USMB Coffee Shop IV

Welcome to the Coffee Shop Tilly. I see you've already settled in here but you still need your first timer's complimentary beverage:

Zombie.png
Thank you, Foxfyre :)

Oh no no no. I would never do that. *shuddering at the thought*

I am going to stop freaking out. I took a nap, ordered pizza, and now am off to watch Penny Dreadfall Season 2.
Like Scarlett...tomorrow is another day. :)

I just needed to let it all out. It helped. And thank you so much for the kindness of words, Tilly. Getting that helps more than money does. Money is good, but we don't need it. We need a roof we can assuredly pay for. Problem is...roofs are expensive, lol.
Maybe that wasn't one of my better suggestions, sorry :smiliehug:

It's ok, Tilly. Go Fund Me is a great thing, but....one of my sins is pride. Only way I would ever ask for help is if MrG was sick and on his death bed and I needed help..or one of my furkids. And if we didn't have a car.

Meanwhile...I am following up on some leads I got yesterday. AND...the gal I was going to to begin with, called me last night. I sent her a long email telling her that we probably would not be coming because this wishy washy stuff isn't working out for us. We spoke probably an hour..long enough for my ear to get numb from the the phone pressed against it. She apologized...said it does sound crazy and she is just trying very hard to find a spot for us where we will be comfortable. I said we would be comfortable if she would just stick to the original plan and stop changing things and tell me up front what she wants, doesn't want, the sharing spaces, where the dogs can and cannot go and in general..to stop thinking out loud with all this switcherooing. She said she would. So...I will continue my hunt and leads, and keep her on the back burner for now but not completely shut off. MrG wants to go ahead and go there...check it out for a month...and if it is too wonky, we leave. Simple as that, he said. I am inclined to go along with what he is saying, but it still keeps me on edge...which is my nature anyway. I tend to be paranoid. This is all new for us, so...its a learning experience.

Welcome to the Coffee Shop Tilly. I see you've already settled in here but you still need your first timer's complimentary beverage:

Zombie.png
Thank you, Foxfyre :)

Welcome to the Coffee Shop, Tilly! So good to have you here. :)
Why thank you, Chris. I don't know why I've never ventured here before, it's so pleasant :beer:

Yup! This is where we go to escape the mean nasty trollish behavior. :)

My binge of watching Penny Dreadful is now complete. MrG is in his room as I type, just starting his binge of season 2. I eagerly await Season 3!!

But...now it is time to go water the back yard since I have been in front of this pc bingeing for the past 48 hours, lol.

While watering the yard, neighbors came over asking if I had plants left. Why yes, a small selection I planned to leave to the owner of the house. Not any more. 20 bucks in my pocket.:)

Just reading posts from friends and family from Kansas to the DFW area--very strong earthquake--5.6 according to the USGS--hit there early this morning. Epicenter in Pawnee County in northern Oklahoma. Friends in Wichita said they moved to the doorway and held on to ride it out--it was that strong and scary. Felt strongly in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and all the way into northern Kansas. Unprecedented.

One friend in Wichita who is a professional archeologist and does excavations in that area says she has found evidence of seismic events in ancient times--sand blown through artifacts, etc. (I would think tornado instead of earthquake, but she may see something I don't. . .) Anyhow now wondering if that area is the new New Madrid fault?
Ppffftt! 5.6 is puny. We get those all the time and with little resultant damage. But I suppose, we'd be pretty upset if a tornado blew through these parts...

Wanna hear more drama? It never seems to end, lol.
So...the place we are/were heading...we may not. The Tyrant is already tyranting and we are not there yet. MrG didn't really want to go in the first place because this gal is very alpha. She is also very rude. I'm used to it, but, being at her mercy is not something he looked forward to. We really didn't have much choice, so when she said we could have the garage, the side yard would be mine to do with as I wish, the rent would be such and such, the dogs are soooo welcome to help keep the yard clear of raccoons from coming in the house....we thought great. This will work. But..things keep changing and we are not even there yet. Now its not the garage. It is the bonus room. Oops. No. A week later, its not the bonus room...its the smallest bedroom in the house. Oh, and the dogs can't get access to the back yard cuz they keep the door closed for skeeters and raccoons to not being able to get in. Oops, the other roomie may have issue with the dogs. Oops, the side yard I can have has to be kept clear for access to them. Oops, dogs cannot pee on the lawn in the back yard they previously had access too. Oops, the smallest bedroom has room only for one person so she hopes I don't mind sleeping on teh couch in the living room. Oops. They get up at 5am and why can't we be like "normal people" and get up at the same time? Why do we have to be night owls? They go to bed at 8pm and expect complete silence. Oops. Oh, and if we want two rooms, they are eager to ask the other roomie to move so I can have that room but its gonna cost more. Oops.

