USMB Coffee Shop IV

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Sunset over Stonehenge

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg
We just wrapped up the little party for our Hi-SET graduates and the punch went really well. Thanks for the recipe--it's a keeper everyone!

Bunny update please.

Okay, bunny update: I brought him to the vet yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately, they don't specialize in "exotic pets" (which is what they consider a bunny - can you believe that? Lots of people have pet bunnies!), but they are the only emergency animal hospital in my area, so they agreed to see him. I brought him in and just for them to look at him it cost $110. They say they think he might have a bowel obstruction or something like that. It can be deadly to a rabbit. They said he was also dehydrated and said they thought he was demonstrating abdominal pain, although I haven't noticed that. This is mostly just guess work though. We are just trying to treat him as if he has a bowel obstruction and see how it goes. He did poop last night. He was so frightened at the vet that he peed (which I was concerned about - he hasn't been peeing like he normally does).

He was doing really bad yesterday. He was very lethargic and not at all like his normal self, so I had to bring him to the emergency vet hospital.

So anyways, they gave me two medicines for him to take via feeding syringe and some liquid food. He LOVES the medicine. He was lapping that stuff up. He hates the liquid food though. He won't let me get it near his mouth. He freaks out. He did eat a couple of strawberries and some Timothy hay this morning. He won't touch his regular food though. I don't know why. I washed his bowl well and put brand new food in there this morning, and he still shows no interest in it.

Okay, sorry that was so lengthy. Anyways, he seems to be doing a little better this morning. Not as lethargic and, like I said, he ate a little bit. Still hasn't peed yet today.

Oh and I almost forgot to mention, so on top of that $110 to just have him seen by the vet, of course I had to pay for the medicines and the food. So the total bill was $190 - and change. I think that is outrageous. They were very nice though and of course they thought Bunny was the sweetest. :) I'm just hoping this treatment works. If not, I'm going to ask them for an antibiotic to treat an ear infection and/or a urinary tract infection, because I think it could be one of those things possibly.
Find a vet in your area that does take exotic pets, if you live near a major metropolitan area that should be easy. The last time we took Jasper in he was running a fever and looked like he was on death's doorstep, it cost us almost $500 and that was not even an emergency vet, it was the visit, treatment, labs, etc.

Well, I'm going to have to wait on that because after spending almost $200, I'm broke now! One of my friends thinks I'm nuts for spending that much on a rabbit that I found, but I love my bunny! :(
If you can, consult with a vet and make sure that the antibiotics you plan to use are suitable for your bunny, and what dosage works.

Of course. :) Bunny seems to be doing much better today. He isn't very active, but he is more alert and eating now. Still, he doesn't seem to be peeing much though. If he doesn't pee today, I'm going to call the vet and tell them about it. He was dehydrated they said, so maybe he is just retaining that water?

Could be but it doesn't sound good. You and bunny remain in my thoughts and sending postive vibes across the distance.

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Sunset over Stonehenge

flat,550x550,075,f.jpg
We just wrapped up the little party for our Hi-SET graduates and the punch went really well. Thanks for the recipe--it's a keeper everyone!

If I was the only one who submitted a punch recipe, you're welcome. Like I said, it's my go to for big groups.

Good morning everybody. Our monsoon has forsaken us due to another strong high pressure system over the southwest so it will be sunny, dry, and hot--high 90's--for the foreseeable future here. Have I mentioned that I hate hot weather? Already longing for frost on the pumpkin and sweater weather. But oh well. I don't have to go out and work in it any more and we have the blessing of air conditioning.

And it's Friday. Wishing we could get down to Fort Stanton this weekend but it's not in the cards. Hope everybody else has a great weekend planned too.

Today is my baby brother's 56th birthday! He was born on the hottest day of 1960, while I was born on January 29, 1957, the coldest day of that year.

