USMB Coffee Shop IV

One good thing about taking these remedial courses is that I'm not nearly the oldest person in the room. lol

Now I'm waiting for the pendulum to come to rest in the center. After three days of constipation, followed by a magnificent ending at the park last evening, Daisy has managed to repeat her performance on the ceramic tiles of the front foyer. This morning I found evidence of the effectiveness of sweet potato dietary supplements in the foyer. She is forgiven for not waking me throughout the night. But the dull orange cast of her droppings suggests that too much of a good thing can be bad.

I'll be home for lunch soon. Let's see what awaits me.

On the up side, she slept contentedly through the night except for getting up and taking care of business. She ran like a dog who had just invented running in the park yesterday. I'm sure that felt great to her as she smiles and huffs and puffs her way from tree to tree, squirrel to squirrel.

Good morning everybody. A lovely Wednesday in Albuquerque and a busy day ahead. Mixed emotions as a very few close friends and family members plan a small gathering tomorrow to honor my aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary. (They married in mid life--2nd marriage for her, first for him) as they are both 90 now. It will be a bittersweet occasion though as we just put my uncle on the Hospice program as he probably has not much longer in this world and very little quality of life--he is virtually blind from glaucoma but it is the COPD that will likely kill him. My aunt however looks like she is in her early 60's and is in better shape than I am.

Is anybody else having to log in every time they visit USMB? Or have I changed a setting on my computer somehow without realizing it?

Is anybody else having to log in every time they visit USMB? Or have I changed a setting on my computer somehow without realizing it?
You may have accidentally changed the setting, don't know. I have mine set up to log in every time I visit.

It happened to me yesterday, I had to log on again. But if you do not tick the box underneath your password you will have to log on every time.

This long Labor Day weekend I take possession of my brother's dog Teddy for a while. My brother and his bride are headed out of town until Sunday afternoon and I act as a surrogate parent for Daisy's 'cousin' Teddy.

Daisy and I stroll through the park everyday. She seeks adventure among the chipmunks and squirrels and teen aged girls who adore her and pay way more attention to her than she deserves. Daisy is off the leash to whole time, but never strays out of the line of sight and always comes when called. She knows my pockets are full of her favorite chicken jerky treats.

Teddy, however, is, well, spastic. Teddy barks at dogs on the television even while an actual dog, Daisy, is in the room. Teddy barks at joggers and bicyclists and other dogs and generally anything within his sight. Teddy stays on the leash. Walking Teddy is like flying a kite in a gale, only horizontally rather than vertically. There are constant tugs and jerks on the leash and I have to maintain a grip in the handle of the retractable leash with the force and vigor I would maintain the grip on a life buoy.

Teddy likes to crawl up on my chair and occupy the same spot Daisy lays on. This is a matter of considerable contention, but as Teddy has about ten pounds on Daisy, she usually relents. But Teddy can be somewhat obnoxious while he is on the chair. Constantly licking my face and wondering why more dog treats aren't offered to him.

My defense is Daisy's brush. Daisy loves, and I do mean LOVES to curl up and be brushed. You've seen shows where they put an alligator to sleep by rubbing its belly. The same phenomenon happens when the brush passed across Daisy's curly coat. I'll brush her and she will begin to snore within a few minutes. If I stop, she shoots me a glance over her shoulder telling me in fluent canine that the brushing should be constant.

Teddy, on the other hand, HATES to be brushed. If I should just pick up the brush and show it to him, he's off the chair in a flash, hesitant to return lest he get the full spa treatment Daisy luxuriates in.

Come late September, I will be away at a conference for two nights. Daisy gets to stay at Teddy's house! She has never spent the night there. I wonder how the sleeping arraignments will work out. Both dogs sleep in the bed with their masters. With Daisy in the house, it will be two people and two dogs in a queen size bed.

Let' see what happens come Friday evening and into Sunday Morning when my brother and sister-in-law return.

You may have accidentally changed the setting, don't know. I have mine set up to log in every time I visit.

So do I but I get the log in screen now everytime I check in. Weird.

It happened to me yesterday, I had to log on again. But if you do not tick the box underneath your password you will have to log on every time.

The keep me signed in box is checked but it does not seem to be working. Strange.

The keep me signed in box is checked but it does not seem to be working. Strange.

Do you clear your browsing history? I do that all the time, so when I get resets like this, I have to remember to log in before I'm going to bed so the settings will stay. Otherwise, I lose them every time I clear my history (which is usually every time I'm going to close my browser).

I did clear my cache recently, but after my last post I rebooted the computer. That seems to have fixed the problem. Just some silly glitch probably.

Same is happening with me, and some others I know of as well. Mine seems fine today so far. Yesterday it was not.

Moving sucks. Yer wallet.
Being here 30 years and not needing a heater in the vehicles OR air conditioning...it hit me a bit ago that we are moving to an area that gets up to 104 most of the summer..sometimes 107. And, during the winter...they sometimes get snow. And, as luck would have it, the fan in my van is wonky. It makes a really LOUD noise. So...I take it in to the mechanic next tuesday, pay him 95 bucks to tell me whats wrong with it and how much its gonna cost to fix it cuz we HAVE to have it where we are going. Which means more $$$$$. And MrGs truck doesn't have air at all. Looks like the van is going to be our summer vehicle cuz we will die with no air conditioning.

Sigh

Moving sucks. Yer wallet.
Being here 30 years and not needing a heater in the vehicles OR air conditioning...it hit me a bit ago that we are moving to an area that gets up to 104 most of the summer..sometimes 107. And, during the winter...they sometimes get snow. And, as luck would have it, the fan in my van is wonky. It makes a really LOUD noise. So...I take it in to the mechanic next tuesday, pay him 95 bucks to tell me whats wrong with it and how much its gonna cost to fix it cuz we HAVE to have it where we are going. Which means more $$$$$. And MrGs truck doesn't have air at all. Looks like the van is going to be our summer vehicle cuz we will die with no air conditioning.

Sigh

That does suck. I long ago stopped prayer for patience because I was getting way too many opportunities to practice.

Hard to find anywhere in town now where somebody isn't selling green chile or chile ristras. I love it. :)

14100434_1429650640382214_4956820980181574136_n.jpg

Oh and good morning and Merry Monday everybody. Our new dishwasher was just delivered (the old one died) and our favorite HVAC and plumbing guy will be here to install it within the next 24 hours. It is required that a licensed plumber do that here, not that Hombre would likely tackle it anyway with his bad back and hip. We are looking forward to it though. Once you get used to having one, having to hand wash ALL the dishes, especially when you have company, is a pain. My sister goes home later today. It will be strange just Hombre and me being here. No human house guests. No mini doxie. But that too shall pass I'm sure.

I hand wash almost all the dishes here. I've been hand washing dishes for at least 15 years now. It actually started because of a roommate I lived with in a place without a functioning dishwasher. I didn't want to wash his dishes and so I got in the habit of washing mine as soon as I finished using them, and it's carried over. Now I do it because, once the little one started going to school, I felt I needed to be more useful around the house to make up for the time I wasn't taking care of her.
I hand wash everything. The trailer I live in part of the time has no dishwasher and my cabin doesn't even have running water or regular electricity. Even my milking gear is washed by hand. Somehow, it's almost therapeutic, submersing your hands and arms in hot, soapy water...

Forum List

Back