but they are the only emergency animal hospital in my area, so they agreed to see him. I brought him in and just for them to look at him it cost $110. They say they think he might have a bowel obstruction or something like that. It can be deadly to a rabbit. They said he was also dehydrated and said they thought he was demonstrating abdominal pain, although I haven't noticed that. This is mostly just guess work though. We are just trying to treat him as if he has a bowel obstruction and see how it goes. He did poop last night. He was so frightened at the vet that he peed (which I was concerned about - he hasn't been peeing like he normally does).

He was doing really bad yesterday. He was very lethargic and not at all like his normal self, so I had to bring him to the emergency vet hospital.

So anyways, they gave me two medicines for him to take via feeding syringe and some liquid food. He LOVES the medicine. He was lapping that stuff up. He hates the liquid food though. He won't let me get it near his mouth. He freaks out. He did eat a couple of strawberries and some Timothy hay this morning. He won't touch his regular food though. I don't know why. I washed his bowl well and put brand new food in there this morning, and he still shows no interest in it.

Okay, sorry that was so lengthy. Anyways, he seems to be doing a little better this morning. Not as lethargic and, like I said, he ate a little bit. Still hasn't peed yet today.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention, so on top of that $110 to just have him seen by the vet, of course I had to pay for the medicines and the food. So the total bill was $190 - and change. I think that is outrageous. They were very nice though and of course they thought Bunny was the sweetest. :) I'm just hoping this treatment works. If not, I'm going to ask them for an antibiotic to treat an ear infection and/or a urinary tract infection, because I think it could be one of those things possibly.

Bunny update please.

Okay, bunny update: I brought him to the vet yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, they don't specialize in "exotic pets" (which is what they consider a bunny - can you believe that? Lots of people have pet bunnies!), but they are the only emergency animal hospital in my area, so they agreed to see him. I brought him in and just for them to look at him it cost $110. They say they think he might have a bowel obstruction or something like that. It can be deadly to a rabbit. They said he was also dehydrated and said they thought he was demonstrating abdominal pain, although I haven't noticed that. This is mostly just guess work though. We are just trying to treat him as if he has a bowel obstruction and see how it goes. He did poop last night. He was so frightened at the vet that he peed (which I was concerned about - he hasn't been peeing like he normally does).

He was doing really bad yesterday. He was very lethargic and not at all like his normal self, so I had to bring him to the emergency vet hospital.

So anyways, they gave me two medicines for him to take via feeding syringe and some liquid food. He LOVES the medicine. He was lapping that stuff up. He hates the liquid food though. He won't let me get it near his mouth. He freaks out. He did eat a couple of strawberries and some Timothy hay this morning. He won't touch his regular food though. I don't know why. I washed his bowl well and put brand new food in there this morning, and he still shows no interest in it.

Okay, sorry that was so lengthy. Anyways, he seems to be doing a little better this morning. Not as lethargic and, like I said, he ate a little bit. Still hasn't peed yet today.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention, so on top of that $110 to just have him seen by the vet, of course I had to pay for the medicines and the food. So the total bill was $190 - and change. I think that is outrageous. They were very nice though and of course they thought Bunny was the sweetest. :) I'm just hoping this treatment works. If not, I'm going to ask them for an antibiotic to treat an ear infection and/or a urinary tract infection, because I think it could be one of those things possibly.
Find a vet in your area that does take exotic pets, if you live near a major metropolitan area that should be easy. The last time we took Jasper in he was running a fever and looked like he was on death's doorstep, it cost us almost $500 and that was not even an emergency vet, it was the visit, treatment, labs, etc.

I think you can buy antibiotics for animals off the shelf at a pet store.

I'll have to look into that. I figure that it wouldn't hurt to put him on a short regimen of antibiotics and see if it helps him at all. I just put a big pile of timothy hay in his bowl and he's eating it, so that's a good sign. He didn't eat hardly anything yesterday and rabbits can die really quickly if they aren't functioning well.

Bunny update please.

Find a vet in your area that does take exotic pets, if you live near a major metropolitan area that should be easy. The last time we took Jasper in he was running a fever and looked like he was on death's doorstep, it cost us almost $500 and that was not even an emergency vet, it was the visit, treatment, labs, etc.

Well, I'm going to have to wait on that because after spending almost $200, I'm broke now! One of my friends thinks I'm nuts for spending that much on a rabbit that I found, but I love my bunny! :(

Bunny update please.

Well, I'm going to have to wait on that because after spending almost $200, I'm broke now! One of my friends thinks I'm nuts for spending that much on a rabbit that I found, but I love my bunny! :(
That's why you don't listen to your friends' nay saying when it comes to things that really matter to you.

Have done three hours painting today while listening to Beethoven's ninth symphony, Mahler's second symphony and Paul McCartney's, 'band on the run'. I do not usually listen to music, so it makes a nice change to listen while painting. It takes some of the strain out of it.
Beethoven and Mahler...yeh, that works for me. Paul McCartney, not so much. I'm cleaning out the attics and other places and have come across some of my old paintings. I'm kinda thinking that maybe I should take up a brush and pallet again when I retire. Do, please, post pics of your works.

I have posted some of my paintings on a thread called 'my paintings' in the arts and craft forum.
Most of them are over ten years old, because I have not painted for that long. But I have decided to try and use up eight big canvases I have and give the paintings to a hospital. So that I leave something behind me in this world. There is a project to display work in hospitals in England.
I started a large painting (six feet wide) just over a week ago and I am posting updates to in on my thread. I thought it might interest people to see the creative process underway. So I have posted photos of the picture as it develops.
Another reason for doing that is to try and commit myself to working on it because I get apathetic and despondent and start thinking it will never be any good and I will never finish it. So by sharing the process of struggling with the picture I have more reason to keep at it.

I hate it when I read a really good post late at night, and then try to find it the next day, and can't. Wahhhhhh.

I think of all of us, GW is the one most likely to survive if we are all forced to live off the land without benefit of computers, electricity, natural gas, etc

I will not survive if I cannot get my food from a supermarket. Which I think is a distinct possibility when we cannot trade with Europe, because some idiots voted to leave the EU.
You can always escape to Alaska!

yep, if the SHTF, I plan on going to live with GW.

Forum List

Back