USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sad news. I had to put one of my two beagles, Jingles, to sleep. She was suffering from seizures that could not be controlled with medications. She went into a series of seizures that simply would not stop and the humane thing to do was to put her to sleep. She was put to sleep in my buddy's vet clinic in the very same room that she was born in 12 1/2 years ago. She was a loyal girl and in her younger days could run a rabbit almost all day long. I buried her today in the back yard in an area that she used to lay in and absorb the warm sunshine. My heart is breaking tonight. However, I know she is in a better place and no longer suffering.
If one of my pets was suffering then I would have no problem or regrets taking it to the vet for a peaceful death.

I would still cry. But nobody lives forever. Everyone dies.

Best thing is get a new pet fast.

My drinking rules allow me one binge per week either on Friday or Saturday.

upload_2016-7-30_7-29-4.png

Good morning everybody. Now that the political conventions are over--today I think if I have to listen to one more political speech from anybody I will throw up--I thought I might alert ya'll that the world will end a week from tomorrow.

The group End Times Prophecies has declared the world will end July 29 in a chain of events prompted by an ongoing phenomenon known as a polar flip.

The good news: We can stop worrying about who will be the next President. . .

World to end July 29, says group that’s always wrong
I too am now burned out on emotional patriotic political speeches.

I thought BHO's was the best. I loved the part about Hillary better qualified than Bill or himself.

I thought Bill's was second best. He is great at stand up comedy and has not lost anything. His nose is more red now.

I though Bloomberg's was 3rd best. He made a stunning appeal to Republicans and Independents. The Democrats were already in the bag.

Those are my gold, silver, and bronze.

Hillary and Chelsea did ok but they both need to work on it. Hillary is getting better though as her confidence grows and she is more comfortable in front of the crowds. Her speaking style is professorial and a lot like Walter Mondale's. She should study him some. "Where's the beef ?!"

There is no reason now for the World to end before the 2000th anniversary of Jesus' ascension -- sometime on April 17, 2033. Look for a complete eclipse of the sun in Jerusalem followed in 2 weeks by a blood red moon and then an asteroid shower. That's all we were told about it.

The 2000th anniversary of Jesus' birth was back in 1995 -- it came and went.

Y2K was a useless Gregorian calendar event.

Last edited:
Sad news. I had to put one of my two beagles, Jingles, to sleep. She was suffering from seizures that could not be controlled with medications. She went into a series of seizures that simply would not stop and the humane thing to do was to put her to sleep. She was put to sleep in my buddy's vet clinic in the very same room that she was born in 12 1/2 years ago. She was a loyal girl and in her younger days could run a rabbit almost all day long. I buried her today in the back yard in an area that she used to lay in and absorb the warm sunshine. My heart is breaking tonight. However, I know she is in a better place and no longer suffering.

You will get over it in time. It took me months to get over my birdy. But she has been gone for years now and the pain is gone. All I have left is photographs, and fond memories.

What is summer like where you are?

Hot. :p

I'm sure it's not as hot here as it is for you, Foxy, but it's plenty hot enough! Just being in the 90s is more than I want, especially when it gets humid. At least it's not as hot as it would be if I still lived in Tampa. :lol:

I understand. But hot is hot no matter where you live. I know a few people who adjust to it and enjoy the heat. Me? I would love a climate that was sweater weather year round except for maybe just a few snow days and a few hot summer days for variety.
You need to move here then.

I would love to live where you do. But we can't afford it.

Good morning everybody. Now that the political conventions are over--today I think if I have to listen to one more political speech from anybody I will throw up--I thought I might alert ya'll that the world will end a week from tomorrow.

The group End Times Prophecies has declared the world will end July 29 in a chain of events prompted by an ongoing phenomenon known as a polar flip.

I thought BHO's was the best. I loved the part about Hillary better qualified than Bill or himself.

I thought Bill's was second best. He is great at stand up comedy and has not lost anything. His nose is more red now.

I though Bloomberg's was 3rd best. He made a stunning appeal to Republicans and Independents. The Democrats were already in the bag.

Hillary and Chelsea did ok but they both need to work on it. Hillary is getting better though as her confidence grows and she is more comfortable in front of the crowds. Her speaking style is professorial and a lot like Walter Mondale's. She should study him some. "Where's the beef ?!"

There is no reason now for the World to end before the 2000th anniversary of Jesus' ascension -- sometime on April 17, 2033. Look for a complete eclipse of the sun in Jerusalem followed in 2 weeks by a blood red moon and then an asteroid shower. That's all we were told about it.

Welcome back Yios, but remember no politics or religious theology or politically controversial topics in the Coffee Shop. A general comment that specifies no particular party or persona okay, but your post is better suited for the political threads and not here. But join right in on any other.

Last edited:

Welcome back Yios, but remember no politics or religious theology or politically controversial topics in the Coffee Shop. A general comment that specifies no particular party or persona okay, but your post is better suited for the political threads and not here. But join right in on any other.
Ok sorry.

I am still learning the multi tiered complex rules here.

I'm sure it's not as hot here as it is for you, Foxy, but it's plenty hot enough! Just being in the 90s is more than I want, especially when it gets humid. At least it's not as hot as it would be if I still lived in Tampa. :lol:

I understand. But hot is hot no matter where you live. I know a few people who adjust to it and enjoy the heat. Me? I would love a climate that was sweater weather year round except for maybe just a few snow days and a few hot summer days for variety.

Merry Olde England is cold and windy and damp and crowded with lots of poverty and panhandlers.

Unless you went to Ox-Bridge (Oxford or Cambridge) it is really hard to find a job there.

You DON'T want to live there trust me.

I have travelled to Europe plenty of times and hired people over there and they stand in very long lines for interviews. It always breaks my heart that I cannot hire all of them.

Not like NYC or Chicago or Houston or LA or SF where there are lots of jobs.

Ok sorry.

I am still learning the multi tiered complex rules here.

Understood and no biggee. Thanks for understanding. Just read over the OP as a refresher of what the Coffee Shop is all about and stick to topics that people usually don't fight about and it's all good. Doesn't mean we can't disagree on this or that. :)

Foxy, my son is safely home on American soil. Thanks for the good thoughts.:)
Wow!

"Your not the boss of me ..." there's a song like this from the early 1960's too -- early feminism before it was cool:

I love music from the 50's and 60's and most of the 70's, some of the 80's, after that not so much. (Don't read this Montrovant. :))

To Yios: taste in music is one of those things some of us disagree on. Montro doesn't appreciate my opinion of modern day music. But we love each other in the Coffee Shop. :)

Last edited:
Wow!

"Your not the boss of me ..." there's a song like this from the early 1960's too -- early feminism before it was cool:

I love music from the 50's and 60's and most of the 70's, some of the 80's, after that not so much. (Don't read this Montrovant. :))

To Yios: taste in music is one of those things some of us disagree on. Montro doesn't appreciate my opinion of modern day music. But we love each other in the Coffee Shop. :)

It's OK MamaFox! I love you even when you're wrong. :lol:

Wow!

It's OK MamaFox! I love you even when you're wrong. :lol:

Thank you dear. That's reassuring on the theory that I'm wrong more than I want to admit. :)

I hear ya. I can't afford it either, but I'm hanging in here as long as I can. And when I can't anymore due to the high prices, I will live in my van. I ain't budging from this area. I know it too well, know hiding spots to park, my docs are here, and this is where I will die if I can manage it.

Forum List

Back