USMB Coffee Shop IV

There was a woman who was absolutely crazy for the Beatles. She couldn't get enough of the Fab Four. So she decided to have images of the Beatles tattooed on her. She wanted John Lennon's profile tattooed on the inner portion of her left upper thigh. Paul McCartney would grace her right upper thigh.

the tattoo artist said "Ma'am, I've heard stranger things than that! Slip out of your jeans and hop up on the table."

An hour and a half later after the electric needle and considerable pain, the tattoo artist applied dressings to the new tattoos and told the woman, "Now, keep them clean and dry. Three days from now we'll remove the dressings and see how they turned out."

72 hours later the woman returned to the tattoo parlor, removed her jeans and jumped up on the table. The tattoo artist carefully removed the dressings and handed her a hand mirror.

"What the hell did you do?!?" exclaimed the woman upon initial inspection. "This was supposed to be John Lennon's face! and this! Paul was the cute one! Have you ever seen a picture of Paul McCartney?"

The tattoo artist was perplexed at best. He called over an old drunk who was getting a Woody Woodpecker with a cigar tattooed onto his shoulder.

"Buddy," the tattoo artist began "Take a look between this woman's legs and tell me who you see."

The drunk squinted up into the woman's crotch and said, "I can't place the face on the left. And I don't know that fella on the right. But the one in the middle, with the beard and the bad breath. That's Willie Nelson, right?"

Got more Gold coins today. I am confident it will go up in value. So its better than leaving your money in the bank with no interest.
OK for you. Last week, I invested in a John Deere 410, with a custom boom mounted on top! Worth its weight in gold in these parts, I assure you.
View attachment 86464

I think not, I realize you are just using a figure of speech. Because If you got the value of the weight of a vehicle like that in gold it would probably make you the richest man in the world.
We estimate around 18,000 lbs (close to 8.100 kg), so, yeah, you're probably right. Would I mind having that much gold? Well, I certainly could not use it unless I converted it into the proper equipment, etc.

Well I paid £275 each for Gold coins weighing 8 grams. So you do the maths.

I did the math. :p

It would be about 345 million dollars or 265 million pounds. Not even close to richest person in the world, but very, very rich. ;)

My "Old Lady" cat is probably dying. She's not eating and takes water only when I provide it with a syringe (after she sits by the water dish and howls). So soon after the loss of my doxie (Uschi), this is going to cause great pain. But, after so many beloved fur-kids, I do recognize the signs, regardless of how much I would prefer to ignore those signs. She's still cuddling and loving, but...
I'm so sorry, GW. I think Old Lady is asking you to send her off to Rainbow Bridge and needs the help to do it. I know its going to suck awful bad. But...a quick send off is better than starving to death and howling, yes? Sending Gracie off was the worst thing ever. I was ever so close to following her. MrG kept an eyeball on me real hard for a couple of weeks and hid my gun. It was that bad. I dread when it is Karma's time. Dread it. But..I will do to her what I did to Gracie because I love them so much. And..I know they will be there ahead of me to greet me when some kind soul does for me what I did for them. No suffering. Just...peace.

You have my prayers and condolences.

And, GW...I wish we were younger. We COULD clear trees from 200 acres, build tiny cabins for you to rent out, and in general do what we have always done with properties we managed or rented ourselves. Improve. Add value to. Work labor and no aches or pains. But...we aren't, and we can't. :(

To be honest, I pondered on whether to give her a wide berth with that name. I thought "oh no. Another bible thumper looking for a box to stand on beside the other one that thinks USMB is a church and we all need saved". But after reading her posts, she seems like a nice lady. Still...what do I call her when I address her? Insane? Jesus? I4J? It all sounds unapproachable.

JMHO

ScottishLass? ScotlandGal? LadyLass? Anything but what she has. But again...JMHO.
Ah, cut some slack, Gracie! We don't stand on soap boxes in the CS, and everyone needs a place to just be a regular 'joe'. How's the transition progressing?
It's ok. When I see her post now, and to remember her name she said to call her...Ella Fitzgerald! Ella! And that was one of my swing moods, which hits me often. Doing a bit better now though. No telling what tomorrow will bring, so if I am MIA, I'm grumpy and watching tv, lol.

