USMB Coffee Shop IV

I'm game. :biggrin:
WHY?

Wind shifts can be problematic.

You do realize I'm female right?
Our toilet is not outdoors by the way.:laugh:
You put an outhouse inside your house!!!!?????? Eeewwwwwww.........

I think you misread that.
No, I read it correctly....... :D

You're in a rare mood today.!
I kind of feel sorry for trogs on the rest of the board .
Sort of.........

Morning all !

Boy this week went by fast for me.
I woke up with the most horrendous cramp on the arch of my left foot. Man that was painful and a very rude awakening. :)

I hope you all have great weekend.
I suggest you get that looked at....... Not joking.......

Read post 37549 :)
That should not cause cramping unless you already have a known problem. :dunno:

Nope!
Just not used to supporting my weight on the balls of my feet.
It's great for the back of my calves though.

I've spent the last week plus researching the possible existence of men's short coats between 1800 and the late 1840s. The sack coat was introduced in the late 1840s, it is the precursor to out modern day suit coat.

It is what is typically referred to as the Empire Era and most coats were tail coats, short jackets called roundabouts (shell jackets) were prevalent in the military but so far I've found no evidence of a short civilian coat similar to a sack coat. It's very frustrating as I have read accounts and have at least one knowledgeable person (many years ago) tell me they existed at least in the 1830s.
I posed the question on the muzzelloading forum and forgot to frame the question in a manner a fifth grader could understand............. you might not believe exactly how frustrating reading those responses were.......... It's not the USMB so I had to seriously bite my tongue and rephrase the question without being snide or snarky.......... Still......... :dunno:

Wind shifts can be problematic.

Sort of.........
I'm always like this....... Just ask my wife....... :D

Morning all !

I woke up with the most horrendous cramp on the arch of my left foot. Man that was painful and a very rude awakening. :)

Nope!

Neither am I which is why I wear arch supports...... :eusa_whistle:

Sort of.........

I know, I don't need to ask her.
I meant more than you usually are. :)

Morning all !

Nope!

Neither am I which is why I wear arch supports...... :eusa_whistle:

My problem was forgetting to put my step down. Duh......:lmao:

Sort of.........

I know, I don't need to ask her.
I meant more than you usually are. :)
You're probably correct. over the last couple of days I've been dealing with "adults" on another forum where I asked a simple question that apparently was worded at too much a college level, rephrased it so a ten year old could easily understand it and now looks like I need to rephrase it so a six year old could answer it......... Talk about frustrating.........

That's why I call them trogs :)
I'm getting to the point where I might have to start using words like.... see Jane run , run Jane run. :)

I'm getting to the point where I might have to start using words like.... see Jane run , run Jane run. :)
The simple question was; Is there any man's coat that was similar to the Sack Coat in the early 1800s (1800 through 1840). This is a late 1840s through 1870s Sack Coat, approximately the length of modern day suit coats;

il_570xN.508629404_ptsb.jpg

The responses I'm receiving are;

1700s Frock Coat;

1780circa_frock_John_Musters_NGA_crop.jpg

1700s sleeved Waist Coat;

0f8cb503cb38c3da24ea93093471e590.jpg

1800s "roundabout" (Shell Jacket which only comes down to the waist);
9c34ee10b12ae15426f802a0ccc600c9.jpg

And a few others......., none of which are even remotely similar to the Sack Coat.........

Woke up in the middle of the night realizing I should probably make a resume. The turn around here is going to take a long time and the pay is looking lower, plus the up and down of commissions is wearing.

Going to put out a resume and see what type of businesses are interested. Hopefully it is something close in annual pay with better medical and retirement.

It never hurts to sniff out what opportunities are available. And having another job offer can sometimes be a powerful leverage to get a better deal where you are.

Not looking for leverage, just a new challenge that pays consistently, better benefits and helps people.
Retirement? It better be a government job.......... I don't think anyone else offers retirement these days.

Retirement or good 401(k).

Woke up in the middle of the night realizing I should probably make a resume. The turn around here is going to take a long time and the pay is looking lower, plus the up and down of commissions is wearing.

Going to put out a resume and see what type of businesses are interested. Hopefully it is something close in annual pay with better medical and retirement.

It never hurts to sniff out what opportunities are available. And having another job offer can sometimes be a powerful leverage to get a better deal where you are.

Not looking for leverage, just a new challenge that pays consistently, better benefits and helps people.
Retirement? It better be a government job.......... I don't think anyone else offers retirement these days.

Retirement or good 401(k).
Happy hunting........

The simple question was; Is there any man's coat that was similar to the Sack Coat in the early 1800s (1800 through 1840). This is a late 1840s through 1870s Sack Coat, approximately the length of modern day suit coats;

1700s Frock Coat;

And a few others......., none of which are even remotely similar to the Sack Coat.........

1700s Frock Coat;

How hilarious!
:lmao:

1700s Frock Coat;

1700s Frock Coat;

How hilarious!
:lmao:
Not to mention many of these people are well educated, very knowledgeable historians.....

Forum List

Back