USMB Coffee Shop IV

I am so sleepy. So why am I still up??

Actually I think I was still up when you were Kat, but I was trying to get sleepy. Took two full movies on the DVR to finally get me to sleep last night. Don't know why I was so wired.

And good morning everybody. I thought I would share a photo I believe was taken by a friend of mine who goes to our church. He leads a ministry team that raises their own funds or uses their own money to spend a week every year in Peru distributing donated walkers and wheelchairs to poor Peruvians who could not otherwise afford these and just giving love to some of Peru's poorest people. He posted this scene of Peru's amazing Rainbow Mountains on Facebook this morning:

Well shoot it won't post. Anyhow the photo is here:
https://scontent.fsnc1-2.fna.fbcdn....=3ceb23c84fe055caab39eee14c797e2a&oe=5836DAFD

Last edited:
Are any of you doing this Pokemon Go thing? I honestly don't really get it. Why people find it so fascinating and how the pokemons get there to be captured in the first place. But we are usually the last ones to get on board with new technology stuff.

LOL. No, it's more like the modern zombie apocalypse watching these people walking slowly along walks and trails staring at their phones searching for something nobody but them can see.

I saw on the news, Amazon are looking into delivering parcels by drones. I can't see it myself. How will a drone find your address? and how will it ring the doorbell? In any case can you picture the sky of the neighbourhood full of drones. There will be all kinds of crashes and stuff. I was worried about getting run over by a driverless car, but now we have to worry about getting hit by a low flying drone.

I saw on the news, Amazon are looking into delivering parcels by drones. I can't see it myself. How will a drone find your address? and how will it ring the doorbell? In any case can you picture the sky of the neighbourhood full of drones. There will be all kinds of crashes and stuff. I was worried about getting run over by a driverless car, but now we have to worry about getting hit by a low flying drone.

Delivery companies long since stopped ringing the doorbell. :p

Some of ours do. We have a small enclosed courtyard outside the front door and sometimes they just drop it over the wall, but most put it on the porch and ring the doorbell and hightail it back to their truck.

There is some rule about not operating a drone beyond your line of sight.

Some of ours do. We have a small enclosed courtyard outside the front door and sometimes they just drop it over the wall, but most put it on the porch and ring the doorbell and hightail it back to their truck.

I haven't had a doorbell rung for a delivery in years now, except when they need a signature. They drop it at the door or, and this pisses me off, at the garage door. I had a weed whacker I bought for my employer for Christmas dropped right at our garage door where anyone walking by could see it. I'm lucky no one just sauntered down and took it.

Ok I have been told that there is no steadfast rules about changing the subject so here I go...

First and foremost I am no fashion maven. Hell all I have ever wore most of my life is Levis and Osh Kosh Bibs...

I just started wearing glasses about 10 years ago and don't even wear my prescription glasses because I find my reading glasses from Dollar General work better...

What is the story on these horn rimmed glasses everyone is wearing? If you would have tried to get someone to wear glasses like this 10 years ago you would have been laughed out of town. My Daughter is 35 years old and she has had glasses since she was 5 years old. It would have been a big NFW if these glasses had been an option. She has a pair of these glasses... 8 to 80 blind crippled or crazy, everyone has these glasses on...

Why?

Ok I have been told that there is no steadfast rules about changing the subject so here I go...

First and foremost I am no fashion maven. Hell all I have ever wore most of my life is Levis and Osh Kosh Bibs...

I just started wearing glasses about 10 years ago and don't even wear my prescription glasses because I find my reading glasses from Dollar General work better...

What is the story on these horn rimmed glasses everyone is wearing? If you would have tried to get someone to wear glasses like this 10 years ago you would have been laughed out of town. My Daughter is 35 years old and she has had glasses since she was 5 years old. It would have been a big NFW if these glasses had been an option. She has a pair of these glasses... 8 to 80 blind crippled or crazy, everyone has these glasses on...

Why?

I didn't know it was a thing.

I've been wearing glasses for decades and I've never had horn rimmed glasses. :dunno:

I didn't know it was a thing.

I've been wearing glasses for decades and I've never had horn rimmed glasses. :dunno:

Maybe I watch to much television. And I can't answer why it puts a burr under my saddle...

Answer probably is I am just getting older with each passing day...

View attachment 83142

I wear something like this :

onguard_077_prescription_safety_glasses_metal_frame_og-077.jpg

I've had some giant, ugly glasses in the past, but never horn rimmed. I haven't noticed a lot of them, either.......but I don't really go anywhere, so I wouldn't. :lol:

Forum List

Back