OK, I'll be able to give it one effort here, for now.
My "Old Lady" cat is probably dying. She's not eating and takes water only when I provide it with a syringe (after she sits by the water dish and howls). So soon after the loss of my doxie (Uschi), this is going to cause great pain. But, after so many beloved fur-kids, I do recognize the signs, regardless of how much I would prefer to ignore those signs. She's still cuddling and loving, but...
Gracie, I'm so sorry to witness your travails and wish there were some way to make them easier. But, who knows why things happen and whether the outcome has no special meaning. Still, my heart is with you and you know you have a home, regardless of the climate. Hell, based on this last summer and the last couple of winters, we might be able to grow tomatoes without a greenhouse soon!

Oh so sorry GW. That is so hard especially when you are still dealing with Uschi. Sending you a hug across the miles.

I was going to tell you about the trip from the 7th Ranch Campground in Garyowen, MT (close to the Custer Battlefield) but before I do I want to tell you about Steven C. Adelson. He is the ranger we listened to tell the story of the Custer battle on Last Stand Hill at the Custer Battlefield. He is the most remarkable story teller I have ever listened to. He's written a book called "Little Bighorn - Voices from a Distant Wind and this book comes with a DVD that has recorded his talk he gives concerning the events at the battle at the Custer Battlefield. I highly recommend it and I know you will truly enjoy watching the DVD. I have watched it several times since I have been home. Now, back to the trip from the 7th Ranch Campground to the campground at Three Forks, MT...

Not a bad drive. Fairly scenic as a matter of fact. We pulled into the campground at Three Forks and were almost immediately greeted by rabbits! Black rabbits. I don't know how many black rabbits roam around this campground but I counted a group of six at one sighting and there were always more. As it turns out, the lady that owns the campground turns them loose in the early spring and collects them in the late fall so they can be housed for the winter months. They just hop around and do what rabbits do. They are not wild but they won't let you catch them by hand. I guess it their way of keeping the grass mowed or just one of the odd things you see at campgrounds. Our campground was very busy with folks coming and going daily. We stayed here for 5 days and made day trips to various places. Our first day trip was to Yellowstone and to see Old Faithful. What a sight it was. The ground shook. There was a loud rumble and then the water and steam shot up into the air higher that the trees. I was impressed. We rode around Yellowstone taking it all in and the only wild life we saw was elks. Saw lots of elks but no bears, buffalo, or anything else. Just elks. Got some nice photos of them. Yellowstone was a pretty place but I have to tell you that I've never in my life seen so many people in one place in my whole life. Traffic was stop and go. At times completely stopped, then slow, then normal speed and then back to stop. I guess you have to expect that at a place like Yellowstone. It was an enjoyable time at Yellowstone and if you've never been there you should put it on your bucket list.

The next day we drove into Bozeman to have a look around and to pick up a few things at Walmart. Nice town. We went through a couple of museums there and saw some fantastic things. At lunch we found a little hamburger place called "The U" down by the college. Terrific hamburgers there and the milkshakes are good too. Bozeman is a pretty nice place and being a student there might be a good thing. They love their Cougars there in Bozeman because just about everywhere you look there is a sign that says "Go Cats!".

Next day we drove around and ended up taking a trolly tour of Butte, MT. Copper mining is their claim to fame and they have a really big hole in the ground there to prove it. Mrs. BBD collects thimbles and she score one made out of copper there in Butte. Butte is also the hometown of Evil Kenival. Remember him? He would jump over anything with his motorcycle. I met him years before while working as a corpsman on Ward 4C at Bethesda Naval Hospital. He rode his motorcycle onto the ward to visit with patients and was well-received. Quite a showman he was. While we were in Butte, it happened to be the Evil Kenival Festival and we got to see some guy jump through a hoop of fire on his motor cycle. Butte also has quite a mineral museum. The town though, I have to tell you is a bit run down and would not be my first choice if I was going to live in Montana. Saw lots of stuff on the trolley tour and even what used to be the town's bordello. Yep. There is a bordello museum you can go into if you are so inclined. Right there in downtown Butte.

