USMB Coffee Shop IV

Yeah..I hear ya about the close endings of TWO. Gracie first...then Pretties less than 6 months later. Actually, more like 3 months. Not fun. Heartbreaking, actually. But like you said...the living needs us still. I have Karma and Moki. And Moki goes to the vet tomorrow because I found a huge hard lump the size of a golfball under his tail on the left side of his anus. Rock hard, too. And BIG. I never noticed because I don't make a habit of looking at his butthole but I gave him a bath yesterday and thats when I found it. He is 13, so lumpy bumpy dogs are usual but this thing is BIG. It doesn't seem to hurt him though. Still..I want it checked out before we leave here and find a new vet.
I sure hope Moki's lump isn't serious. Maybe a severely impacted anal gland?
A couple of years ago, my Bullmastiff suddenly quit eating. I took her to the vet and was informed that she had lymphoma (?), a particularly virulent type. It was a Friday afternoon and I at first considered bringing her home for the weekend, let everyone say goodbye. But, the way things were going with her, she would have been dead by Monday, so I had them put her to sleep right then. Why draw out the pain and suffering.
At any rate, old-lady-cat passed on this morning. She just laid down and drifted off. That's two (18-yr-old dog and a cat I've had for 21 years) gone in a week and a half. I just have nothing left to cry. This coming weekend, I'll build the proper container and see OLC joins the others who have gone before her.
Good luck with Moki!
I'm so sorry about Old Lady Cat, GW. So sorry. But I am glad it was a peaceful end for her. I'm sorry it is not so peaceful for you right now.:smiliehug:
Thank you for your consideration, Gracie. 'Specially since things are so tough for you right now. On top of everything else, you're also dealing with Moki and Mr. G's illness, too.

By golly I never looked at it like this.

14100308_10153699220776759_7952067722810833577_n.jpg

MrG is feeling better, thank goodness. Doing this all by myself is a tad overwhelming.
So, I chain smoked and came up with the idea of letting moki have softer stools...which will keep him around longer. Broached the idea to the vet and to MrG and they said "great idea!". So..that is the plan. I figure if we are lucky, we will have him a few more months...maybe. As long as he is not hurting and is eating, drinking and enjoying his walks...we will continue to do this. But I already put a call in to Gracie to stick close by the gate with the gang..cuz her besty will be along soon.

I feel for you though. Being an empath..I can feel your pain. I wish I could soothe it.

Yeah..I hear ya about the close endings of TWO. Gracie first...then Pretties less than 6 months later. Actually, more like 3 months. Not fun. Heartbreaking, actually. But like you said...the living needs us still. I have Karma and Moki. And Moki goes to the vet tomorrow because I found a huge hard lump the size of a golfball under his tail on the left side of his anus. Rock hard, too. And BIG. I never noticed because I don't make a habit of looking at his butthole but I gave him a bath yesterday and thats when I found it. He is 13, so lumpy bumpy dogs are usual but this thing is BIG. It doesn't seem to hurt him though. Still..I want it checked out before we leave here and find a new vet.
I sure hope Moki's lump isn't serious. Maybe a severely impacted anal gland?
A couple of years ago, my Bullmastiff suddenly quit eating. I took her to the vet and was informed that she had lymphoma (?), a particularly virulent type. It was a Friday afternoon and I at first considered bringing her home for the weekend, let everyone say goodbye. But, the way things were going with her, she would have been dead by Monday, so I had them put her to sleep right then. Why draw out the pain and suffering.
At any rate, old-lady-cat passed on this morning. She just laid down and drifted off. That's two (18-yr-old dog and a cat I've had for 21 years) gone in a week and a half. I just have nothing left to cry. This coming weekend, I'll build the proper container and see OLC joins the others who have gone before her.
Good luck with Moki!

Oh GW. Well at least the wait is over. What love they must have enjoyed to have lived so long. I believe they take it with them. Wish I could give you a hug in person.
huddle.gif

MrG is feeling better, thank goodness. Doing this all by myself is a tad overwhelming.
So, I chain smoked and came up with the idea of letting moki have softer stools...which will keep him around longer. Broached the idea to the vet and to MrG and they said "great idea!". So..that is the plan. I figure if we are lucky, we will have him a few more months...maybe. As long as he is not hurting and is eating, drinking and enjoying his walks...we will continue to do this. But I already put a call in to Gracie to stick close by the gate with the gang..cuz her besty will be along soon.

