USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sad news. I had to put one of my two beagles, Jingles, to sleep. She was suffering from seizures that could not be controlled with medications. She went into a series of seizures that simply would not stop and the humane thing to do was to put her to sleep. She was put to sleep in my buddy's vet clinic in the very same room that she was born in 12 1/2 years ago. She was a loyal girl and in her younger days could run a rabbit almost all day long. I buried her today in the back yard in an area that she used to lay in and absorb the warm sunshine. My heart is breaking tonight. However, I know she is in a better place and no longer suffering.

Sad news. I had to put one of my two beagles, Jingles, to sleep. She was suffering from seizures that could not be controlled with medications. She went into a series of seizures that simply would not stop and the humane thing to do was to put her to sleep. She was put to sleep in my buddy's vet clinic in the very same room that she was born in 12 1/2 years ago. She was a loyal girl and in her younger days could run a rabbit almost all day long. I buried her today in the back yard in an area that she used to lay in and absorb the warm sunshine. My heart is breaking tonight. However, I know she is in a better place and no longer suffering.
My prayers are with you and yours.

Ugh. Well, it's looking as though I'm not going to be able to use the school I applied to. I was attempting to register classes online today and it looks as though there are 2 that I cannot do online. Their campuses are all about a 2 hour drive away from me, and as someone who doesn't drive (and has to be at home for the little one when she isn't at school) I almost certainly can't take any classes at their campus. Between that and some required classes which don't even appear to be available, I'm expecting this to be a no-go.

That leaves me with an all-online school, which would mean I can be pretty sure I don't have to go in anywhere, but also means I won't get any grant money. I already hate this and I haven't even started a single class yet.

Yes, but have already learned stuff.

That would be so cool. Wish I could be there.

But holy crap, Ernie. You're right. I misread the calendar. The world ends today.

I wonder what we will remember fondly and what we will regret as the big roll exterminates all life on Earth?

No, it will not end today. I broke the shifter lever. :(

But holy crap, Ernie. You're right. I misread the calendar. The world ends today.

I wonder what we will remember fondly and what we will regret as the big roll exterminates all life on Earth?

I would say that a dildo would have been cheaper but we don't want to go there in the Coffee Shop....... :dunno:
Uuuummmm, dagnabbit!!!

So sorry BBD. Those of us who have had to put down our beloved fur friends know what you are feeling. Wish there was something more we could do than just care. Sending you a hug across the miles.

Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Sherry's son and his European tour group,
Boedicca's Dad,
Pogo's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And thinking of BigBlackDog and Mrs. BBD in the loss of their beloved Jingles today.

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, 007, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

RAINBOW%2BBRIDGE.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Sherry's son and his European tour group,
Boedicca's Dad,
Pogo's aunt,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,
And thinking of BigBlackDog and Mrs. BBD in the loss of their beloved Jingles today.

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, 007, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

RAINBOW%2BBRIDGE.jpg

L♥ve L♥ve this pic.

Yes. Gracie did the same thing. Non stop grand mals. She was seizing as they were prepping her for the meds that would still her heart. She howled. Until the bitter end. It was not a peaceful ending. Broke my heart too. Never experienced anything like that in my life and hope never to again. But...she is now at peace and eventually...I will be too. Someday.

My condolences to you. I know exactly how you feel. Seizures are awful to witness.

Meanwhile....my good friend had to put her dog down too, day before yesterday. Molly was 14. Sigh. As Tariel said in The Hobbit: Why does it hurt so much?
Elf King: Because the love was real.

Anyway....so I don't get all upset all over again feeling your pain.....

I had to go to the dermatologist a couple of days ago to see what the heck is going on with my eyelid. The same eye that I am having the cataract surgery on August 10th. I think I have a light case of psoriasis on the lid..and he won't do the surgery if the clockwork orange eyeglasses can't clamp on to keep my eyelids open. The gal said to just put some hydrocortisone on it. I haven't, but its better.

Meanwhile, she looked at the spots on my forearms...which I thought were just patches of psoriasis (and still do) but she said they looked pre- cancerous and dragged out the freeze squirter thingy. I said "well hell. I guess you are going to go all ghost busterish on me now with your proton zapper, eh?" and she laughed and said just a few. A few my ass! At least 8 on one arm, 3 on the other including a scrape I got from gardening that she froze that didn't need freezing since it was just a scrape from the planter, then there was one under my one boob and she asked if I could handle it "sting" and I lifted my whole blouse bra and all so she could see the scar where the other boob used to be and said "if I can handle this, I can handle that. Proton Phase me, baby" and she laughed again and zapped it good. Then just one more big black one on my thigh. That is the one I am a tad worried about but she said if the proton phaser didn't work, she would carve it out next month when I go back.

So now I have 3 umbrellas in the back yard and I am bumming out that I can no longer let the sun kiss me. I'm gonna be all fish belly white from now on I guess. That sucks. I have a great tan. :(

What is summer like where you are?

Hot. :p

I'm sure it's not as hot here as it is for you, Foxy, but it's plenty hot enough! Just being in the 90s is more than I want, especially when it gets humid. At least it's not as hot as it would be if I still lived in Tampa. :lol:

I understand. But hot is hot no matter where you live. I know a few people who adjust to it and enjoy the heat. Me? I would love a climate that was sweater weather year round except for maybe just a few snow days and a few hot summer days for variety.
You need to move here then.

I was going to go drinking around 9 pm Friday nite however I worked all night instead and have a meeting with a client at 8 a.m. Saturday morning (today).

I'll sleep the all-nighter off tomorrow morning and afternoon and then go drinking Saturday nite.

My drinking rules allow me one binge per week either on Friday or Saturday.

I would say that a dildo would have been cheaper but we don't want to go there in the Coffee Shop....... :dunno:
Uuuummmm, dagnabbit!!!
A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do.

If however you are a guy then you are doing it all wrong.

Forum List

Back