USMB Coffee Shop IV

My point was that it should be a skill we all should know , in case of any disaster for more than just a few days
I don't mean all should try, but just a skill to know from reading how to books.

Honestly, if I get to a point where I have to be able to kill and prepare my own food to survive, I don't think I'm going to want to survive anyway. :lol:

Interesting conversations happen at work while being muted on boring conference calls. Today it was about who would be prepared for a zombie apocalypse. Some in the room had no desire, and would prefer to eat a bullet than battle zombies.:D

Hmmm. I can/t say I have ever been presented with a choice between eating a bullet and battling zombies. I would have to think about that.

I would shoot as many zombies as I could , but save the last bullet for myself. Its better than getting turned into a zombie

Morning all !

Boy this week went by fast for me.
I woke up with the most horrendous cramp on the arch of my left foot. Man that was painful and a very rude awakening. :)

I hope you all have great weekend.

Morning all !

I woke up with the most horrendous cramp on the arch of my left foot. Man that was painful and a very rude awakening. :)

I found a daily magnesium supplement does wonders to keep that kind of experience to a minimum.

And here is something else to ponder. (Disclaimer: this was posted on Facebook by my cousin who has a PhD in a scientific field):

14445972_1019602591483628_20644233134785556_n.jpg

Black-Cat-random-32500173-1280-1024.jpg

Interesting.

Well. . . .not really when you think about it. :)

Yeah, maybe if you're dyslexic.:D

I think even dyslexia couldn't explain the problem here. :)

Good morning all. Hombre is off to get a problem fixed with our new Subaru--a minor recall issue. Son is practicing music for the funeral and other purposes in the great room. When Hombre returns, I will prepare a morning brunch and do the final touches on the eulogy I will deliver at the funeral for my uncle this afternoon. We're having beautiful fall weather in the 70's or very low 80's with occasional rain showers now and I love it. As the rain patterns are not all that usual for us this time of year the weather people are calling it the remnants of our monsoon season that usually doesn't last this long.

Hope all are having a good Friday and looking forward to a good weekend.

Morning all !

I found a daily magnesium supplement does wonders to keep that kind of experience to a minimum.

Magnesium is a good one, be sure it is readily absorbed by the body.

Woke up in the middle of the night realizing I should probably make a resume. The turn around here is going to take a long time and the pay is looking lower, plus the up and down of commissions is wearing.

Going to put out a resume and see what type of businesses are interested. Hopefully it is something close in annual pay with better medical and retirement.

Morning all !

Thank you for the advise. I will keep this in mind for the future.

After I woke up and got some coffee in me and my sluggish brain kicked in and I realised that t h e cramp was because of our new toilet. :biggrin:

We had the bigger taller tolit installed so that is was easier for hubby to stand up.
Nice for him but not for me because my feet don't touch the ground. I have to use a step to keep my feet from having to just use my toes in order to reach the ground. I totally forgot to use it yesterday. :redface:

Woke up in the middle of the night realizing I should probably make a resume. The turn around here is going to take a long time and the pay is looking lower, plus the up and down of commissions is wearing.

Going to put out a resume and see what type of businesses are interested. Hopefully it is something close in annual pay with better medical and retirement.

It never hurts to sniff out what opportunities are available. And having another job offer can sometimes be a powerful leverage to get a better deal where you are if you want to stay there. If not, new job, here you come.

Morning all !

After I woke up and got some coffee in me and my sluggish brain kicked in and I realised that t h e cramp was because of our new toilet. :biggrin:

We had the bigger taller tolit installed so that is was easier for hubby to stand up.
Nice for him but not for me because my feet don't touch the ground. I have to use a step to keep my feet from having to just use my toes in order to reach the ground. I totally forgot to use it yesterday. :redface:

Since you are accepting advice today Peach, never look up to pee.

It never hurts to sniff out what opportunities are available. And having another job offer can sometimes be a powerful leverage to get a better deal where you are.

Not looking for leverage, just a new challenge that pays consistently, better benefits and helps people.

Morning all !

Since you are accepting advice today Peach, never look up to pee.

I'm game. :biggrin:
WHY?

It never hurts to sniff out what opportunities are available. And having another job offer can sometimes be a powerful leverage to get a better deal where you are.

Not looking for leverage, just a new challenge that pays consistently, better benefits and helps people.
Retirement? It better be a government job.......... I don't think anyone else offers retirement these days.

Morning all !

I suggest you get that looked at....... Not joking.......

Forum List

Back