USMB Coffee Shop IV

cd808421e3fcc644933f53d75c3575fa.jpg

Just saw the Luke Aikins video where he jumps into a net from 25,000 ft without a parachute: Bloody hair raising.

I saw that too! He's crazy! Lol. :ack-1:

I was expecting him to miss the net. I hope he does not try it again or his luck might run out.

I thought he was going to break through the net or just hit the ground while in the net. That net had a lot of "give" to it. :eek:

Good Morning!
Another gorgeous sunrise this morning. I'll try to upload some photos later. First, I have to get them off my phone.
I think I'm dealing with a bout of depression, not unlike some of the other CS-ers. The recent deaths of some of my fur-fam are just the start. One of the other cats appears to have had a stroke. I'm monitoring her closely but fear I'll have to make a decision about her soon.
And I am totally helpless to provide any more than moral support and parental counseling for a situation most parents deal with eventually, but it's tough to suffer the bad choices your children make. Now my daughter is mother to teenagers I suspect she'll learn how to better deal with such things. Right now my daughter is going through one of those "Where did I go wrong?" moments.

Just saw the Luke Aikins video where he jumps into a net from 25,000 ft without a parachute: Bloody hair raising.

I saw that too! He's crazy! Lol. :ack-1:

I was expecting him to miss the net. I hope he does not try it again or his luck might run out.

I thought he was going to break through the net or just hit the ground while in the net. That net had a lot of "give" to it. :eek:

It needed to have a lot of give so he didn't break. He may not have been travelling at terminal velocity, but he was close enough that he needed plenty of space to bleed off kinetic energy. :)

Good Morning!
Another gorgeous sunrise this morning. I'll try to upload some photos later. First, I have to get them off my phone.
I think I'm dealing with a bout of depression, not unlike some of the other CS-ers. The recent deaths of some of my fur-fam are just the start. One of the other cats appears to have had a stroke. I'm monitoring her closely but fear I'll have to make a decision about her soon.
And I am totally helpless to provide any more than moral support and parental counseling for a situation most parents deal with eventually, but it's tough to suffer the bad choices your children make. Now my daughter is mother to teenagers I suspect she'll learn how to better deal with such things. Right now my daughter is going through one of those "Where did I go wrong?" moments.

Sorry to hear about that. You should go out and do something nice for yourself and relax.

Good Morning!

At least you know your depression has a cause. Not like clinical depression . You will get over it eventually as the problems resolve themselves.

Good morning folks. Just dropping in to say hi.

Hi ! I have not seen you in the coffee shop before. You may get a free beverage from foxy.

Ah. Well, I'm not exactly new here. I'm the resident knight who sits next to the window enjoying some nice, hot black coffee.

Ah then you would be TK. Welcome back. You have missed a lot of guard duty you know.

I've been on leave. But I'm back. So I'll go to the back and see if the armor still fits.

Getting everything cleaned up, making sure the travel list (what to bring) is complete and will pack up for tomorrow's trip up to Colorado Springs. Have to remind the wife (and myself) that it's only for 3 days so only bring what we need and use for 3 days. :D

Helped sister in law load up the truck yesterday and now I'm paying for it..and so is she. I think she pulled a tendon in her thumb and my wrist is throbbing. But...it all got stuffed in there! W00T!

Got a pic from my friend of the room that is going to be ours. Her husband is cleaning the windows and told her to show MrG, lol.

27yrfb4.jpg

Good Morning!

At least you know your depression has a cause. Not like clinical depression . You will get over it eventually as the problems resolve themselves.
Knowing that "this too shall pass" doesn't really make it any easier in the moment. Ask Gracie. Poor thing's going through a similar hell right now with her puppy having cancer and them having to move to LA, leaving most of their life behind. That sucks, too. If only I had a magic wand....

Things are looking up, GW. I am now excited for a new place to go...be with friends...MrG having his bud to go scrap hunting with again...and Moki? So far, so good! He's such a trooper! 21 more days....and our new adventure will begin. I just hope Moki continues as he has been. All of us...off to the big city (outskirts) and yard sales galore to make money from!

AND..my credit is almost there at the loan level for a house of our own. My friends bought that house we are going to for 110K. Bank said not long before MrG and I approved for the same amount or close to it. And...one is coming up in a few months 5 houses down from the one we are going to. Neighbors!

Good Morning!
Oh no! Another cat ill? Dayum, GW....this sucks. I'm sorry :(. I hope kitty is a trooper too and can hang in there. You need a break from all this! I'll try to send some of Moki's juju to your kitty. Between the two of them...they can make each other stronger for the time they have left with us? One can hope.

Regarding your daughter....that's a tough one. All I can do is offer support as well, cuz thankfully (depending on how one looks at it), I am not having to deal with the drama. Some blessings come in disguises, I guess. And your daughter is experiencing what all of us went through at some time. It's called "life" and she did and does her best. All anyone can do is hope what she taught her teens sunk in deep enough to help them become the adults she knows they will be once they get over this teen age stress all go through, you know?

:smiliehug:

AND..my credit is almost there at the loan level for a house of our own. My friends bought that house we are going to for 110K. Bank said not long before MrG and I approved for the same amount or close to it. And...one is coming up in a few months 5 houses down from the one we are going to. Neighbors!
That seems like super good news, Gracie! I'm

His chicken/rice/carrots/green bean stew with a dollop of canned pumpkin on top makes it all smooth sailing at the exit, if you get my drift. He even PLAYED today. But...I am always paranoid, so....I will see how he is on the day before we leave. It will be a long weekend moving. If he is still trooping along...then great!!

Good Morning!

I wish C_K would give us a hug button or something like that. The other choices of acknowledgement just don't always cover what we struggle to say. It just seems unfair that some of you are going through such trying times. Hope your fur friend fully recovers. I do know how hard it is to make that decision when it needs to be made. And as for the kids, it seems no matter how old they get, we don't stop worrying abut them and the choices they make.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back