USMB Coffee Shop IV

I didn't know it was a thing.

I've been wearing glasses for decades and I've never had horn rimmed glasses. :dunno:

Maybe I watch to much television. And I can't answer why it puts a burr under my saddle...

Answer probably is I am just getting older with each passing day...

View attachment 83142
Maybe these will help.

coke-bottle-glasses.jpg

:dunno:

I hope this poor little pooch at least got a dog biscuit for his hard day's work modelling for the camera.

I saw on the news, Amazon are looking into delivering parcels by drones. I can't see it myself. How will a drone find your address? and how will it ring the doorbell? In any case can you picture the sky of the neighbourhood full of drones. There will be all kinds of crashes and stuff. I was worried about getting run over by a driverless car, but now we have to worry about getting hit by a low flying drone.

There is some rule about not operating a drone beyond your line of sight.

Maybe they are thinking of programming drones to read Google earth maps, and find their way around with a camera.

Ok I have been told that there is no steadfast rules about changing the subject so here I go...

You changed the subject ? That was my subject. Well no matter. As it happens I use cheap glasses I purchased in a corner shop in preference to my prescription glasses. The cheap ones focus at close up and far distance, but the prescription glasses have a limited focus range. I cannot watch television with my prescription reading glasses as they only focus about a foot in front of my face.

Since there really isn't any "subject" in the Coffee Shop, any topic suitable for reasonably polite adult company is fair game. But I really haven't given any thought to eyeglass fashion in a long time. My glasses have fairly thin gold rims and are very light so I am never aware I'm wearing them unless the get really dirty that does seem to happen a lot. But I do like this look:

stock-photo-happy-nerdy-man-is-showing-thumb-up-nerdy-man-giving-thumb-up-307399466.jpg

I hope this poor little pooch at least got a dog biscuit for his hard day's work modelling for the camera.

Welcome to the Coffee Shop yiostheoy, though we're going to have a tough time coming up with a nickname for you I think. :) Anyhow join right in. All friendly folk are welcome here.

Your first timers complimentary beverage:

055_chic-Delici-Night-drink-0208-md-xl.jpg

Last edited:
Good night darlinks. I really do love you guys.

And we keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
TK, and TK's grandma,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Sixfoot's bad back,
Rod, GW's partner,
IamwhatIseem's bad hip,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Sherry's son and his European tour group,
Boedicca's Dad,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, BBD, Spoonman, 007, BigBlackDog, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Sunrise over the Sandias:

5279911387_913aee3db3_z.jpg

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Insert greeting here ______________

Press appropriate button for your beverage of choice.

Insert bills there or credit/debit card here.

Thank you for your personal interaction.

I was just checking the calendar. Just 150 shopping days until Christmas and just 104 days until the current election season is blessedly over. And no, that isn't an invitation to talk politics in the Coffee Shop. It is an honest opinion that I am so ready for the current election season to be over. :)

Also, there are only 56 days left of summer and I am so ready for Fall. And we are down to maybe 6 weeks that we will have our mini dachshund living with us. I have mixed emotions about that--will miss her, but will be so happy when her human companion is able to return home.

And speaking of anticipating things, The Albuquerque Journal is featuring a large photo of one of our local supermarkets setting up their chile roaster in advance of the first of this year's green chile crop arriving in a couple of days.

Matt-Romero-roasting-chiles-at-Santa-Fe-Farmers-Market-photo-Steve-Collins1.jpg

This is a small hand cranked one. Most are huge and are motorized. Green chile is big business in New Mexico.

What is summer like where you are?

Hot. :p

I'm sure it's not as hot here as it is for you, Foxy, but it's plenty hot enough! Just being in the 90s is more than I want, especially when it gets humid. At least it's not as hot as it would be if I still lived in Tampa. :lol:

I understand. But hot is hot no matter where you live. I know a few people who adjust to it and enjoy the heat. Me? I would love a climate that was sweater weather year round except for maybe just a few snow days and a few hot summer days for variety.

I saw in the papers the latest invader from abroad is fire ants. They are apparently building huge nests stretching miles. I was already pissed off because of the invasion of poisonous spiders (not that I have seen one yet).

I saw in the papers the latest invader from abroad is fire ants. They are apparently building huge nests stretching miles. I was already pissed off because of the invasion of poisonous spiders (not that I have seen one yet).

Oh wow. How did fire ants make it all the way to England? Nasty little buggers they are but I thought they were a problem mostly for the Americas and the warmer climes at that.

Oh wow. How did fire ants make it all the way to England? Nasty little buggers they are but I thought they were a problem mostly for the Americas and the warmer climes at that.

Apparently they hitched a ride on imported plants.

I understand. But hot is hot no matter where you live. I know a few people who adjust to it and enjoy the heat. Me? I would love a climate that was sweater weather year round except for maybe just a few snow days and a few hot summer days for variety.

Living in Hawaii for as many years as I have, I am here to testify that there probably is no where with better weather. That being said it does get boring and on occasion a nice thunderstorm would really be nice and the occasional snowstorm to kill the cockroaches and thin out the massive parking lots they call highways over there...

Living in Hawaii for as many years as I have, I am here to testify that there probably is no where with better weather. That being said it does get boring and on occasion a nice thunderstorm would really be nice and the occasional snowstorm to kill the cockroaches and thin out the massive parking lots they call highways over there...
If you want to no longer think it's boring I'd recommend spending a few months on Kwajalein or Wake....... :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back