USMB Coffee Shop IV

I figure we can get maybe 800 bucks off the 9 bucks he spent for it all. Which would be a HUGE blessing for us. Damn cost of moving was a doozy. I have stash money for a down on a home...and I have to use that money to pay the CC. But if I sell this jewelry for what I want for it....the cc will be paid and I won't have to use the stash funds.

MrG and FriendsMister (whom I shall start to call FM), are going to the swap meet tomorrow to get scrap metal and start doing that together again like they did when they lived with us. They both spent about 20 bucks total today on brass and copper...and so far as of yesterday, they have already collected about 80 bucks worth. MrG is no longer stagnating in front of his tv set, nor am I...both of us waiting to just die. Now we have goals. A home of our own, and MrG and FM doing scraping. We miss those 1200 and 1500 checks from the scrap metal yard. FM needs the cash too, since he is having a helluva time finding work. Being an ex felon....it is difficult for him. But now that MrG is back with him again and we all live in the same house..they can both make money together and they get along so well anyway..its a win win.

MrG and FriendsMister (whom I shall start to call FM), are going to the swap meet tomorrow to get scrap metal and start doing that together again like they did when they lived with us. They both spent about 20 bucks total today on brass and copper...and so far as of yesterday, they have already collected about 80 bucks worth. MrG is no longer stagnating in front of his tv set, nor am I...both of us waiting to just die. Now we have goals. A home of our own, and MrG and FM doing scraping. We miss those 1200 and 1500 checks from the scrap metal yard. FM needs the cash too, since he is having a helluva time finding work. Being an ex felon....it is difficult for him. But now that MrG is back with him again and we all live in the same house..they can both make money together and they get along so well anyway..its a win win.

I am seeing why you were brought back into their lives and in return they back into yours Gracie.

Been busy again, my frock coat is (mostly) finished but before I add buttons and button holes I want a couple of the people at Fort Stanton to look at it. As it looks a little frumpy I will most likely have to take it apart and refit it. Also been trying unsuccessfully to keep up with the cleaning, allergens and humidity have been high and most of the time I get little sleep and feel exhausted all the time.
One other thing I've been doing over the last week is watching old movies online, mostly the old westerns. Last night I watched Rio Grande with John Wayne and was pleasantly surprised at the historical accuracy of the clothing, weapons and accoutrements, heck even the "fort" was accurate. Granted the story line was pretty much all Hollywood but everything else was correctly done.
After that I watch Jimmy Stewart in Broken Arrow, other than some of the names everything about it was pure fiction including the costuming, great old entertainment though.

Happy Columbus Day!

columbus_day.gif

No difference for us except we won't get any mail today. Our friend may get out of the hospital today and we'll deliver our semi-resident mini doxie back to her, but otherwise we'll have an uneventful day most likely.

But good morning everybody. A beautiful bright blue October day in New Mexico--mid 70's to maybe even 80 during the day, low 50's and high 40's at night. Probably our last warmish week though--unusually warm for this time of year for us.

No difference for us except we won't get any mail today. Our friend may get out of the hospital today and we'll deliver our semi-resident mini doxie back to her, but otherwise we'll have an uneventful day most likely.

But good morning everybody. A beautiful bright blue October day in New Mexico--mid 70's to maybe even 80 during the day, low 50's and high 40's at night. Probably our last warmish week though--unusually warm for this time of year for us.
We're already up to 80 woke up with 70% humidity which is normal in the early morning down here for this time of year, it's dropped to 45% and should drop down to around 20% by mid afternoon.
The bird have been fed last night's stale popcorn and the two hummingbirds are still vying for control of the feeder. It's funny to watch them, the Broadtail will hover around the feeder then land and start feeding, the Ruby Throat will shoot in, hover over the Broadtail and the chase is on, the Ruby will return to the feeder and the process is repeated in reverse....... :lol:

We have had some nice and welcome rain the last couple of days--not enough to seriously interfere with the last weekend of the Balloon Fiesta though. The ballonists were clearing out yesterday afternoon and traffic is slowly returning to normal here. Hombre and I are waiting on a call from the hospital but hope to get to Lowes for a new ceiling fan light assembly for a back bedroom and a couple of decorative lights to flank the attached garage.

Today is my first day of class. My financial aid also went through, it was as the one woman said, about $700 of the about $900 tuition and fees. That doesn't count the close to $200 for 3 books. So it will end up being about $400 out of pocket for the semester.

I already hate it. It's pretty much worthless crap, I will almost certainly never use any of this in the future. It's not even related to health care, just the basic stuff you get in any degree. I knew I'd have to do this kind of thing, but it still annoys the hell out of me. Learning how to effectively read, a lot of which is by not actually reading.

