USMB Coffee Shop IV

But it really isn't fair. I have experienced violent storms, tornados, the edge of a hurricane, wild fires and forest fires, etc. but never an earthquake. We have been to California numerous times and I always hoped for just a little shaker--nothing big--just so I could say I had experienced an Earthquake. But no, nothing, any time we've been there. I've been through Oklahoma umpteen jillion times and have lived a lot of years in Texas and a lot of years in Kansas and nothing. Nary the slightest tremor. And now that I've left that area they have them all the time. I think I shall probably never experience that earthquake. Seriously I'm glad nobody was hurt or seriously damaged though.
Tremors aren't a big deal. I felt this one when in bed in North Texas. It felt like the cat was walking on the bed. Looking up, no cat, but it had stopped.

:) For sure I only want to experience a little one--just strong enough to be really felt but not enough to damage anything.

And welcome back DW. Glad you stopped by. Do that more often.

Happy Labor Day, friends! :)

LaborDay7.gif

But it really isn't fair. I have experienced violent storms, tornados, the edge of a hurricane, wild fires and forest fires, etc. but never an earthquake. We have been to California numerous times and I always hoped for just a little shaker--nothing big--just so I could say I had experienced an Earthquake. But no, nothing, any time we've been there. I've been through Oklahoma umpteen jillion times and have lived a lot of years in Texas and a lot of years in Kansas and nothing. Nary the slightest tremor. And now that I've left that area they have them all the time. I think I shall probably never experience that earthquake. Seriously I'm glad nobody was hurt or seriously damaged though.
Tremors aren't a big deal. I felt this one when in bed in North Texas. It felt like the cat was walking on the bed. Looking up, no cat, but it had stopped.

:) For sure I only want to experience a little one--just strong enough to be really felt but not enough to damage anything.

That's how I feel about a tornado. They are pretty awesome, the power that they have to just wipe out entire towns makes me feel awe struck, and I would kind of like to see one, but from a safe distance. Lol. :D

Thanks! Something for your bucket list to be would be at the top of a skyscraper during an earthquake.

Faultline: Earthquake Engineering | Exploratorium

Thanks but I think I would stick with just a little tremor--enough to be felt--but not one I would want to run from and especailly one I would want to run from and couldn't. You have to hand it to the Japanese. They seem to be able to construct buildings that handle the big shakers really well.

Thanks but I think I would stick with just a little tremor--enough to be felt--but not one I would want to run from and especailly one I would want to run from and couldn't. You have to hand it to the Japanese. They seem to be able to construct buildings that handle the big shakers really well.
A small tremor is much like a large truck driving close to your house.

Agreed about the Japanese. They, like Alaska and California, are on "the Ring of Fire":
The Ring of Fire is a string of volcanoes and sites of seismic activity, or earthquakes, around the edges of the Pacific Ocean. Roughly 90% of all earthquakes occur along the Ring of Fire, and the ring is dotted with 75% of all active volcanoes on Earth.

The Ring of Fire isn’t quite a circular ring. It is shaped more like a 40,000-kilometer (25,000-mile) horseshoe. A string of 452 volcanoes stretches from the southern tip of South America, up along the coast of North America, across the Bering Strait, down through Japan, and into New Zealand. Several active and dormant volcanoes in Antarctica, however, “close” the ring.

110317224141945-600x374.jpg

Ring of Fire

Oh my. So sorry. I especially feel for you with that cracked rib. There are few injuries more painful.
Thanks. I'm fine as long as I sit in my lounge chair. IIRC, it's the fifth time I've cracked a rib. Two others were also accidents and two were from TKD sparring.

A car accident?
Leaping over a fence and face-planting on a concrete floor. Apparently I'm not as spry as I was at 50.

Not a medical person here, but the odd thing was I hit the floor with my left eyebrow ridge, but the results were a black eye.

Forum List

Back