I feel for you though. Being an empath..I can feel your pain. I wish I could soothe it.
huddle.gif

Another change of plans. Vet just called and we had a deep convo. Moki is in for some hard times because this is an aggressive cancer. Even giving him stool softeners is not going to stop it from completely shutting off being able to poop and the pressure this tumor will create will "not be pleasant" for him. So...I asked if he would send him off to Rainbow Bridge in a week or so and he said yes...because it is the humane thing to do considering his age and that huge tumor on his anus. So....Moki will be going to Gracie sometime around the 12th of September. We hate doing it, but he (the vet) agreed it would be the best thing and most peaceful thing to do.

Two empaths, we must be something! I knew both Uschi and OLC were on their way out when they quit eating and drinking. They must know something we don't. I just hope things go as smoothly when my time comes.

Someone banged on my door at 4am last night. I don't know who it was because naturally, I did not open the door. But paranoia made me think someone is trying to get in and steal my gold.

That may be a downside to having a lot of valuables in your home.

My flat is practically impregnable, with two locked doors between me and the street, and windows that are difficult to access as they need a ladder to reach them. I will not open the door without looking out of the window first, and I certainly ain't going to answer it at 4 am.
Wait, you don't have a .44 in your bathrobe pocket when you answer the door?

No, only criminals have guns in England. The only hand gun I can legally own is an antique, and after tonight I am seriously considering getting one. Because believe it or not I was woken up again by someone knocking on my door at 4am again. I was not alert enough to go to the window, so once again I did not see anyone.
But now I do think someone is after me.
There were scaffolders over the road outside when the man came to deliver my gold and he said "here are your eight gold sovereigns" In a voice loud enough to be overheard.
I am now thinking what kind of stupid arsehole comes to the door on two successive nights at 4 am and just goes away when you don't answer. If that's all they do its no problem. But I am thinking I might get a visit in daylight.
I am expecting a parcel from amazon so I have got to answer the door during the day. But I am going to look out of the window first to see who it is. If its a masked gunman I won't answer, Ha Ha.

Ha, I just checked my email and amazon sent me a message telling me my parcel is due on Friday and it's coming by mail. That means I can look out of the window and see the mailman. I am not answering the door to anyone else for the foreseeable future, and I am going to keep my eyes open when I go out to the shops in case someone is watching. But I wish I could legally own a gun. The only viable gun I can get is an antique percussion revolver, and you cannot get percussion nipples in England. Added to that they are difficult to load. You need a matching bullet mold to make a tight fitting ball, and if you don't seal the gunpowder down tightly enough the chambers can flash over from one to the next, and the gun will explode in your face and blow off your hand.
I would prefer a double barreled flintlock but they are very expensive. I would probably have to sell my gold coins to buy one.

I am stressing out big time. MrG and I are now arguing because he wants to bury Moki in the backyard under the tree. Its killing me to know he will be out there alone. And us gone. We are all supposed to be together. TOGETHER. Moki's ashes with Gracie's. Then when Karma goes..hers added. Then mine if I go before MrG, or MrG's if he goes before me. And when all of us are together, the inlaws dump us all together either in the ocean or in a flowering field with a stream. I can't bear the thought of Moki staying here. Alone.

Ha, I just checked my email and amazon sent me a message telling me my parcel is due on Friday and it's coming by mail. That means I can look out of the window and see the mailman. I am not answering the door to anyone else for the foreseeable future, and I am going to keep my eyes open when I go out to the shops in case someone is watching. But I wish I could legally own a gun. The only viable gun I can get is an antique percussion revolver, and you cannot get percussion nipples in England. Added to that they are difficult to load. You need a matching bullet mold to make a tight fitting ball, and if you don't seal the gunpowder down tightly enough the chambers can flash over from one to the next, and the gun will explode in your face and blow off your hand.
I would prefer a double barreled flintlock but they are very expensive. I would probably have to sell my gold coins to buy one.

:) It is a problem for sure. :)

Forum List

Back