USMB Coffee Shop IV

beach looked like glass today. Now a bit of wind in the estuary. beautiful. But...still no sun. Just fog...and smoke from the Chimney Fire still raging.

I still cannot find what I want. A battery operated siren that does not need an alarm system to set it off.
Amazon usually have what I want, but not this, all the sirens they have need a system, I just want one that goes off if I hit a panic button. I used to have one but something went wrong with it.

I still cannot find what I want. A battery operated siren that does not need an alarm system to set it off.
Amazon usually have what I want, but not this, all the sirens they have need a system, I just want one that goes off if I hit a panic button. I used to have one but something went wrong with it.

Have you checked ebay? That's usually the second place I look after Amazon.....well, maybe third after Amazon and Wal Mart, depending on what I'm looking for.

I park my car in the driveway outside my bedroom and I keep the car keys on my nightstand. If I suspect someone lurking outside or attempting to get into my car, the little red button on the key chain remote sets off a honking horn and a siren. Best alarm system I've found.

Have you checked ebay? That's usually the second place I look after Amazon.....well, maybe third after Amazon and Wal Mart, depending on what I'm looking for.

I don't have a pay pal account and I don't like giving my credit card number out to anyone. I have purchased things on ebay, but I sent them a postal order. I was not happy when I found out that amazon keep your credit card details on their data base. But I have never had any problems with that yet.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0026AQQXC/?tag=ff0d01-20

door knob alarm | eBay

upload_2016-8-26_15-7-34.png

Well, not sure as to the why and how of it all, but I was elected King of the Flame Zone yesterday. Apparently my only way out of it is to have The Donald release me from my contract with some sort of scandal. Any ideas?

Too close to being a political post. Throwing marshmallows at you with my sternest face. :)

But for the life of me I don't see the fascination with the Flame Zone. I find I am much happier and enjoy the experience here much more if I just ignore that place. But nevertheless, congratulations on your new title.

A hundred years ago my wife sold AMWAY and in their catalogue they had an Alarm similar to those pictured. I purchased one for my father because he had to stay in a Hotel in Downtown St. Louis for his work. Not the greatest area of town at the time. Was very effective and very very loud. Sensitive to any movement on door. If you can't get a Glock 9 mm, this alarm and the can of hornet and wasp spray Hoss told you about imho is your best bet...

I park my car in the driveway outside my bedroom and I keep the car keys on my nightstand. If I suspect someone lurking outside or attempting to get into my car, the little red button on the key chain remote sets off a honking horn and a siren. Best alarm system I've found.

How about those ones that have the voice. "Step away from the vehicle . . . " Lol.

A hundred years ago my wife sold AMWAY and in their catalogue they had an Alarm similar to those pictured. I purchased one for my father because he had to stay in a Hotel in Downtown St. Louis for his work. Not the greatest area of town at the time. Was very effective and very very loud. Sensitive to any movement on door. If you can't get a Glock 9 mm, this alarm and the can of hornet and wasp spray Hoss told you about imho is your best bet...

Thanks, I would definitely get a Glock if it was legal, but you get five years in prison for possessing a handgun in Britain. I was surprised to find I can get a pepper spray legally, I thought everything was banned. For example stun guns are illegal too. But apparently they allow pepper spray.

Sorry Foxfyre as this might be perceived as political...View attachment 87106

Yep. Mildly inappropriate for the Coffee Shop as it involves a seriously controversial topic that is used a lot to argue on message boards. Three marshmallows tossed your way. You can say you attended a 2nd amendment rally or lecture or whatever as part of your day, but I would discourage the Second Amenment as a Coffee Shop topic. Sort of the difference between saying you're happy or disappointed about the election outcome when no individuals or political parties are mentioned--this is perfectly okay--but not okay to discuss the election outcome or something similar.

Of course all this is borderline arbitrary and subject to a ruling by me and/or the group as somebody has to be monitor of that stuff and it just makes sense to be a little flexible. I frankly don't get too excited about it because we all are who we are and I expect us Coffee Shoppers to allow each other to be who they are. But if it is certain to stir up an unpleasant discussion, I do try to mitigate that as much as possible while not allowing others to dictate what we can and cannot say here when it doesn't violate the Coffee Shop rules.

