USMB Coffee Shop IV

Did a binge on netflix watching Stranger Things. Talk about a dumb show. And that was just season 1. I'll pass on the next ones.

Meanwhile, woke up this morning to two dead phones. The landline and the cell both went bonkers. Lucky us. Both are working now though. Don't know what happened..don't care as long as it doesn't happen again.

Cold here. Then it gets hot in the afternoon. Then cold again. I think I am ready to move. Each day that passes shows me more and more this is what we are supposed to do. Small things, but very pointedly. So...15 more days. Then we be gone.

I liked Stranger Things. I thought it was a fun tribute to the 80s.
It's a sitcom...... :dunno:
Heck I tried watching a couple of sitcoms on Putlocker....... I'd rather watch a bad B movie. :thup:

Um, Stranger Things isn't a sitcom. It's a supernatural or sci-fi horror.
It's still a sitcom to me...... :D

Can you credit it. I have been waiting in for a parcel from amazon for days. I finally had to go out for food and the parcel came five minutes after I had left. What is more annoying is I left a note on the door telling where to leave the parcel but they didn't . They took it back to the sorting office, so I have to go out of my way to collect it.

Must be very different there than here. I feel lucky if they throw the box over the low wall around our entry courtyard, even more so if they pitch it on the porch. They do ring the doorbell but are usually long gone when we get to the door to retrieve the package.

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and their Moki,
Montrovant's transition,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, 007, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Special thoughts for Sherry and WelfareQueen tonight. They are in the middle of the hurricane battering Florida tonight and Montrovant could also be in the path.

th

Foxy.....Thank you for your kind words last night. Sherry and I survived the Hurricane. It hit about 120 miles north of us. We mostly got huge amounts of rain and quite a bit of localized flooding. Our storm surge was about three feet....but we are about six miles inland so it presented no problem for us. The folks in the Big Bend area had up to a 12 foot storm surge and major flooding. Leon County (where Tallahassee the State Capital is located) had 65% of residents without power as of this morning. One County.....(I believe it was Taylor) had 99% power loss.

My work was cancelled for the last two days and Sherry is coming home early tonight. All in all.....I'd say we got off lucky. Unfortunately....many in the State did not.
Well it was only a Cat 1 when it hit but then again the media has to make it look like the catastrophe of the century. Glad to see you two are alright but I expected nothing less as I'm sure you both have been through much stronger hurricanes.

There hasn't been a hurricane in the state since 2005...I've been here almost 7 years, and WQ less than 3. There was a lot of flooding from tropical storm Debby back in 2012. The most destruction from these type of storms is usually the water damage from flooding. I worry most about losing power and not having enough supply of fresh water.

Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, 007, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Special thoughts for Sherry and WelfareQueen tonight. They are in the middle of the hurricane battering Florida tonight and Montrovant could also be in the path.

th

Foxy.....Thank you for your kind words last night. Sherry and I survived the Hurricane. It hit about 120 miles north of us. We mostly got huge amounts of rain and quite a bit of localized flooding. Our storm surge was about three feet....but we are about six miles inland so it presented no problem for us. The folks in the Big Bend area had up to a 12 foot storm surge and major flooding. Leon County (where Tallahassee the State Capital is located) had 65% of residents without power as of this morning. One County.....(I believe it was Taylor) had 99% power loss.

My work was cancelled for the last two days and Sherry is coming home early tonight. All in all.....I'd say we got off lucky. Unfortunately....many in the State did not.
Well it was only a Cat 1 when it hit but then again the media has to make it look like the catastrophe of the century. Glad to see you two are alright but I expected nothing less as I'm sure you both have been through much stronger hurricanes.

There hasn't been a hurricane in the state since 2005...I've been here almost 7 years, and WQ less than 3. There was a lot of flooding from tropical storm Debby back in 2012. The most destruction from these type of storms is usually the water damage from flooding. I worry most about losing power and not having enough supply of fresh water.

