USMB Coffee Shop IV

Hiya Kat. Lazy hot day in store today for us too but only in the high 80's and that is very comfortable for us. We're headed into several days of similar weather before it cools down again--I'm hoping the last gasp of summer maybe? I am so ready for fall here which consists of very cool nights making for great sleeping and pleasantly warm days with brilliant clear blue skies, a few fluffy white clouds to add interest, beautiful fall colors, and less crowded everywhere as school has started and most of the tourists are gone. Fall is a very long season for us often beginning in early Sepatember and extending into early December. But not always. We have had the Balloon Fiesta snowed out in the first week in October.

For for now, all is good.

Cool for this area, currently in the 80s. The monsoons caused a weed explosion in the xeriscaping with some weeds having reached 4 feet high. Been waiting on my usual guy to come by and take care of it but I haven't seen him in a couple of months so when another guy came by this morning I gave the job to him. He got the main areas in front and to the big side of the house but didn't get the small side or the area on the far side of the driveway...... Oh well, looks like I'll have to do those as well as the back yard where the cats are playing jungle kitty in the tall grass.

Just a thought that spelling should definitely be a major course in schools?

999390_323016777834368_41359114_n.jpg

Wanna hear more drama? It never seems to end, lol.
So...the place we are/were heading...we may not. The Tyrant is already tyranting and we are not there yet. MrG didn't really want to go in the first place because this gal is very alpha. She is also very rude. I'm used to it, but, being at her mercy is not something he looked forward to. We really didn't have much choice, so when she said we could have the garage, the side yard would be mine to do with as I wish, the rent would be such and such, the dogs are soooo welcome to help keep the yard clear of raccoons from coming in the house....we thought great. This will work. But..things keep changing and we are not even there yet. Now its not the garage. It is the bonus room. Oops. No. A week later, its not the bonus room...its the smallest bedroom in the house. Oh, and the dogs can't get access to the back yard cuz they keep the door closed for skeeters and raccoons to not being able to get in. Oops, the other roomie may have issue with the dogs. Oops, the side yard I can have has to be kept clear for access to them. Oops, dogs cannot pee on the lawn in the back yard they previously had access too. Oops, the smallest bedroom has room only for one person so she hopes I don't mind sleeping on teh couch in the living room. Oops. They get up at 5am and why can't we be like "normal people" and get up at the same time? Why do we have to be night owls? They go to bed at 8pm and expect complete silence. Oops. Oh, and if we want two rooms, they are eager to ask the other roomie to move so I can have that room but its gonna cost more. Oops.

So...needless to say...it isn't looking very good. I sent her two boxes in the mail, that is sitting now in her garage. We sent a check for 300 bucks since she has started bitching about losing rent waiting for us. None of this came up before, so when I ask questions now, I get a snarky response. This woman...who lived with us...her, her son, her sons friend, her husband...is now in control of us and I think plans to squeeze as much out of us as possible, confine us to a small room and want us to keep our dogs caged. Meanwhile, all our mail is going there, our new bank is there, and the inlaws moved in yet another person so no room with them.

Looks like we be living in our cars after all in 2 weeks.

Isn't this fun?

So...the place we are/were heading...we may not. The Tyrant is already tyranting and we are not there yet. MrG didn't really want to go in the first place because this gal is very alpha. She is also very rude. I'm used to it, but, being at her mercy is not something he looked forward to. We really didn't have much choice, so when she said we could have the garage, the side yard would be mine to do with as I wish, the rent would be such and such, the dogs are soooo welcome to help keep the yard clear of raccoons from coming in the house....we thought great. This will work. But..things keep changing and we are not even there yet. Now its not the garage. It is the bonus room. Oops. No. A week later, its not the bonus room...its the smallest bedroom in the house. Oh, and the dogs can't get access to the back yard cuz they keep the door closed for skeeters and raccoons to not being able to get in. Oops, the other roomie may have issue with the dogs. Oops, the side yard I can have has to be kept clear for access to them. Oops, dogs cannot pee on the lawn in the back yard they previously had access too. Oops, the smallest bedroom has room only for one person so she hopes I don't mind sleeping on teh couch in the living room. Oops. They get up at 5am and why can't we be like "normal people" and get up at the same time? Why do we have to be night owls? They go to bed at 8pm and expect complete silence. Oops. Oh, and if we want two rooms, they are eager to ask the other roomie to move so I can have that room but its gonna cost more. Oops.

