USMB Coffee Shop IV

Sadly Daisy's digestive problems have run into a third day. She has been constipated since Saturday afternoon. I fed her our family remedy of white rice and canned chicken meat. She has gobbled that down since Sunday morning. But she has refused all other food, even her beloved 'cookies', Marrowbone brand dog biscuits.

I fear that I am loading a musket, and when the flint strikes the steel, the explosion will be massive. We went to the park, but she struggled to go. She just got out of the tub where she endured her second bath in as many days. Her butt was caked, but full evacuation isn't in the cards.

Someone at the park suggested a bit of sweet potato or pumpkin. I guess that's to provide maximum fiber. I know you Coffee Shoppers have had experience with dogs. Any suggestions? Daisy and I would dearly appreciate it!

Definitely add sweet potatoes in to the mix. Raw chicken and rice might be better for clearing the intestines than cooked.

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and their Moki,
Montrovant's transition,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, 007, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Royal Gorge Bridge, Colorado Springs CO

amazing_places_12.jpg

whoaaaaaa wonder if I can hold my breath long enough to get across that one. Me no likey big bridges much.

I don't have a problem driving over them, but I can't walk over them. It is the most uncanny feeling, like some invisible power trying to drag me over the rail. It is pretty much my only phobia.

Last edited:
Sadly Daisy's digestive problems have run into a third day. She has been constipated since Saturday afternoon. I fed her our family remedy of white rice and canned chicken meat. She has gobbled that down since Sunday morning. But she has refused all other food, even her beloved 'cookies', Marrowbone brand dog biscuits.

I fear that I am loading a musket, and when the flint strikes the steel, the explosion will be massive. We went to the park, but she struggled to go. She just got out of the tub where she endured her second bath in as many days. Her butt was caked, but full evacuation isn't in the cards.

Someone at the park suggested a bit of sweet potato or pumpkin. I guess that's to provide maximum fiber. I know you Coffee Shoppers have had experience with dogs. Any suggestions? Daisy and I would dearly appreciate it!

The mini doxie who was in our care for over three months was also having all sorts of digestive issues. I PUT her on a strict diet of about 1/4 cup lean ground beef, cooked, plus a heaping 1/4 cup of Rachel Ray Nutrish dry dog food once a day. She got a couple of those tiny milk bones daily for treats and a milk bone vitamin daily, but nothing else. None of our people food whatsoever. And it cleared her right up--no runny poop and no constipation. She was six pound overweight when we got her and had lost weight and was looking great when we delivered her back to her owner last Friday.

I'll buy a sweet potato this afternoon and roast it tonight. I'll mash it up and put it in her dish. that's no guarantee she'll eat it.

Of course we'll try the park again this evening. Poor little thing. She tries and tries to go, but it never completely comes out. Then, apparently embarrassed by her situation, she just sits down and refuses to go any further. that is until I come back for her, then the race is on. Catching Daisy when she refuses commands to "Come!" and "Sit!" is like trying to catch a chicken in a barnyard.

Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, 007, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

amazing_places_12.jpg

whoaaaaaa wonder if I can hold my breath long enough to get across that one. Me no likey big bridges much.

I don't have a problem driving over them, but I can't walk over them. It is the most uncanny feeling, like some invisible power trying to drag me over the rail. It is pretty much my only phobia.

I suppose it is a phobia, but, with some of the things I have watched on bridges, it is real too!
Like Gracie, I am worse if there is water under them. Like my mom always said to me...I just have to suck it up and do it.
But, doesn't mean I am not skeered!!

Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,

amazing_places_12.jpg

I know what you mean, I have experienced the same feeling in a mild way while walking on cliff tops. I think its human instinct to be apprehensive of the danger of falling from high places. In the same way people have an instinctive aversion to spiders, which is smart, as some of them are poisonous

The little one has her first day of the new soccer season today. She missed the first two days last week because of being sick and going to her dad's. She's going to miss the next day or two after this one because tomorrow morning she leaves for Disney. They are leaving at like 3:30 in the AM. I don't know if I should try to sleep or just stay awake! :lol:

I ordered a dummy CCTV camera from Amazon yesterday and it came this morning. Which was pretty quick considering it was a bank holiday yesterday. I got it to scare off my 4am caller in case he comes back.
If that does not work I have also ordered a siren which I can operate with a switch.