After we left Butte we drove up to a small town called Phillipsburg. Our friends in SD are going to move to Phillipsburg when they sell their ranch. Very pretty drive from Butte to Phillipsburg and Phillipsburg is indeed a very small town. They have a strip geared to tourists with lots of stuff to see and do. The candy store was amazing. I saw candy in there that I have not seen since I was a kid. Ate some really good ribs at the local restaurant. Bought Mrs. BBD a little gold pen that was a crossed shovel and a pick ax. They have a store in Phillipsburg that sells precious stones and it was a good stop. Didn't buy anything in there because it was quite expensive. Very pretty but also very high-priced stuff. Almost all of the stones are found locally though.

We left Phillipsburg and made our way back to the camp ground and was happy to be back just to relax. The next day we didn't do anything except lounge around, read, relax and enjoy the nice weather sitting outside watching the rabbits hop around.

Will tell more later...

You and Hombre would so get along BBD. He loves the old battlefield stuff and that period of history from the Civil War to the end of the 19th Century. Have been thoroughly enjoying your travelogue.

I',
OK for you. Last week, I invested in a John Deere 410, with a custom boom mounted on top! Worth its weight in gold in these parts, I assure you.
View attachment 86464

I think not, I realize you are just using a figure of speech. Because If you got the value of the weight of a vehicle like that in gold it would probably make you the richest man in the world.
We estimate around 18,000 lbs (close to 8.100 kg), so, yeah, you're probably right. Would I mind having that much gold? Well, I certainly could not use it unless I converted it into the proper equipment, etc.

Well I paid £275 each for Gold coins weighing 8 grams. So you do the maths.
I still come out ahead. Can you clear 200 acres of trees and erect a barn using your gold coins?:bye1:

I am too lazy to do all that work. I will just sit watching television, and make money as the gold prices rise.
I'm lazy, too. That's why I buy a machine that will ease my labors immensely. I'm already practicing my wrist action.

Gracie, I'm so sorry to witness your travails and wish there were some way to make them easier. But, who knows why things happen and whether the outcome has no special meaning. Still, my heart is with you and you know you have a home, regardless of the climate. Hell, based on this last summer and the last couple of winters, we might be able to grow tomatoes without a greenhouse soon!

Oh so sorry GW. That is so hard especially when you are still dealing with Uschi. Sending you a hug across the miles.
Thank you so much, Foxy. I'm facing a unique dilemma right now, vs-a-vis the old lady cat. The past couple of weeks, she's taken off while we're at the Willow place. I mean, chin-to-chest and off towards the west. Every time she slips out of the cain, she's off almost directly due West, and at a good pace. The whole drive up this weekend, she's howled at the window and after arrival, she was off again. Now I wonder whether I should just let her out and go where she will. She's going to die shortly, not eating and drinking only what I force her to. She also has that peculiar odor that dying critters get when the time draws near. I'm thinking that I'll cherish this one last night with her cuddled up to my side and then just open the door in the morning. I mean, she's dying, why not let her choose where?
I would welcome any feedback y'all might provide.

I was going to tell you about the trip from the 7th Ranch Campground in Garyowen, MT (close to the Custer Battlefield) but before I do I want to tell you about Steven C. Adelson. He is the ranger we listened to tell the story of the Custer battle on Last Stand Hill at the Custer Battlefield. He is the most remarkable story teller I have ever listened to. He's written a book called "Little Bighorn - Voices from a Distant Wind and this book comes with a DVD that has recorded his talk he gives concerning the events at the battle at the Custer Battlefield. I highly recommend it and I know you will truly enjoy watching the DVD. I have watched it several times since I have been home. Now, back to the trip from the 7th Ranch Campground to the campground at Three Forks, MT...

