USMB Coffee Shop IV

Stranger Things was awful. Bad writing, bad acting, and rip offs of at least 6 movies. But..that is just my opinion. Many liked it. Many more hated it, lol. Wanna see a great show? Watch Penny Dreadful.

Stranger Things was awful. Bad writing, bad acting, and rip offs of at least 6 movies. But..that is just my opinion. Many liked it. Many more hated it, lol. Wanna see a great show? Watch Penny Dreadful.

Stranger Things is pretty well liked. 9.1/10 on IMDB, 9.1/10 by viewers on Metacritic, 95% liked with an average score of 4.7/5 on Rotten Tomatoes.

I've thought about watching Penny Dreadful before but never got around to actually doing it. :p

Stranger Things is pretty well liked. 9.1/10 on IMDB, 9.1/10 by viewers on Metacritic, 95% liked with an average score of 4.7/5 on Rotten Tomatoes.

I've thought about watching Penny Dreadful before but never got around to actually doing it. :p
It is really good. Read up on it. Then give it a go.

I am up at 5.30 am because I have been awake for over an hour, so I gave up trying to sleep.
Its one of those nights, one of those long and lonely nights.

Oh..and don't watch it with kids around. Lots of sex scenes. LOTS.
Have you seen any of the 3 Spartacus series? Talk about sex and violence. Its over the top with both.
I bought the set and its more than 3 seasons. :lol:

It kinda lost its flavor after Andy Whitfield died. :(
When GoT is over...I might buy that set too.

I only remember 3 series. I must check if I missed something.

Might be only three seasons. I can't check cuz everything is packed and in the truck.

I am up at 5.30 am because I have been awake for over an hour, so I gave up trying to sleep.

Do you have a product over there called Tylenol PM or Acetomenophen PM? Two of those and a Naproxen--all over the counter meds--puts me out for the night. Might be worth a try. Anyhow this old lady is headed for bed. Good night Dajjal. Good night Gracie. See everybody in the morning.

Not going to post the Vigil list tonight--nothing has change.

I was MIA cuz I had to watch Better Late Than Never. I LOVE that show! I laugh for an hour!

Meanwhile...Dajjal...try melatonin. And a cup of nice hot Chamomille tea.

So, I woke up a little while ago to the police at my door. My car and my neighbor's car were broken into last night (more like very early this morning). Stupid me, I left my car unlocked with my bank debit card in there along with probably around $40 in cash (including both change and paper money), which was stolen. I guess I am way too complacent. My neighborhood is pretty safe and we don't have a whole lot of crime. Soooo . . . that's how my day is going so far.

Yuck Chris. So you did cancel your debit card yes? Not much to do about the theft unless you have a zero deductible insurance policy. Damage to your car? I hate hate HATE that we live in a time in which people assault people in so many ways. I know what you mean about not expecting these kinds of things though--we live in a higher crime area than you but that kind of thing is very rare in our neighborhood too. Still it happens. The sense of violation is usually harder to take than the loss of your property.

Yup. That was the first thing I did after talking with the police. I already got my replacement card (for an extra $12, rush shipping) instead of having to wait 5-10 business days. I know that's a scam, but I really need my card. Lol.

Meh, I don't feel violated. I feel more annoyed. The only reason why my car was targeted was because I left it unlocked.

So, I woke up a little while ago to the police at my door. My car and my neighbor's car were broken into last night (more like very early this morning). Stupid me, I left my car unlocked with my bank debit card in there along with probably around $40 in cash (including both change and paper money), which was stolen. I guess I am way too complacent. My neighborhood is pretty safe and we don't have a whole lot of crime. Soooo . . . that's how my day is going so far.

Yuck Chris. So you did cancel your debit card yes? Not much to do about the theft unless you have a zero deductible insurance policy. Damage to your car? I hate hate HATE that we live in a time in which people assault people in so many ways. I know what you mean about not expecting these kinds of things though--we live in a higher crime area than you but that kind of thing is very rare in our neighborhood too. Still it happens. The sense of violation is usually harder to take than the loss of your property.

Yup. That was the first thing I did after talking with the police. I already got my replacement card (for an extra $12, rush shipping) instead of having to wait 5-10 business days. I know that's a scam, but I really need my card. Lol.

Meh, I don't feel violated. I feel more annoyed. The only reason why my car was targeted was because I left it unlocked.
The only time I left one of our vehicles unlocked was when the primary battery in the Prius was almost dead and I didn't know it, a crack addict picked that night to hit our neighborhood.

The only time I left one of our vehicles unlocked was when the primary battery in the Prius was almost dead and I didn't know it, a crack addict picked that night to hit our neighborhood.

A good thing is that I've noticed the police have been patrolling my neighborhood in the last couple of days. My neighbor told me that she saw the police here in our parking lot at like 2 in the morning. I guess there have been quite a few car break ins around here in the last several weeks.

Do you have a product over there called Tylenol PM or Acetomenophen PM? Two of those and a Naproxen--all over the counter meds--puts me out for the night. Might be worth a try. Anyhow this old lady is headed for bed. Good night Dajjal. Good night Gracie. See everybody in the morning.

Not going to post the Vigil list tonight--nothing has change.

I don't need sleeping tablets because, not having to get up for work I just go to sleep when I am tired enough.
Usually I sleep through the night, but sometimes I wake up and cannot sleep, so I get up and surf the web.
I went back to bed at 6.30 am and slept till 10 am

A good thing is that I've noticed the police have been patrolling my neighborhood in the last couple of days. My neighbor told me that she saw the police here in our parking lot at like 2 in the morning. I guess there have been quite a few car break ins around here in the last several weeks.
No neighborhood is safe, I always take precautions, lock everything and keep my eyes open no matter where I am. Even when driving the vehicle is locked, especially in town where a carjacking is most likely to occur.
The police will provide temporary increased patrols in your area but like temporary means they will eventually have to focus elsewhere. A slight amount of paranoia is healthy, it's our built in defense mechanism, keeps us safer.

No neighborhood is safe, I always take precautions, lock everything and keep my eyes open no matter where I am. Even when driving the vehicle is locked, especially in town where a carjacking is most likely to occur.
The police will provide temporary increased patrols in your area but like temporary means they will eventually have to focus elsewhere. A slight amount of paranoia is healthy, it's our built in defense mechanism, keeps us safer.

I've always lived in fairly safe neighborhoods (except for a short time when I lived in Rhode Island - that was a pretty bad neighborhood but I only lived there for about a year), so I guess I'm pretty complacent. The only time I've ever been robbed (besides the other night) was when my car was stolen, but that was when I was attending college, and my car was stolen from the parking lot at school.

I just had a screen come up telling me I had a virus, and asking me to ring up and report it. It said do not restart your computer and gave a telephone number. But Microsoft security has not registered any threat. I am wondering what to do. The phone number could be a scam itself, and there might be hackers trying to get my info.

Forum List

Back