USMB Coffee Shop IV

Morning all !

I didn't sleep well last night, could not seem to turn the brain off.
2 hours awake, 2 hours of sleep, on the couch, all night. :)

Then at about 1:30 in the morning lost the internet as well as the phone. Grrrr
Just now really getting started and it's 10:30.
I usually am a really early morning person, I get up before sunrrise. :)

It is frustrating when you plan to stay up and the TV and internet goes out. Having no phone is a bit scary for me--especially on the rare occasions we have neither a land line or cell phone service. We have elderly relatives for whom we are the first people they call if there is trouble, and we're at the age now we could really need to be able to call somebody.

What is frustrating though is our internet will be out so I'll call Comcast and the first thing they want to know is did we try to solve our problem using the internet solutions?

Comcast bastards! I have Comcast too.

It has much to commend it. But when it is bad it is really bad. :)

They overcharge, and their service is always messing up. How is it that I lose my internet and phone but not my cable TV sometimes? One time me and a couple of my other neighbors lost our internet, and I had called and they told me that it must be a problem on my end. If they are going to demand top dollar for their service, then I demand top service for my top dollar. :D

They overcharge, and their service is always messing up. How is it that I lose my internet and phone but not my cable TV sometimes? One time me and a couple of my other neighbors lost our internet, and I had called and they told me that it must be a problem on my end. If they are going to demand top dollar for their service, then I demand top service for my top dollar. :D
I found that years ago it's best to deal directly with your neighborhood Comcast outlet, especially if it's a satellite office (main offices not so much), they do care about your service because they are local. They're also the ones that will work with you to give you the best price available.

Been watching the hurricane coverage and honestly doing my best not to laugh at the TV especially when they interview locals who tell them it's no big deal......... :lol:

I found that years ago it's best to deal directly with your neighborhood Comcast outlet, especially if it's a satellite office (main offices not so much), they do care about your service because they are local. They're also the ones that will work with you to give you the best price available.

We don't even have a main office around here anymore. I found that out when I wanted to get a new remote. The closest one is like an hour away.

Been watching the hurricane coverage and honestly doing my best not to laugh at the TV especially when they interview locals who tell them it's no big deal......... :lol:

I can't help but to laugh at those reporters covering the hurricane. They stand outdoors in the driving wind and rain telling you that it's windy, rainy, and that there is a hurricane going on. What stupidity.

We don't even have a main office around here anymore. I found that out when I wanted to get a new remote. The closest one is like an hour away.
Typically you'll find that in huge metropolitan areas and small cities.

I can't help but to laugh at those reporters covering the hurricane. They stand outdoors in the driving wind and rain telling you that it's windy, rainy, and that there is a hurricane going on. What stupidity.
Not just that they don't expect the interviewee's response and have to recover from it and get back to tell us how destructive and dangerous it was/is.

Folks after a tornado all say it sounded like a freight train. I'd like to hear someone say it sounded like a calliope or a 1967 Dodge Dart with a hole in the muffler, or a herd of bison singing Handel's Messiah.

Watching a reporter stand up outside during a hurricane and reporting that the wind is blowing, the rain is coming down sideways and trees are being uprooted is just like watching a reporter saying "Dog bites Man! Film at eleven!"

Folks after a tornado all say it sounded like a freight train. I'd like to hear someone say it sounded like a calliope or a 1967 Dodge Dart with a hole in the muffler, or a herd of bison singing Handel's Messiah.

Watching a reporter stand up outside during a hurricane and reporting that the wind is blowing, the rain is coming down sideways and trees are being uprooted is just like watching a reporter saying "Dog bites Man! Film at eleven!"
"a herd of bison singing Handel's Messiah"

:rofl:

Totally agree with that, but the reporters are implying that the people who stayed behind are doing the same thing as them ,when they aren't.
They came out after the rain and winds died down, to do their videos, trying to influence what we are seeing with our own eyes as different. It's mind boggling. :eek-52:
I guess it's beyond reporters brains that the people who stayed behind really are smarter than them. :lmao:

Totally agree with that, but the reporters are implying that the people who stayed behind are doing the same thing as them ,when they aren't.
They came out after the rain and winds died down, to do their videos, trying to influence what we are seeing with our own eyes as different. It's mind boggling. :eek-52:
I guess it's beyond reporters brains that the people who stayed behind really are smarter than them. :lmao:
Granted the media is providing a public service but they overplay it to the hilt, in some ways like the boy who cried wolf or chicken little and the sky is falling.

Granted the media is providing a public service but they overplay it to the hilt, in some ways like the boy who cried wolf or chicken little and the sky is falling.

I was just watching one a few minutes ago, showing a video of twenty people who stayed behind in a Hotel.
You could plainly see there was no rain,a brisk breeze and the water was far below the porch that they were standing out on ,talking to someone else, either in a boat or someone in another building across the street.
Then the reporter says ; They really should not be out there standing in heavy rain, pounding high wind and high flooding water. WHAT!!
They live in a different world altogether. :lmao:

I was just watching one a few minutes ago, showing a video of twenty people who stayed behind in a Hotel.
You could plainly see there was no rain,a brisk breeze and the water was far below the porch that they were standing out on ,talking to someone else, either in a boat or someone in another building across the street.
Then the reporter says ; They really should not be out there standing in heavy rain, pounding high wind and high flooding water. WHAT!!
When they did show video of high winds and lots of rain it reminded me of a mild day in the tropics during monsoon season.......... :D

When they did show video of high winds and lots of rain it reminded me of a mild day in the tropics during monsoon season.......... :D

It's insanity ! :biggrin:

Don't get me wrong, if the storm track remains unchanged then everyone from Savannah north through southern Virginia needs to take heed and seriously prepare. Granted that's if the storm remains a category 3 or 4 by the time it makes landfall.

I think NBC drug a few branches out in the street to dress things up this morning.

Don't get me wrong, if the storm track remains unchanged then everyone from Savannah north through southern Virginia needs to take heed and seriously prepare. Granted that's if the storm remains a category 3 or 4 by the time it makes landfall.

That's the thing. If some website or pundit expresses the absurdity of a 'killer' storm when reporters are standing out in it reporting about it, they are accused of encouraging people not to take the warnings seriously. A Cat 4 storm that took a sharp left turn and headed for shore would do tremendous damage, and people would be well advised not to be there. We need to take the warnings seriously. But doesn't a reporter standing in the storm reporting on it give the illusion that it isn't so bad?

They did that the last storm that hit the west coast of Florida wanting us to think it was so terrible. They did get a lot of rain and some surface flooding but nothing Floridians haven't lived through many times. They have to issue the warnings, and of course you want to get folks out of the way of a killer storm, but geez, some common sense please. They'll keep yelling wolf and nobody will take them seriously when they should be paying close attention.

Last edited:

"a herd of bison singing Handel's Messiah"

:rofl:

Okay. Now I'm headed for the kitchen to make dinner with Handel's Messiah sung by bison ringing in my ears.

Well...we survived hurricane # 2 for the season. It helped being on the opposite side of the State. We still got quite a bit of rain and 20-30 MPH wind gusts. Nothing too serious. It looks like folks on the Atlantic coast fared better than expected...thank God.

My stepson was off from school so we watched the movie Almost Famous on Netflix. What a great movie. :thup:

Anyone...this song was featured prominently so i learned it in about 20 minutes and just finished recording it. It's in an open tuning that's a little tricky. Hope you like. :)

Something In The Air by user183852791

Almost_famous_poster1.jpg

Forum List

Back