I remember aspects of his birthday. I do remember the heat. I remember being watched by my maternal grandmother, who took me to the Dodge dealership while she and Grandpa inked the deal on a new 1960 Dodge Comet. Beige and boxy. I remember that Pop came to Grandma's house with a stuffed yellow Ducky, in the style of the rubber duckies played with in bathtubs. I remember wanting that damn duck.

And I remember being told to "BE QUIET!" because the baby was sleeping. After that my memories are not so vivid until two years later in October and the Cuban Missile Crisis. I remember being adorable as I imitated President Kennedy's Boston accent as I said "Cuber" as the name of that beleaguered island. When the grown ups started talking about the world blowing up, even five year olds start paying attention.

Anyway, my brother is someone I am very proud of. Thrice married, twice divorced, he has managed to keep a cheerful disposition, a helpful hand, a morally straight character, and the loyalty of a Golden Retriever. He runs the family business, in its 95th year this year. He is a mover and shaker in the community chairing committees that ran the Tri-State Pottery Festival and the All Class reunion in 2009. He hosts our weekly Game Nights where we play intricate board games well beyond Monopoly and Risk.

He's doing great and has a lovely wife and home. He's the kind of brother everyone would love to have.

Having a bad day. I cannot face painting because I can see no way forward from the stage it is at. I have worked on all the sunflowers, but I am stuck on the greenery behind them. I can't see how to paint it all in. I am thinking I will have to work on a small bit of it at a time, and not worry about finishing the whole picture.
I am almost tempted to go and get some beer and get out of my head, but I will not have had a drink for three years on the 13th of July so I guess I will have to hold on.

Having a bad day. I cannot face painting because I can see no way forward from the stage it is at. I have worked on all the sunflowers, but I am stuck on the greenery behind them. I can't see how to paint it all in. I am thinking I will have to work on a small bit of it at a time, and not worry about finishing the whole picture.
I am almost tempted to go and get some beer and get out of my head, but I will not have had a drink for three years on the 13th of July so I guess I will have to hold on.

That's good advice you gave yourself. If you can't see the solution to the big problem, then work on a smaller piece of it. And surely, you won't let a painting be the reason you break your sobriety. That might be the worst reason of all the bad reasons you might settle on to do that.

I just opened a new package of the coal-tar based psoriasis ointment I use. I noticed on the outside of the box, it says, "Gluten Free". WTF does gluten have to do with a topical ointment?

And we keep vigil for:

TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Chris and her bunny,

Sunset over Savannah

8f697803f11ce2b9a24eb9e68878d47e.jpg

8f697803f11ce2b9a24eb9e68878d47e.jpg

That's good advice you gave yourself. If you can't see the solution to the big problem, then work on a smaller piece of it. And surely, you won't let a painting be the reason you break your sobriety. That might be the worst reason of all the bad reasons you might settle on to do that.

Yus ! thanks, I survived the night without a drink. Then got up this morning at 6am and did some work on the problem. I am not sure if I can resolve it because the foliage behind the sunflowers is quite a challenge, at the moment all I have done is cover the white canvas with green, and try to give the impression of leaves. But it will need a lot more detail if it is going to look the part.

Good morning all. Hope everybody is having a good Saturday. Ringel and probably Mrs. R are at Fort Stanton today for the Civil War reenactment big deal--he is acting as a civilian I believe. Dajjal is puzzling over his greenery. Hombre and I are puzzling over what to do about our back yard, especially that pesky retaining wall plus having all the carpet and all the furniture in the great room cleaned. It would be so nice to be rich, but oh well. We can't have everything.

So what's everybody doing this weekend?

Good morning all. Hope everybody is having a good Saturday. Ringel and probably Mrs. R are at Fort Stanton today for the Civil War reenactment big deal--he is acting as a civilian I believe. Dajjal is puzzling over his greenery. Hombre and I are puzzling over what to do about our back yard, especially that pesky retaining wall plus having all the carpet and all the furniture in the great room cleaned. It would be so nice to be rich, but oh well. We can't have everything.

So what's everybody doing this weekend?

The same thing I do almost every weekend......watch TV and play video games! :p

Forum List

Back