I'm also having some issues with Word. There are instructions from one class on setting up Word. However, those instructions are for 2007 or 2010 Word. I'm using an online version of Word through the school that I believe is a 2016 version. Even there, it may not have all the normal features, but downloading and running it from the PC is not an available option. I'll have to see if I can use Libre office or something similar.

It's been a frustrating day so far and, I expect, that will probably continue. I can't say I'm confident about how this will go, I already want to break things. Things like this do nothing but reinforce my pessimism. :p

Today is my first day of class. My financial aid also went through, it was as the one woman said, about $700 of the about $900 tuition and fees. That doesn't count the close to $200 for 3 books. So it will end up being about $400 out of pocket for the semester.

I already hate it. It's pretty much worthless crap, I will almost certainly never use any of this in the future. It's not even related to health care, just the basic stuff you get in any degree. I knew I'd have to do this kind of thing, but it still annoys the hell out of me. Learning how to effectively read, a lot of which is by not actually reading.

I'm also having some issues with Word. There are instructions from one class on setting up Word. However, those instructions are for 2007 or 2010 Word. I'm using an online version of Word through the school that I believe is a 2016 version. Even there, it may not have all the normal features, but downloading and running it from the PC is not an available option. I'll have to see if I can use Libre office or something similar.

It's been a frustrating day so far and, I expect, that will probably continue. I can't say I'm confident about how this will go, I already want to break things. Things like this do nothing but reinforce my pessimism. :p

Bummer. (I wanted you to really enjoy it. We're still using a 2003 version of Word and I have refused to upgrade. The older version is less complicated and we can do everything we have to do on it. But if all you're having to do right now is basic college courses, I would think any word processing program would work.

Bummer. (I wanted you to really enjoy it. We're still using a 2003 version of Word and I have refused to upgrade. The older version is less complicated and we can do everything we have to do on it. But if all you're having to do right now is basic college courses, I would think any word processing program would work.

Hopefully it will be fine. I'm going to guess I can use the Word online they give access to and it's just a matter of the instructions being out of date. Even if I can't, I've got Libre office or OpenOffice available. It was just frustrating trying to follow the class's instructions using the Word provided by the school and having it not work properly.

Tomorrow I get to read some essays (I might actually do that tonight, but I spent long enough screwing around today so probably not) and then write my own essay about how I use reading strategies on one of them. In other words, I have to make some shit up, because what I really would do is just read the essay, not study the author or read the provided questions before I've read the essay, or try to skim it over first, or write in the $50+ book the essays are written in. But of course I can't say, "Well, I've found that these reading strategies are not for me, instead I just went ahead and read the essay and understood it fine". :lol:

I knew before I started that there would be a lot of BS involved, but it's still annoying. :dunno:

The wife uses 2010 Word, I use LibreOffice Writer, free and I can save everything to be used in Word so if it has to be opened in Word (say by a teacher) it can be opened.

And we continue to pray and/or send good vibes and/or keep vigil for:

Harper (Save's granddaughter),
Pogo’s friend Pat and special comfort for Pogo,
Becki and Becki’s hubby,
Mrs. O and SFCOllie,
GW's daughter, her friend Sachendra, and Sachendra's husband Bob and son Gary.
Noomi!!!
Nosmo's mom,
Ernie's stop smoking project,
Sherry’s Mom,
Rod, GW's partner,
The Ringels in difficult transition,
Kat, Mr. Kat and Kat's mom,
Boedicca's Dad,
Montrovant's transition,
Foxfyre's friend Dana and Aunt Betty,
Gracie and Mr. Gracie in a difficult transition,
Imperius,
All of us and those we care about who are looking for work,

And the light is left on for Alan, Noomi, Freedombecki, Oddball, Spoonman, and all the others who we miss and hope to return.

salar-de-uyuni-2.jpg

Its a £151 million jackpot on the euro lottery tonight, and I don't have a ticket. That's because I have been waiting in all day for a new mattress to be delivered by Amazon but it did not arrive. They emailed me saying it was due today, but they have let me down.

Its a £151 million jackpot on the euro lottery tonight, and I don't have a ticket. That's because I have been waiting in all day for a new mattress to be delivered by Amazon but it did not arrive. They emailed me saying it was due today, but they have let me down.

We got one of those Casper mattesses, delivered by truck to the front door. :)
We really like it!

We really like it!

I ordered a memory foam mattress, but it is a budget one not an expensive make. Mine was only £140 and you can pay £800 for a big name make. But I need one because I wore a hole in my old one with my feet.

We really like it!

I ordered a memory foam mattress, but it is a budget one not an expensive make. Mine was only £140 and you can pay £800 for a big name make. But I need one because I wore a hole in my old one with my feet.

Hmmm....
Do you have many dreams of running? :laugh:

Forum List

Back