And when it's like that you seem to need water all the time..

Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,

th

I lost count of the number of typhoons, hurricanes and earthquakes I've lived through.
That's why you always have an emergency "bug out bag" (kit) which includes some form of water purification device/tablets.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
Putlocker

What is that? Never heard of it. Ringel05
Putlocker has free movies and TV shows, but be careful that it's Putlocker and not a copycat (attack) site

Yikes! How do you know?
Putlocker - Watch Movies Online Free

There are others that show up on the search if you're looking for it. I have it saved.

Bookmarked. Thank you mister Ringel...:)

Putlocker

Putlocker has free movies and TV shows, but be careful that it's Putlocker and not a copycat (attack) site

Yikes! How do you know?

There are others that show up on the search if you're looking for it. I have it saved.

Ringel knows everything computer. I think he invented the internets.

Matter of fact we're all prolly just pixels on one of his screens and don't exist at all.

Yikes! How do you know?

Matter of fact we're all prolly just pixels on one of his screens and don't exist at all.

That is a fact!

Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,

th

I was living in Richmond Virginia in 2003 when Hurricane Isabel hit. That was catastrophic for Virginia. We were without power for 11 days in the heart of a city of 1.3 million people. A huge elm tree in my front yard nearly went through the roof during the height of the storm. A giant tree also crashed down in the back yard.

I have been through about 5 major Hurricanes in my life. Isabel was off the charts. A direct hit. These are a few satellite pics of Isabel. The heart of that bitch went right over my house. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Hurricane_Isabel_18_sept_2003_1555Z.jpg
isabel091803-1545z.jpg
Hurricane_Isabel_NC_landfall_radar.jpg

Yikes! How do you know?

I'm trying to figure out right now just who's more full of it, you or me...... :D

I was living in Richmond Virginia in 2003 when Hurricane Isabel hit. That was catastrophic for Virginia. We were without power for 11 days in the heart of a city of 1.3 million people. A huge elm tree in my front yard nearly went through the roof during the height of the storm. A giant tree also crashed down in the back yard.

I have been through about 5 major Hurricanes in my life. Isabel was off the charts. A direct hit. These are a few satellite pics of Isabel. The heart of that bitch went right over my house. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Hurricane_Isabel_18_sept_2003_1555Z.jpg
isabel091803-1545z.jpg
Hurricane_Isabel_NC_landfall_radar.jpg
I was in Reston at the time, I remember it. The morning after we were (luckily) on a flight to see my parents, Dulles was one of the few places that had power. The roads were covered in mostly leaf debris.

Last edited:
When I was in the Philippines we went through three typhoons, the first one was moderate, the second was huge, our neighbor lost their roof, we only lost our front screen door. The third one was small but destroyed a gazebo in the neighborhood which had withstood the first two. The houses were made of cement block.

Happy Saturday everybody though I imagine the weather is atrocious for a whole bunch of you on the East Coast. Hermine isn't a hurricane any more but still a powerful weather system that doesn't appear to have any intention of giving up any time soon.

We have returned to summer here though not extreme--a week of probably mid to high 80's and for us that is quite pleasant. I slept in this morning not really on purpose. Sat down to watch some morning TV shortly after thinking I had gotten up for the day and was out for the next two hours. Not like me so I must have needed it. But hoping for a good day for all.

Last night the centuries old tradition of burning Old Man Zozobra kicked off the Santa Fe Fiesta, a really big deal in New Mexico especially for those who live there or near there.

Zozobra is roughtly translated 'anxiety' or 'gloom'. By burning him all the worries and troubles of the previous year are destroyed and we all start over fresh. The people are invited to write down the nature of their gloom on a slip of paper and place these in a gloom box in the weeks leading up to the burning and these are placed at Zozobra's feet to be burned with him. As the figure burned in effagy is huge--40 to 50 feet tall with low level fireworks accompanying the lighting-- it is quite a spectacle.

Zozobra_2013_Ian_Armstrong.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back