Not a bad drive. Fairly scenic as a matter of fact. We pulled into the campground at Three Forks and were almost immediately greeted by rabbits! Black rabbits. I don't know how many black rabbits roam around this campground but I counted a group of six at one sighting and there were always more. As it turns out, the lady that owns the campground turns them loose in the early spring and collects them in the late fall so they can be housed for the winter months. They just hop around and do what rabbits do. They are not wild but they won't let you catch them by hand. I guess it their way of keeping the grass mowed or just one of the odd things you see at campgrounds. Our campground was very busy with folks coming and going daily. We stayed here for 5 days and made day trips to various places. Our first day trip was to Yellowstone and to see Old Faithful. What a sight it was. The ground shook. There was a loud rumble and then the water and steam shot up into the air higher that the trees. I was impressed. We rode around Yellowstone taking it all in and the only wild life we saw was elks. Saw lots of elks but no bears, buffalo, or anything else. Just elks. Got some nice photos of them. Yellowstone was a pretty place but I have to tell you that I've never in my life seen so many people in one place in my whole life. Traffic was stop and go. At times completely stopped, then slow, then normal speed and then back to stop. I guess you have to expect that at a place like Yellowstone. It was an enjoyable time at Yellowstone and if you've never been there you should put it on your bucket list.

The next day we drove into Bozeman to have a look around and to pick up a few things at Walmart. Nice town. We went through a couple of museums there and saw some fantastic things. At lunch we found a little hamburger place called "The U" down by the college. Terrific hamburgers there and the milkshakes are good too. Bozeman is a pretty nice place and being a student there might be a good thing. They love their Cougars there in Bozeman because just about everywhere you look there is a sign that says "Go Cats!".

Next day we drove around and ended up taking a trolly tour of Butte, MT. Copper mining is their claim to fame and they have a really big hole in the ground there to prove it. Mrs. BBD collects thimbles and she score one made out of copper there in Butte. Butte is also the hometown of Evil Kenival. Remember him? He would jump over anything with his motorcycle. I met him years before while working as a corpsman on Ward 4C at Bethesda Naval Hospital. He rode his motorcycle onto the ward to visit with patients and was well-received. Quite a showman he was. While we were in Butte, it happened to be the Evil Kenival Festival and we got to see some guy jump through a hoop of fire on his motor cycle. Butte also has quite a mineral museum. The town though, I have to tell you is a bit run down and would not be my first choice if I was going to live in Montana. Saw lots of stuff on the trolley tour and even what used to be the town's bordello. Yep. There is a bordello museum you can go into if you are so inclined. Right there in downtown Butte.

After we left Butte we drove up to a small town called Phillipsburg. Our friends in SD are going to move to Phillipsburg when they sell their ranch. Very pretty drive from Butte to Phillipsburg and Phillipsburg is indeed a very small town. They have a strip geared to tourists with lots of stuff to see and do. The candy store was amazing. I saw candy in there that I have not seen since I was a kid. Ate some really good ribs at the local restaurant. Bought Mrs. BBD a little gold pen that was a crossed shovel and a pick ax. They have a store in Phillipsburg that sells precious stones and it was a good stop. Didn't buy anything in there because it was quite expensive. Very pretty but also very high-priced stuff. Almost all of the stones are found locally though.

We left Phillipsburg and made our way back to the camp ground and was happy to be back just to relax. The next day we didn't do anything except lounge around, read, relax and enjoy the nice weather sitting outside watching the rabbits hop around.

Will tell more later...

You and Hombre would so get along BBD. He loves the old battlefield stuff and that period of history from the Civil War to the end of the 19th Century. Have been thoroughly enjoying your travelogue.
I'd take Ringel along, too. He seems relatively well versed in such matters.