Thanks for allowing me to use this as an example for my once a year little lecture on this though and know how much we appreciate you here Ridgerunner. My intention is certainly not to single you out. The policy has kept the Coffee Shop a pleasant place for all for a lot of years now.

Last edited:
Thanks for allowing me to use this as an example for my once a year little lecture on this though and know how much we appreciate you here Ridgerunner. My intention is certainly not to single you out. The policy has kept the Coffee Shop a pleasant place for all for a lot of years now.

Sometimes it easier to beg for forgiveness...
than to ask for permission...

upload_2016-8-26_17-49-21.png

:biggrin:

Greetings, Coffee Shoppers!
Just a quick stop while I wind down from work. We had an airplane break and they needed some extra help, so I put in an hour and a half OT. I hate OT and usually decline an offer, if I can.
The partner has given Ho'zilla an initial going-over and we're ready to move her to our property. Then we'll take some time, replace some hydraulic hoses, install clean filters, a few things like that. Poor Ho'zilla sat unused (and unloved) for several years, so some initial TLC on our part will help her serve us a long time. I am so looking forward to the kind of work I'll be able to do with such a machine!
:dig:
When you get to a certain age, you try to work smarter, not harder.

Inlaws arrived, stuffed that borrowed truck to the max and actually got it ALL crammed in there. Then MrGs brother cried when he got in to drive away cuz he thinks this is the last they will see of us. It won't be if I can help it. Unfortunately, the house they thought they were going to move in to, fell thru. So...looks like they will not be moving to the 3 bedroom home after all. They were disappointed. I told them if MrG and I get a place of our own where we are heading..they can always join us. But they can't bring their grandson. Damn bum is 26 years old, has two kids he never sees and doesn't pay for, won't look for a job and they support his sorry ass. Not happening with us, and thats a fact. They baby him too much. Dude needs to man up and get his own place and pay for his kids. Jeez.

I love the name Ho'zilla! Take a pic of her and show us your new toy!

Dajjal...get an air horn. Those things are LOUD.

Inlaws arrived, stuffed that borrowed truck to the max and actually got it ALL crammed in there. Then MrGs brother cried when he got in to drive away cuz he thinks this is the last they will see of us. It won't be if I can help it. Unfortunately, the house they thought they were going to move in to, fell thru. So...looks like they will not be moving to the 3 bedroom home after all. They were disappointed. I told them if MrG and I get a place of our own where we are heading..they can always join us. But they can't bring their grandson. Damn bum is 26 years old, has two kids he never sees and doesn't pay for, won't look for a job and they support his sorry ass. Not happening with us, and thats a fact. They baby him too much. Dude needs to man up and get his own place and pay for his kids. Jeez.

I love the name Ho'zilla! Take a pic of her and show us your new toy!

Dajjal...get an air horn. Those things are LOUD.
I agree about the 26-yr-old grandson. 2-yrs, 6-yrs, yeah...that's different. Guy needs to grow up.
th8HRNFZ3V.jpg
This is a picture of a similar machine. Ours has an after market attachment, a boom hoist mounted on top of the cab. That will make setting the uprights for a pole barn, or similar structure, as well as roof trusses so much easier. They guy threw in a lot of other really useful stuff because he just wants to get out of Alaska before it starts to freeze up. My daughter named the beast Ho'zilla (from backhoe).

Well, not sure as to the why and how of it all, but I was elected King of the Flame Zone yesterday. Apparently my only way out of it is to have The Donald release me from my contract with some sort of scandal. Any ideas?

Too close to being a political post. Throwing marshmallows at you with my sternest face. :)

But for the life of me I don't see the fascination with the Flame Zone. I find I am much happier and enjoy the experience here much more if I just ignore that place. But nevertheless, congratulations on your new title.

It was a beauty pageant reference Foxfyre. ;) Just about as embrassing a win too. :lol:

Forum List

Back