USMB Coffee Shop IV

I get packets of ready cooked, sliced chicken breast.

I get 2 or 3 meals out of these...

View attachment 82418

That's the kind of thing I eat when I'm making my own food.
I used to get really fancy when making my own food, now I rarely do anything that requires much kitchen work.

I don't either when I'm the only one eating. But if I have somebody to cook for, I want them to like it.

If I have someone to cook for, they better like pre-cooked, microwaved frozen stuff. :)

Chicken wings, unless you buy them in a grocery store they're over priced and over hyped.
Whatever works for ya. I prefer cooking my own my way unless I get lazy then I pick up a ready made (hot) rotisserie chicken of have the occasional Marie Callenders pot pie. With the rotisserie chicken I can get two or three meals out of it then use the bones, fat, skin, etc to make a quart of chicken broth which I can use in other recipes or use to make a soup.

Years ago I used to steam chicken in a steamer along with vegetables. But I am too lazy now even to do that. So I just make cold chicken salad every day. I am not really interested in food, and mainly just eat to stay alive.

I think some people get pleasure out of cooking. Some don't. I'm one who does. Hombre is one who doesn't. So I do most of the cooking and he does a lot of the clean up. And it's all good.

Chicken wings, unless you buy them in a grocery store they're over priced and over hyped.
Whatever works for ya. I prefer cooking my own my way unless I get lazy then I pick up a ready made (hot) rotisserie chicken of have the occasional Marie Callenders pot pie. With the rotisserie chicken I can get two or three meals out of it then use the bones, fat, skin, etc to make a quart of chicken broth which I can use in other recipes or use to make a soup.

Years ago I used to steam chicken in a steamer along with vegetables. But I am too lazy now even to do that. So I just make cold chicken salad every day. I am not really interested in food, and mainly just eat to stay alive.

I think some people get pleasure out of cooking. Some don't. I'm one who does. Hombre is one who doesn't. So I do most of the cooking and he does a lot of the clean up. And it's all good.

WQ enjoys cooking and makes really yummy meals.:thup: I cook occasionally and he's always appreciative, but that's what works for us. Since my son is in Europe, I've been doing all the clean up. I like it more when I don't have to do any cooking or all of the clean up.:D

Almost ready for bed--house guest retired a bit ago. We'll all be on the road early in the morning so I probably won't post until late tomorrow. So ya'll hold the fort and play nice.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Sherry's son and his European tour group,
Boedicca's Dad,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Sunset over Amarillo TX

texas-sunset-morgu-free.jpg

Me too. I love cooking. I'm a cooking show fanatic. Lol. :)

We would get along great. :)

Howdy, y'all!
It's been awhile but I have a couple of minutes to stop by. I read a few of the newest posts but there were about 30 pages from where I last stopped by.
Between cleaning up around the place I'm staying now, and clearing trees and cutting firewood up in Willow, it's been a very busy time for me. I have a couple dozen old, rotting 800 lb round bales of hay that need gone in the first place, and lots of accumulated debris that has to be loaded and taken to the landfill. On the Willow side, all the "slash" from the trees we're cutting has to be loaded and taken to the landfill, too. It's been so hot and dry, I don't want to risk burning the stuff, which is what we'd usually do with it. I do feel much better, clearing trees and brush away from the cabin and sheds in Willow, to be sure. And, I've now put up almost five cords of firewood! The partner can sit and operate the wood-splitter, but I have had to overcome my fear of using a chainsaw. I'm very cautious, but can now lop up a good-sized tree. Of course, you might guess who's lugging all that wood back and forth and stacking it...
Another old friend and her hubby will be here next week. She's got family here and I am going to loan them my Jeep to get around in. I still have the Dodge (it's air-conditioned!!!) so I can afford to share. They live in Arizona now, since she got married and he retired. This has been a very social summer for me, so far.
Well, almost time to clock out and head off to breakfast with the partner and another buddy. All three of us work on the Willow place and we need to discuss further strategy for clearing up. This weekend, I hope to drag some of the stumps away and dispose of those, too.
Check back later!:coffee:

I can't keep up either...I am, however, getting my kitchen and the upstairs bathroom redone...Yay, I won't be ashamed of my kitchen anymore. Trust me guys, it's horrible. Plus, it's going to be much bigger. Whoever designed this house back in 1963 when it was built, made a 3,000 square foot house with about a 10 x 12 foot kitchen. Obviously it was a man as only a man back then would have designed such a small kitchen.
Hey, you saw how tiny my whole place was! Of course, when you have to cut and split firewood it's amazing how much smaller a house can be.

If I had it to do over, I wouldn't have bought such a big house. Small houses are cheaper to keep warm. I just spent $7,000 on a new furnace and almost $3000 to fix my vents under the house, we were losing almost 20% of our heat in leaks. Next year, we're living really poor to pay back all this money for our retirement.

Well today I eat steak. I am going out for lunch with my relatives. Only trouble is I am going to insist on paying, because I cannot allow my sister to pay again. So I will have to cough up for lunch for five people.

People who love to cook usually leave big messes for people who don't cook to clean up. :lol:

People who love to cook usually leave big messes for people who don't cook to clean up. :lol:

Not me. I cook and then I clean. I actually try to keep up with the cleaning while I'm cooking. I will rinse things and put them in the dishwasher. That way there isn't such a big mess after dinner. Just the dinner dishes and any pots/pans that I use.

Not me. I cook and then I clean. I actually try to keep up with the cleaning while I'm cooking. I will rinse things and put them in the dishwasher. That way there isn't such a big mess after dinner. Just the dinner dishes and any pots/pans that I use.
I clean my cast iron before I serve the meal. Measuring cups, mixing bowls etc are washed or in the dishwasher by then too.

I clean my cast iron before I serve the meal. Measuring cups, mixing bowls etc are washed or in the dishwasher by then too.
Anal retentive? :dunno:

:D

Anal retentive? :dunno:

:D
Not at all. I'm normally a slob. My kitchen lacks a lot of well lighted counter space and I need to make room for the next dish on the menu. Waiting on water to boil or a pie to bake gives me time to clean up so I can relax after eating.
I'm kind of particular about my cast iron. I clean it as soon as I plate the food. I never let it get cold before it is cleaned. That was actually a pet peeve with the ex. Was constantly scraping 2 day old food from skillets and Dutch ovens and reseasoning them.

I rinse mine in hot hot water right after I use them and give them the once over them with a sponge. I love my cast iron pans!

Heat index for me was way over 100.....then we had a big storm and it cooled into the 90's.

Forum List

Back