So...needless to say...it isn't looking very good. I sent her two boxes in the mail, that is sitting now in her garage. We sent a check for 300 bucks since she has started bitching about losing rent waiting for us. None of this came up before, so when I ask questions now, I get a snarky response. This woman...who lived with us...her, her son, her sons friend, her husband...is now in control of us and I think plans to squeeze as much out of us as possible, confine us to a small room and want us to keep our dogs caged. Meanwhile, all our mail is going there, our new bank is there, and the inlaws moved in yet another person so no room with them.

Isn't this fun?

Geez Gracie, what next? How could people change that much in so short a time? I have no words. Just so sorry.

I am on a mad scramble now...looking for whatever I can find. If possible. If not...at least we own two vehicles. Things could be worse.

If I can find a place that will be doable and ready in a month or two, we could stay in a motel. We do have money for emergencies and we have our SS but that will go real fast in a motel. REAL fast.
So..scrambling hither and yon.

Meanwhile...Plan 24C....get in truck tomorrow and go thru each and every box stuffed in it. SELL IT ALL. Keep bathroom stuff (still in bathroom), 3 outfits, 2 uggs, 1 sandals. MrG keeps 2 shoes, 3 jeans, two shirts, 5 socks. We keep the pcs, the tvs (barter possibilities later on for the tvs), paperwork box (our files). All else of sentimental value I kept to haul down south..SELL. Sentimental won't put a roof over our heads or feed us. So...what is in the truck is fixing to be majorly shortened space wise. MAJORLY. Yard sale will be this coming weekend. Its the only weekend we have left. Get 'er dun, says I. Don't think about it. Don't be sad about it. Just DO it. Cry later.

Isn't this fun?
OMG Gracie, You CANNOT live with people like that. They'll make you want to top yourself within a week! And the poor dogs.
Wish I had a solution.

Still scrambling. Got 2 weeks to figure something out. Dunno what, but something. MrG wants to live in the cars, lol.
Yes, I am laughing. Beats what I could be doing.

Oh no no no. I would never do that. *shuddering at the thought*

I am going to stop freaking out. I took a nap, ordered pizza, and now am off to watch Penny Dreadfall Season 2.
Like Scarlett...tomorrow is another day. :)

I just needed to let it all out. It helped. And thank you so much for the kindness of words, Tilly. Getting that helps more than money does. Money is good, but we don't need it. We need a roof we can assuredly pay for. Problem is...roofs are expensive, lol.

Last edited:
I just got off the phone with the little one. She is having a great time at Disney World. They weren't able to do Splash Mountain, apparently something was wrong with it, so they are hoping to do it tomorrow, their last day. She enjoyed Space Mountain and a couple of others that I was worried she might find scary. She ate with Cinderella and played some sort of car-making game. She even said I could tickle her when she gets home on Tuesday. :D

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and their Moki,
Montrovant's transition,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, 007, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

North Carolina Sunset

sunset-over-north-carolina-mtns-randall-branham.jpg

Isn't this fun?
Gracie, ya may have already looked here but just in case you haven't. Some do help with pets. :dunno:

homeless programs for people with pets california - Google Search
https://www.google.com/search?q=hom....1c.1.64.serp..8.1.249...0i8i30k1.GXU9shokBO8
Homeless California: Shelters and Resources

I'm thinking those LA "friends" must be on something--major league boozers or whatever--to have done a full 180 like that re the Gracies. I can't imagine. But it is both frustrating and angering.

But it really isn't fair. I have experienced violent storms, tornados, the edge of a hurricane, wild fires and forest fires, etc. but never an earthquake. We have been to California numerous times and I always hoped for just a little shaker--nothing big--just so I could say I had experienced an Earthquake. But no, nothing, any time we've been there. I've been through Oklahoma umpteen jillion times and have lived a lot of years in Texas and a lot of years in Kansas and nothing. Nary the slightest tremor. And now that I've left that area they have them all the time. I think I shall probably never experience that earthquake. Seriously I'm glad nobody was hurt or seriously damaged though.
Tremors aren't a big deal. I felt this one when in bed in North Texas. It felt like the cat was walking on the bed. Looking up, no cat, but it had stopped.

Forum List

Back