USMB Coffee Shop IV

Just checking in about Old Lady Cat, gallantwarrior. Did you open the door? Is she doing the same thing in wanting out? And mainly, how are YOU this morning with this hardship you are dealing with?
First try, it was raining. She's not fond of rain. So she came back. Second try, she spent a couple of hours in the woods nearby, but came back. Right now, she's hovering over her food dish and I'll probably try to get her to eat. When I go back to town this afternoon, I will take her with me. She's just decided to cuddle up to the partner on the sofa. Maybe one more try outside before I leave? The rain is screwing things up for her, I think.
How's your move going? Are your puppies responding to their changes much?

The little one is still sick. :(

She went to the doctor yesterday. He apparently feels it is something viral and basically needs to be waited out; keep her well hydrated and comfortable, but there isn't much in the way of medicine to give her. She felt better last night and again this morning, so her mom sent her to school. She came home a bit before 1 today having once again thrown up at school. Right now she's napping in mommy's bed. She had a 100.2 temperature when I checked after she got home, so she got a dose of ibuprofen.

She just can't seem to shake this sickness. More than just the sickness, she's now missed the last 3 days of school, her first soccer practice is tonight (and her dad wants to get her on Friday before practice, so she's probably going to miss that one) and she's supposed to be going to Disney next week. She needs to be healthy for that, of course, but it also will mean missing some days of school, so her quota of missed days for this school year may almost be filled already.

Unfortunately there isn't really much I can do for her. :(
Be there and be patient. Is there some way to make up for missed days?

She went to the doctor yesterday. He apparently feels it is something viral and basically needs to be waited out; keep her well hydrated and comfortable, but there isn't much in the way of medicine to give her. She felt better last night and again this morning, so her mom sent her to school. She came home a bit before 1 today having once again thrown up at school. Right now she's napping in mommy's bed. She had a 100.2 temperature when I checked after she got home, so she got a dose of ibuprofen.

She just can't seem to shake this sickness. More than just the sickness, she's now missed the last 3 days of school, her first soccer practice is tonight (and her dad wants to get her on Friday before practice, so she's probably going to miss that one) and she's supposed to be going to Disney next week. She needs to be healthy for that, of course, but it also will mean missing some days of school, so her quota of missed days for this school year may almost be filled already.

We're doing her homework now, but I believe there is a minimum attendance requirement that might not be something she can make up, other than with Summer school. I certainly don't want her to have to do that, especially since she does well in school.

She's nowhere near that now, I just worry about her missing more days as the year progresses, say if she goes through more illnesses.

Last edited:
Just checking in about Old Lady Cat, gallantwarrior. Did you open the door? Is she doing the same thing in wanting out? And mainly, how are YOU this morning with this hardship you are dealing with?
First try, it was raining. She's not fond of rain. So she came back. Second try, she spent a couple of hours in the woods nearby, but came back. Right now, she's hovering over her food dish and I'll probably try to get her to eat. When I go back to town this afternoon, I will take her with me. She's just decided to cuddle up to the partner on the sofa. Maybe one more try outside before I leave? The rain is screwing things up for her, I think.
Maybe she is trying to get back "home"? You said every time she is in one place, she wants to head west. Is the other place you have west of where you are now? This bears more investigation. If she eats...she is not ready yet after all?

I had to laugh at this. It is also true of the computer, the digital camera, the new phones in the house, the new cell phone, and trying to program the cook time on the new stove.

14051803_10154043810093227_4571658011858183457_n.jpg

I had to laugh at this. It is also true of the computer, the digital camera, the new phones in the house, the new cell phone, and trying to program the cook time on the new stove.

14051803_10154043810093227_4571658011858183457_n.jpg

The only piece of technology the little one is likely to understand at all better than me is a cell phone, and that's because I almost never do anything with a cell phone. I've probably picked one up less than a dozen times this year, and actually attempted to use one fewer times than that. :lol:

We're doing her homework now, but I believe there is a minimum attendance requirement that might not be something she can make up, other than with Summer school. I certainly don't want her to have to do that, especially since she does well in school.

She's nowhere near that now, I just worry about her missing more days as the year progresses, say if she goes through more illnesses.
Hopefully, she'll get better swiftly and won't miss too much school. For kids who like school, missing a day is a disaster. My granddaughters are like that.

Maybe she is trying to get back "home"? You said every time she is in one place, she wants to head west. Is the other place you have west of where you are now? This bears more investigation. If she eats...she is not ready yet after all?
She hasn't eaten for days now. Nothing even gets her interest and I've stopped forcing water on her, too. I let her out twice this morning. The first time it was raining and she wanted back in the house pretty quickly. The second time, she spent over an hour, plodding in the wet brush. She laid down a couple of times but eventually came back to the house. I brought her in and wrapped her in a towel to warm and dry her. She's been quiet since then. I guess maybe she changed her mind, or she just wanted to be outside for a while. She's resting on the sofa right now. It's like watching a clock wind down. I went through this less than two weeks ago with my little dog. I am thankful for the 18 years with the dog and the 21 years with 'old lady cat'.

So, I come home this afternoon and my new (baby) buck is out with the ladies, again. This little fellow is a major escape artist, especially with the does cycling in and out of heat. I was going to refrain from breeding this year in anticipation of moving then entire herd next spring. I'm not sure how many does this little fella has bred, but there's one for sure, as he was busily executing his duty with Sugah when I got here. Damned horny goats!

Still wishing peaceful ending for Old Lady and you able to deal with it in a peaceful way for yourself. And I didn't know about your little dog furchild passing. I'm sorry I missed reading about it. You have my condolences for that. :(

Still wishing peaceful ending for Old Lady and you able to deal with it in a peaceful way for yourself. And I didn't know about your little dog furchild passing. I'm sorry I missed reading about it. You have my condolences for that. :(
Ah, yup...my mini-doxie passed two weeks ago this Sat. She's been laid to rest next to 'big dog', Aja, my bullmastiff with whom Uschi grew up. Little dog never knew she wasn't a big dog. It's pretty rough, both old timers passing so close. I have an elderly milk doe (goat) who I expect to pass soon, as well. The living require my attention, though. Life goes on, and nothing lives forever. It's the quality of our lives, not the quantity, I suppose.

Yeah..I hear ya about the close endings of TWO. Gracie first...then Pretties less than 6 months later. Actually, more like 3 months. Not fun. Heartbreaking, actually. But like you said...the living needs us still. I have Karma and Moki. And Moki goes to the vet tomorrow because I found a huge hard lump the size of a golfball under his tail on the left side of his anus. Rock hard, too. And BIG. I never noticed because I don't make a habit of looking at his butthole but I gave him a bath yesterday and thats when I found it. He is 13, so lumpy bumpy dogs are usual but this thing is BIG. It doesn't seem to hurt him though. Still..I want it checked out before we leave here and find a new vet.

Hopefully, she'll get better swiftly and won't miss too much school. For kids who like school, missing a day is a disaster. My granddaughters are like that.

She was feverish again this morning apparently. Mom told me she's taking her to the doctor again before she went to work. The little one is still asleep in mommy's bed right now. I'm probably going to head back to sleep myself soon, but I may go sleep in there in case she wakes up in distress. That room is on the other side of the house.

Looks like the little one has strep. I talked to her mom a few minutes ago, they are picking up a prescription now.

It's good to have a definitive diagnosis. Hopefully she can take some antibiotics, get better, and get back to school. And, of course, be ready for their Disney trip in a week.

Someone banged on my door at 4am last night. I don't know who it was because naturally, I did not open the door. But paranoia made me think someone is trying to get in and steal my gold.

Forum List

Back