So...needless to say...it isn't looking very good. I sent her two boxes in the mail, that is sitting now in her garage. We sent a check for 300 bucks since she has started bitching about losing rent waiting for us. None of this came up before, so when I ask questions now, I get a snarky response. This woman...who lived with us...her, her son, her sons friend, her husband...is now in control of us and I think plans to squeeze as much out of us as possible, confine us to a small room and want us to keep our dogs caged. Meanwhile, all our mail is going there, our new bank is there, and the inlaws moved in yet another person so no room with them.

Looks like we be living in our cars after all in 2 weeks.

Isn't this fun?
Wanna hear more drama? It never seems to end, lol.
So...the place we are/were heading...we may not. The Tyrant is already tyranting and we are not there yet. MrG didn't really want to go in the first place because this gal is very alpha. She is also very rude. I'm used to it, but, being at her mercy is not something he looked forward to. We really didn't have much choice, so when she said we could have the garage, the side yard would be mine to do with as I wish, the rent would be such and such, the dogs are soooo welcome to help keep the yard clear of raccoons from coming in the house....we thought great. This will work. But..things keep changing and we are not even there yet. Now its not the garage. It is the bonus room. Oops. No. A week later, its not the bonus room...its the smallest bedroom in the house. Oh, and the dogs can't get access to the back yard cuz they keep the door closed for skeeters and raccoons to not being able to get in. Oops, the other roomie may have issue with the dogs. Oops, the side yard I can have has to be kept clear for access to them. Oops, dogs cannot pee on the lawn in the back yard they previously had access too. Oops, the smallest bedroom has room only for one person so she hopes I don't mind sleeping on teh couch in the living room. Oops. They get up at 5am and why can't we be like "normal people" and get up at the same time? Why do we have to be night owls? They go to bed at 8pm and expect complete silence. Oops. Oh, and if we want two rooms, they are eager to ask the other roomie to move so I can have that room but its gonna cost more. Oops.

So...needless to say...it isn't looking very good. I sent her two boxes in the mail, that is sitting now in her garage. We sent a check for 300 bucks since she has started bitching about losing rent waiting for us. None of this came up before, so when I ask questions now, I get a snarky response. This woman...who lived with us...her, her son, her sons friend, her husband...is now in control of us and I think plans to squeeze as much out of us as possible, confine us to a small room and want us to keep our dogs caged. Meanwhile, all our mail is going there, our new bank is there, and the inlaws moved in yet another person so no room with them.

Looks like we be living in our cars after all in 2 weeks.

Isn't this fun?
Dang, Gracie! If it weren't for bad luck, you'd have no luck at all.

Just reading posts from friends and family from Kansas to the DFW area--very strong earthquake--5.6 according to the USGS--hit there early this morning. Epicenter in Pawnee County in northern Oklahoma. Friends in Wichita said they moved to the doorway and held on to ride it out--it was that strong and scary. Felt strongly in the Dallas/Fort Worth area and all the way into northern Kansas. Unprecedented.

One friend in Wichita who is a professional archeologist and does excavations in that area says she has found evidence of seismic events in ancient times--sand blown through artifacts, etc. (I would think tornado instead of earthquake, but she may see something I don't. . .) Anyhow now wondering if that area is the new New Madrid fault?
Ppffftt! 5.6 is puny. We get those all the time and with little resultant damage. But I suppose, we'd be pretty upset if a tornado blew through these parts...

But folks in Oklahoma are pretty used to dealing with tornadoes. 5.6 earthquakes not so much. :)

Good night Darlinks. I hope all sleep well. I really do love you guys.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition and their Moki,
Montrovant's transition,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, 007, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

Devil's Tower, Wyoming--think Close Encounters of the Third Kind

strange_places_strange_stories_3.jpg

We talked again today, GW. This is new for her, too. Two people, two dogs. We know each other, yes, and have lived together before. But...its different somehow. She makes me nervous, but..she is also trying very hard to make sure WE are comfortable in their home. Its going to be a learning process all over again for all of us. I need to be more patient and not so paranoid and she needs to not keep switching things around. She agreed and I agreed to slow down and let things fall in place. If it doesn't we both agreed we will stay friends and MrG and I will move on...to wherever. I HOPE it works out. I want to stay there until senior housing calls with an available unit. THEN we can come home!

But folks in Oklahoma are pretty used to dealing with tornadoes. 5.6 earthquakes not so much. :)
'Zackley my point. Earthquakes and volcanoes are commonplace here. And while we do get some pretty impressive winds, we get nothing like a tornado or hurricane.

We talked again today, GW. This is new for her, too. Two people, two dogs. We know each other, yes, and have lived together before. But...its different somehow. She makes me nervous, but..she is also trying very hard to make sure WE are comfortable in their home. Its going to be a learning process all over again for all of us. I need to be more patient and not so paranoid and she needs to not keep switching things around. She agreed and I agreed to slow down and let things fall in place. If it doesn't we both agreed we will stay friends and MrG and I will move on...to wherever. I HOPE it works out. I want to stay there until senior housing calls with an available unit. THEN we can come home!
You know I'm crossing all fingers and toes, and drawing as much as I can on my good karma and sending it your way. I do hope things work out for you and Mr.G.
In the meantime, goozfrabba!

Forum List

Back