USMB Coffee Shop IV

The little one went to her grammy's after her karate class today. She called me a bit ago to let me know she'd be spending the night there. She said she wished she had powers to go through the phone so she could give me a hug. :huddle: That was a great break from reading my online orientation for the school I'm trying to get into! Especially considering I'm worried about whether this school is going to work out.

My mother's sister, the last survivor of that generation, is in ER with what so far looks like a mild stroke. I'll be traveling down there tomorrow and visit her in hospital Friday. Prayers much appreciated.

She'll be 97 next month.

My mother's sister, the last survivor of that generation, is in ER with what so far looks like a mild stroke. I'll be traveling down there tomorrow and visit her in hospital Friday. Prayers much appreciated.

She'll be 97 next month.

For sure Pogo. Prayers on the way.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Sherry's son and his European tour group,
Boedicca's Dad,
Pogo's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

strange_places_strange_stories_4.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Cool one Foxy!

Thanks. That is Socotra Island, inhabited and somewhat larger than Israel. Located in the Indian Ocean and is part of Yemen. Said by some to be the most alien place on Earth. Those are dragon's blood trees.

Last edited:
Ugh. Well, it's looking as though I'm not going to be able to use the school I applied to. I was attempting to register classes online today and it looks as though there are 2 that I cannot do online. Their campuses are all about a 2 hour drive away from me, and as someone who doesn't drive (and has to be at home for the little one when she isn't at school) I almost certainly can't take any classes at their campus. Between that and some required classes which don't even appear to be available, I'm expecting this to be a no-go.

That leaves me with an all-online school, which would mean I can be pretty sure I don't have to go in anywhere, but also means I won't get any grant money. I already hate this and I haven't even started a single class yet.

Took the wife for a drive yesterday just to get her out of the house and help her relax. Drove east along I 10 to Van Horn then north on Texas 54 to Guadalupe Mountains National Park and finally home via Rte 62, about 5 1/2 hours total.
You were on I 10 and didn't stop by? Hell I'm just 18 miles South...

Took the wife for a drive yesterday just to get her out of the house and help her relax. Drove east along I 10 to Van Horn then north on Texas 54 to Guadalupe Mountains National Park and finally home via Rte 62, about 5 1/2 hours total.
You were on I 10 and didn't stop by? Hell I'm just 18 miles South...
Yeah add another 1118 miles to get where I 10 is 18 miles north of you....... :D

Ugh. Well, it's looking as though I'm not going to be able to use the school I applied to. I was attempting to register classes online today and it looks as though there are 2 that I cannot do online. Their campuses are all about a 2 hour drive away from me, and as someone who doesn't drive (and has to be at home for the little one when she isn't at school) I almost certainly can't take any classes at their campus. Between that and some required classes which don't even appear to be available, I'm expecting this to be a no-go.

That leaves me with an all-online school, which would mean I can be pretty sure I don't have to go in anywhere, but also means I won't get any grant money. I already hate this and I haven't even started a single class yet.
Not good. Does your current school have counselors? Talk with them to see if any arrangements can be made. Couple of possibilities are to take the classes they offer then transfer to a school that does offer them online or take the classes not offered by your current school online somewhere else and transfer those completed credits over to the school you're in now.

Not good. Does your current school have counselors? Talk with them to see if any arrangements can be made. Couple of possibilities are to take the classes they offer then transfer to a school that does offer them online or take the classes not offered by your current school online somewhere else and transfer those completed credits over to the school you're in now.

I don't know if I can talk to them tomorrow (I don't think their office is open on Fridays) but I'll call Monday and see what I can do. There is another tech school pretty close to me. I am hoping that if I can't do an online version, I will be able to take these 2 classes at the close tech school. I could get a taxi for that, it's only a 15-20 minute drive.

Cool one Foxy!

Thanks. That is Socotra Island, inhabited and somewhat larger than Israel. Located in the Indian Ocean and is part of Yemen. Said by some to be the most alien place on Earth. Those are dragon's blood trees.

I misspoke here. Socotra Island is nowhere near as big as Israel but a lot of indigenous people do live there.

Don't give up too soon Montro. Be sure the obstacles cannot be overcome.

Good morning everybody. Now that the political conventions are over--today I think if I have to listen to one more political speech from anybody I will throw up--I thought I might alert ya'll that the world will end a week from tomorrow.

The group End Times Prophecies has declared the world will end July 29 in a chain of events prompted by an ongoing phenomenon known as a polar flip.

The good news: We can stop worrying about who will be the next President. . .

World to end July 29, says group that’s always wrong

Good morning everybody. Now that the political conventions are over--today I think if I have to listen to one more political speech from anybody I will throw up--I thought I might alert ya'll that the world will end a week from tomorrow.

The group End Times Prophecies has declared the world will end July 29 in a chain of events prompted by an ongoing phenomenon known as a polar flip.

At least I won't get any older...
Party tonight at Doc's to celebrate my birthday which is tomorrow, that I apparently won't reach.
Music will be provided by a local group called Rhythm Intervention. Gary and the boys will be back for their 3rd time at Doc Holliday's. They are definitely not your average band. Gary Hudson, the lead singer is a Rasta Man from Kingston Jamaica. The rest of the guys are redneck white boys who've been playing Southern Rock for ages. Put this all together and you get a cross of Lenyrd Skynyrd and Bob Marley and the Whalers.
Think Sweet Home Alabama with a reggae back beat.
Here's a piture I took the last time we partied with RI.
rhythm_int.png

Party tonight at Doc's to celebrate my birthday which is tomorrow, that I apparently won't reach.
Music will be provided by a local group called Rhythm Intervention. Gary and the boys will be back for their 3rd time at Doc Holliday's. They are definitely not your average band. Gary Hudson, the lead singer is a Rasta Man from Kingston Jamaica. The rest of the guys are redneck white boys who've been playing Southern Rock for ages. Put this all together and you get a cross of Lenyrd Skynyrd and Bob Marley and the Whalers.
View attachment 83571

View attachment 83571

That would be so cool. Wish I could be there.

But holy crap, Ernie. You're right. I misread the calendar. The world ends today.

I wonder what we will remember fondly and what we will regret as the big roll exterminates all life on Earth?

Forum List

Back