USMB Coffee Shop IV

No! I was wrong, I have just found out the actual amount.

The Second Edition of the 20-volume Oxford English Dictionary contains full entries for 171,476 words in current use, and 47,156 obsolete words. To this may be added around 9,500 derivative words included as subentries.

So...its possible I speak obsolete? Makes sense.
You used to be able to speak obsolete, but not any more. It's out of date.

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and their Moki,
Montrovant's transition,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, 007, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Special thoughts for Sherry and WelfareQueen tonight. They are in the middle of the hurricane battering Florida tonight and Montrovant could also be in the path.

th

Thanks MamaFox, I'm too far west to have gotten more than a little rain from Hermine.

Oh good. I wasn't sure where you were actually positioned in your state. Watching the storm track though, our Carolina members could be impacted today and if the storm proceeds as projected it could affect the entire eastern seaboard taking aim this weekend on New England so hope ChrisL has her rain gear ready. Sucks for all those folks having this for the last long weekend of summer.

Can you credit it. I have been waiting in for a parcel from amazon for days. I finally had to go out for food and the parcel came five minutes after I had left. What is more annoying is I left a note on the door telling where to leave the parcel but they didn't . They took it back to the sorting office, so I have to go out of my way to collect it.

You used to be able to speak obsolete, but not any more. It's out of date.

Thou kidth me.
I doth nary prevaricate.

I have a four hundred year old book with many obscure words, and the ones you can read are often a different spelling to the present form. I would like to get the complete oxford dictionary as a matter of interest, but it costs £750 . I can afford it but I doubt I would use it that much. I have seen you can download a free pdf version of it but I don't like risking getting busted by the cyber pigs, or getting a virus with the file.

Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, 007, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Special thoughts for Sherry and WelfareQueen tonight. They are in the middle of the hurricane battering Florida tonight and Montrovant could also be in the path.

th

Thanks MamaFox, I'm too far west to have gotten more than a little rain from Hermine.

Oh good. I wasn't sure where you were actually positioned in your state. Watching the storm track though, our Carolina members could be impacted today and if the storm proceeds as projected it could affect the entire eastern seaboard taking aim this weekend on New England so hope ChrisL has her rain gear ready. Sucks for all those folks having this for the last long weekend of summer.

I'm southwest of Atlanta, weather usually isn't too big a problem here.

I like antiquarian books, especially ones with wood cut engravings. That was what they used before steel engravings. I have a three volume work called John Foxes martyr ology. It has many woodcuts of people being burned to death. There are some interesting accounts of the events which include one man who used to put his fingers into a candle flame to try and get used to burning. Another man said if burning was bearable he would raise his arm, and in the event he did raise his arm and the crowd cheered.

I like antiquarian books, especially ones with wood cut engravings. That was what they used before steel engravings. I have a three volume work called John Foxes martyr ology. It has many woodcuts of people being burned to death. There are some interesting accounts of the events which include one man who used to put his fingers into a candle flame to try and get used to burning. Another man said if burning was bearable he would raise his arm, and in the event he did raise his arm and the crowd cheered.
heard that if the court wanted to show mercy to those being burned at the stake (kind of an oxymoron, but never the less) they would hang a bag of gunpowder around the victim's neck.

I wonder if that's where the cheer "HISS, BOOM, AW!" originated?

Did a binge on netflix watching Stranger Things. Talk about a dumb show. And that was just season 1. I'll pass on the next ones.

Meanwhile, woke up this morning to two dead phones. The landline and the cell both went bonkers. Lucky us. Both are working now though. Don't know what happened..don't care as long as it doesn't happen again.

Cold here. Then it gets hot in the afternoon. Then cold again. I think I am ready to move. Each day that passes shows me more and more this is what we are supposed to do. Small things, but very pointedly. So...15 more days. Then we be gone.

Did a binge on netflix watching Stranger Things. Talk about a dumb show. And that was just season 1. I'll pass on the next ones.

Meanwhile, woke up this morning to two dead phones. The landline and the cell both went bonkers. Lucky us. Both are working now though. Don't know what happened..don't care as long as it doesn't happen again.

Cold here. Then it gets hot in the afternoon. Then cold again. I think I am ready to move. Each day that passes shows me more and more this is what we are supposed to do. Small things, but very pointedly. So...15 more days. Then we be gone.

But, assuming you'll have internet where you are going, it won't really feel like you've moved at all to us. :)

I will have internet...and every channel on tv under the sun. She likes her tv shows and movies and premium channels. Thankfully..our rent includes that big assed package she pays for.

I am so ready to go. Wish it was tomorrow. I have officially given up and want OUT of here. Only reason we cannot go is I am waiting for my specs, we have final doc appts next week and still have 2 roomies that have not moved out yet and won't until the 15th. One is still in Nepal and won't be back until the 10th.

I liked Stranger Things. I thought it was a fun tribute to the 80s.

Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,

th

Foxy.....Thank you for your kind words last night. Sherry and I survived the Hurricane. It hit about 120 miles north of us. We mostly got huge amounts of rain and quite a bit of localized flooding. Our storm surge was about three feet....but we are about six miles inland so it presented no problem for us. The folks in the Big Bend area had up to a 12 foot storm surge and major flooding. Leon County (where Tallahassee the State Capital is located) had 65% of residents without power as of this morning. One County.....(I believe it was Taylor) had 99% power loss.

My work was cancelled for the last two days and Sherry is coming home early tonight. All in all.....I'd say we got off lucky. Unfortunately....many in the State did not.

Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,

th

Foxy.....Thank you for your kind words last night. Sherry and I survived the Hurricane. It hit about 120 miles north of us. We mostly got huge amounts of rain and quite a bit of localized flooding. Our storm surge was about three feet....but we are about six miles inland so it presented no problem for us. The folks in the Big Bend area had up to a 12 foot storm surge and major flooding. Leon County (where Tallahassee the State Capital is located) had 65% of residents without power as of this morning. One County.....(I believe it was Taylor) had 99% power loss.

My work was cancelled for the last two days and Sherry is coming home early tonight. All in all.....I'd say we got off lucky. Unfortunately....many in the State did not.

Glad to hear you and yours are well WQ. I worry about all my Coffee Shop kids. :)

Never watched it ever and don't have a clue what it is about so can't comment.

Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,

th

Well it was only a Cat 1 when it hit but then again the media has to make it look like the catastrophe of the century. Glad to see you two are alright but I expected nothing less as I'm sure you both have been through much stronger hurricanes.

It's a sitcom...... :dunno:
Heck I tried watching a couple of sitcoms on Putlocker....... I'd rather watch a bad B movie. :thup:

It's a sitcom...... :dunno:
Heck I tried watching a couple of sitcoms on Putlocker....... I'd rather watch a bad B movie. :thup:

Um, Stranger Things isn't a sitcom. It's a supernatural or sci-fi horror.

Forum List

Back