I bought and cooked the sweet potato. I also made breakfast for dinner, bacon and eggs.

At first Daisy was not in love with the sweet potato, not at all. So, I slathered it in some of the bacon grease. That did the trick! Let's wait for it to hit bottom and see what magic lays within the sweet potato!

Washed the car, slop mopped the bathroom, vac'd the empty rooms we have closed off, washed all the windows in those rooms. Do it now, less to do on the 16th, which is D Day. Or rather M Day. Of all the times for a flare up to happen after months of nothing...NOW it hits me? Oy.

Can I get an Amen? I say, CAN I GET AN AMEN? The sweet potato did its magic! Daisy stopped at one of her favorite spots and produced a prodigious pile, worthy of a dog three times her size! After she completes the task at hand, she never does that typical dog action of scraping her hind legs as if to conceal the outcome. Nope! My dog runs away fast! And tonight she ran the run of the liberated, the satisfied, the accomplished.

Dog and master are both greatly relieved in every sense of the word.

And a special shout out to @Six Foot for the suggestion. Daisy owes you her thanks.

Decided not to spend another night in a hotel so after spending some time in Santa Fe, hit the wife's two favorite thrift stores there we had dinner then headed for home. Of course we were both tired so lots of stops along the way, lots of caffeine and some high sugar, quick energy snacks....... Almost 6 hours later we're home.
One thing we both decided is while we like Colorado Springs and the huge mountains we've both grown quite fond of the high desert and are seriously contemplating a future move to the Albuquerque area that is if the judge rules in my favor and we get the amounts (monthly and lump sum) we're praying for.

Moki has been given pumpkin for about a week now. It worked at first, but then stopped. His poop is normal but I want it looser.
Vet said to give him Miralax...1/2 to 1 tsp per day depending on HOW loose I want it. I want it soft...so no pain when it passes the tumor towards the exit hole.
Some laxatives are poisonous to dogs, so that is why I asked the vet which was safe. He said Miralax. And no more than 1 tsp a day...and he weighs 37 lbs. You might want to try that? It comes in powder form. Just dump it in Daisy's food. Warm baths will help stimulate her too...in short....melt what is inside her so it comes out. Being constipated sucks...even for animals. And go easy on the rice. Make a mush meal...like maltomeal-ish in consistency. At least until that backlog of load comes out.

A butt massage helps too. Moki gets nightly butt scratches on his back, compliments of Daddy (MrG). Soft strokes on her back near her tail, and circular rubs gently. Try the pumpkin. About half a cup...see if that unclogs her.

Can I get an Amen? I say, CAN I GET AN AMEN? The sweet potato did its magic! Daisy stopped at one of her favorite spots and produced a prodigious pile, worthy of a dog three times her size! After she completes the task at hand, she never does that typical dog action of scraping her hind legs as if to conceal the outcome. Nope! My dog runs away fast! And tonight she ran the run of the liberated, the satisfied, the accomplished.

Dog and master are both greatly relieved in every sense of the word.

And a special shout out to @Six Foot for the suggestion. Daisy owes you her thanks.
Dogs LOVE pumpkin. From now on, put just a little in her food...just to keep things moving freely. :)

Just got off the phone with the little one. She had to call to let me know she's going to Disney. :lol:

I don't think she realizes I was in on the surprise. Plus it always makes me happy that she thinks to call me when she's away. :)

I suppose it is a phobia, but, with some of the things I have watched on bridges, it is real too!
Like Gracie, I am worse if there is water under them. Like my mom always said to me...I just have to suck it up and do it.
But, doesn't mean I am not skeered!!

Reminds of the time Garmin tried to kill me and Mrs. Liberty. Driving home from Colorado to Michigan and we were in Iowa. About six hours from home and tired Garmin decides the highway is not the way to go. Next thing we know the deep and dark Mississippi River is right in front of us.

Forum List

Back