Thank you so much, Foxy. I'm facing a unique dilemma right now, vs-a-vis the old lady cat. The past couple of weeks, she's taken off while we're at the Willow place. I mean, chin-to-chest and off towards the west. Every time she slips out of the cain, she's off almost directly due West, and at a good pace. The whole drive up this weekend, she's howled at the window and after arrival, she was off again. Now I wonder whether I should just let her out and go where she will. She's going to die shortly, not eating and drinking only what I force her to. She also has that peculiar odor that dying critters get when the time draws near. I'm thinking that I'll cherish this one last night with her cuddled up to my side and then just open the door in the morning. I mean, she's dying, why not let her choose where?

Go with your heart GW. I couldn't just let them go and wonder how long they might suffer, so we have always assisted our fur friends over the rainbow bridge when it was time. But we do have the vet come to the house and they go with our love. It is hard no matter what.

Go with your heart GW. I couldn't just let them go and wonder how long they might suffer, so we have always assisted our fur friends over the rainbow bridge when it was time. But we do have the vet come to the house and they go with our love. It is hard no matter what.

t
It's tough. This cat has never been an outdoor cat but suddenly she wants very badly to go out. The couple of times she's managed to get out, she's headed due west, with a purpose. I doubt she'd suffer much and somehow, it seems she wants very much to go and be gone. No food, no water, no potty...and she stands at the door and yowls pitifully. Like I mentioned, maybe one more night (for me) and then I'll just leave the door open in the morning. I'll probably follow her a bit, but I suspect she wants to die privately. She'll still cross the rainbow bridge, but on her terms. No-one, nothing, lives forever. I hope I can go on my terms, too. This cat is 21+ years old. I do suppose it's time. I wish I had the courage my animals have always had.

It's tough. This cat has never been an outdoor cat but suddenly she wants very badly to go out. The couple of times she's managed to get out, she's headed due west, with a purpose. I doubt she'd suffer much and somehow, it seems she wants very much to go and be gone. No food, no water, no potty...and she stands at the door and yowls pitifully. Like I mentioned, maybe one more night (for me) and then I'll just leave the door open in the morning. I'll probably follow her a bit, but I suspect she wants to die privately. She'll still cross the rainbow bridge, but on her terms. No-one, nothing, lives forever. I hope I can go on my terms, too. This cat is 21+ years old. I do suppose it's time. I wish I had the courage my animals have always had.

The cat is absolutely telling you to let it go and die GW. You are being a friend one last time by granting the cat's wish.

[
It's ok. When I see her post now, and to remember her name she said to call her...Ella Fitzgerald! Ella! And that was one of my swing moods, which hits me often. Doing a bit better now though. No telling what tomorrow will bring, so if I am MIA, I'm grumpy and watching tv, lol.

Watching TV is good, because watching me dance would just not be fun for any of us.

Great Investment...

I'm lazy, too. That's why I buy a machine that will ease my labors immensely. I'm already practicing my wrist action

Next to water, Hydraulic fluid is the elixir of life...

The cat is absolutely telling you to let it go and die GW. You are being a friend one last time by granting the cat's wish.
I promised her, one more night and she's free to go. I'll follow her for a while, I'm sure, but I know the outcome. It's just not that easy, letting go...you know?

I promised her, one more night and she's free to go. I'll follow her for a while, I'm sure, but I know the outcome. It's just not that easy, letting go...you know?

Yes, I know, been down that road too many times. <shudder>

I gave them their favorite foods and drink the night before. :crybaby:
She has no more favorite food, and the only drink she takes is what I force her to. She's now moving from door to door, and even stands on the window and howls to be outside. I may not make it to morning at this rate. We'll see how things are when I go to bed and she usually beds down with me. If she settles for one more night, so will I. If this howl-n-prowl continues, I'll let her go tonight. Man, this hurts.

Yes, I know, been down that road too many times. <shudder>

I gave them their favorite foods and drink the night before. :crybaby:
She has no more favorite food, and the only drink she takes is what I force her to. She's now moving from door to door, and even stands on the window and howls to be outside. I may not make it to morning at this rate. We'll see how things are when I go to bed and she usually beds down with me. If she settles for one more night, so will I. If this howl-n-prowl continues, I'll let her go tonight. Man, this hurts.
:huddle:

Forum List

Back